Turner

Olsson

Tettey

Johnson

E Bennett

Howson

Snodgrass

Hooper

I would totally agree with Surfers team, perhaps have Loza or Morris around the bench..Hoolahan too..after all only goals for will save us now..would not have that useless excuse RVW anywhere near the squad..disgusted again by his reaction to getting subbed today..what did ge expect..never want to see him again in a city shirt...utter garbage

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Howson Tettey Fer Ronaldo

Ibrahimovic

Happy with the OP line up. Thought Elmander put a decent shift in today.

Would like a young enthusiastic striker on the bench. I didn''t think either RVW or Hooper put enough into it today.

------------------------Ruddy---------------------------

Martin------Turner----------Bassong------Olsson

-------------------------Tettey--------------------------

-----------Snodgrass----------Howson-------------

-----------------------Hoolahan---------------------

---------------Hooper------------Van Wolfswinkel

I think Elmander is better than many give him credit for - for a lot of the season he was a link-up man rather than a striker, though didn''t have a lot to link to! I''d certainly see him ahead of RvW next weekend.

Martin to replace the less effective Whittiker at RB.

Bassong to take Martins place at CB!

Hooper to start upfront, why oh why is Ricky Van Dogsdick picked ahead of him??

Tetty in place of Fer.

Hoolahan instead of Redmond!

I would indeed Jimmy. The bottom line is that our striking options are something of a Hobson''s choice at the moment. However, I think those two are the best of a pretty awful bunch. Elmander''s record tells you he will never be good enough - at least with Hooper and RVW their records suggest they should have something about them.

I would certainly play the diamond next week as with the exception of Snodgrass we have no wide players in any kind of form whatsoever (Redmond''s end product is dire and mentally it seems Pilkington has checked out). I think that role on the right of the diamond would suit Snodgrass down to the ground as well - given that he likes to cut in and play narrow anyway.

[quote user="kingsway"]Martin to replace the less effective Whittiker at RB. Bassong to take Martins place at CB! Hooper to start upfront, why oh why is Ricky Van Dogsdick picked ahead of him?? Tetty in place of Fer. Hoolahan instead of Redmond![/quote]

What has Martin done to show he''s more effective? He''s been in the team most of the season, a regular part of a ropey defence and gives you less than Whittaker going forward. Hard to see how people continue to make a case for him being the better RB.

Bassong back = yes.

Hooper has looked rubbish too so there''s not a lot to pick between them.

Tettey for Johnson. If you''re having Tettey AND Johnson in midfield you''ll do even less going forward.

And yes, it''s hard to find a reason to keep Redmond in the team. Absolutely woeful today. Youth is not an excuse for some of what he did.

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]I agree, Snoddy gots his faults but he''s about the best we''ve got at the moment.

I bet Leeds would take him back if they ever had the opportunity - which they won''t.[/quote]

If you take every corner, freekick and are the target for much of the keepers distribution then by default you will appear to be a key player. However, look at what he does with them. How effective is he. Defenders have worked out that if you stop him cutting inside he is no threat. This normally ends with rolling on the floor and an appeal.

Is it coincidence we are a better looking team when he did not play this season.

RuddyMartin at RBTurner and Yobo CB (or Ryan Bennett if Yobo isn''t fit)Olsson LBJohnson, Tettey, Howson CMSnodgrass, Elliott Bennett AMElmander up front

Okay, it might not be the *best* team on paper, but in the circumstances, nothing would be more frustrating to see the team not turn up and the players having given up, like Fer has done recently. We''d get an honest shift out of the above 11.

GJP,

You really don''t see what others see do you, or is it you believe you see something the majority don''t?

As for RM being a regular part of a ropey defence, so has Olsson, so has Bassong, so has Turner and so has Whittaker (he has played 15 games). So is RM to blame (solely) for every goal we concede or every poor defensive performance. As I have said before, PL selected him, CH selected him, NA selects him and makes him captain and Gordon Strachan selects him, but may be, just may be you are a better judge of a player.

Let me ask you the question you ask of the board, only instead of us telling you what RM has done to show he is more effective, perhaps you could tell us what Whitts has done to show he is more effective.

Something different

I''d go 3 5 2 May as well!

Ruddy

Bennett Yobo Turner

Bennet olsson as wing backs

Tettey Johnson Howson

Redmond elmander

With Redmond and elmander playing high up against the defence none of this dropping deep.

Hmmm...do we now know who your apparent chum is in the squad, Ray?! !

Blaming RM does seem a bit lame, he hasn''t been bad at all this season and I''d certainly have him at rb ahead of Whittaker (who may be a wee bit better going forward, though RM does it fairly well himself). That said, I''d have Bassong ahead of RM at cb, for me one of Adams''s most odd choices has been his back four.

Branston,

Any chums I have are certainly not ''apparent'' and I said in that previous thread, why do people assume the singular?

I think NA has made some decisions based on attitude and not neccessarily ability.

That said and IMO, overall I think our defence has acquitted itself quite well in the last three games, of course they will concede, every defence does but most of the goals we have conceded have come from lack of tracking back by our midfield or midfield errors, all three Liverpool goals and 2 if not three of yesterday''s goals. RM and Turner should not have to be attempting to shut down Rooney, the midfiled should be and who was supposed to be tracking Mata, he waltzed into the 6 yard box unopposed.

i think 3-5 1-1 or 3-5-2 would really work at chelsea. Ruddy

Bennett Yobo if fit if not martin Turner

Bennet olsson as wing backs

Tettey Johnson Howson

snodgrass elmander or hopper in for snodgrass

The debate about Russell Martin is always a good one, but surely every one can see that he is better at RB than CB and we do have better CB''s, who when fit and if their head is right should start......NA has got this wrong I feel.

I seem to be watching a different game every week, because unless I am mistaken, compared to RVW and Hooper, both who I have been super patient with, Elamnder clearly has the better all round game to lead the line, and at least brings others into the game and very important, hold the ball up to do that.

For all his promise, Redmond should be an impact player right now and not a starter, and if he is played must be wide all the time.

If fit Bennett should now come in.

The thing is, how you then pick a  team I have no clue, clearly like many others :-)

I wouldn''t play Martin again he was dreadful against United replace Him at RB with E Bennett and Hobo for R Bennett at least Elmander did try when he came on

ruddy    martin bennett  bassong  garrido                 johnson  ferredmond     snodgrass           olsson                      hooper

Ruddy

Martin Benett Turner Garrido

Redmond Tettey Johnson Ollson

Snodgrass

Becchio

Hoolahan, Redmond and Elmander to come on if we find ourselves behind. I would drop both Wolfy and Fer.

Tempted to start Hoolahan for his creativity but think we need to stay compact and strong and try not to concede to early.