Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

A request to the players

If anyone connected to the squad reads this board then please relay to them that we don''t want a week of hearing that they are up for the fight because it is plainly obvious that they aren''t and we are sick of hearing it, You are a gutless bunch of tossers and not fit to wear the shirt.   And Russell Martin if you want "words" with anyone questioning the commitment of the players feel free to contact me. Wankers the lot of you.

I feel sorry for Martin. Whenever there is a bad performance or result (which have been numerous this season) either himself or Snodgrass seem to be the men who are required to front up to the camera.

It inevitably means they are then the target for fan criticism despite being easily two of our most committed players this season. Having met Martin briefly, I can say that he is a top man and a top pro who doesn''t deserve that kind of a bashing. He will be a key player next season - regardless of what league we are in.

I am always very reluctant to criticise the professionalism and integrity of players. I genuinely think that most of them are trying their best but the sad reality is that this squad doesn''t have the quality that many people like to believe it does - despite all of that investment in the summer.

The spotlight should there be on Hughton and his failings in that department in the summer. We have almost completely overhauled Lambert''s squad at decent expense and appear to have gone backwards.