Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

RVW is gonna come good today

Would love to see it happen football is a funny game anything could happen.Then all tis manue this manue that Ryan Giggs this Ryan Giggs that might stop Sky sports news I am pretty sure are Manue sponsors because that''s all they keep talking about for the last few days.HOW I would love it if we beat them then perhaps Norwich might get mention OTBC

I have the same hunch. RVW has to come good sometime - and tonight would be perfect.

I notice he''s been talking about scoring last time he played in Manchester (for Sporting vs Man City) - which indicates he''s focussing on success...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I have the same hunch. RVW has to come good sometime - and tonight would be perfect.

I notice he''s been talking about scoring last time he played in Manchester (for Sporting vs Man City) - which indicates he''s focussing on success...[/quote]

You would think a ball would bounce in off him into the goal by now.

Due some luck

His body language is quite bad so I hold onto the hope he is very much a confidence player and a goal will transform him into at least half the player on those youtube vids.

[quote user="im spartacus"]He is going to make up for everything with a hell of a performance and telling goals against manure, if i knew how to fill out a betting slip i would go and have a flutter...    [:D]
[/quote]

Save your money sparty he''s a wrong un''.

I think all of us, well almost all of us, wish for a turn round in fortunes for RVW and today would be a great day to do. I too am really getting jarred off with the "Giggsy" coverage, particularly on Sky.....its almost making me vomit its so sickly.....this would be a great day to spoil the party, really would......not as good as the Goss day out on The Kop''s last day of standing, but would very very close.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Ryan Giggs is really coming across as a slimy arrogant tosser.
[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

I really hope you''re right Spartacus. I''ve been waiting, and hoping all season that he could just nick one goal, as I''m sure that would trigger a rush of goals in the games to follow. Think today might actually be a good game for him- his movement will hopefully outwit what is undeniably an ageing defence.

He''s f**king pony...will never score again or play for us again after this season

The biggest embarrassment in NCFC history, probably more so than Jason Jarrett

I''ve long felt he might just be our saviour in the last 4 games (provided he gets to play a decent amount of minutes obviously), and here we are. Very close against Liverpool (and Fulham) I''ve also got a feeling today could be his day, like Suarez against us he will have good memories of playing in Manchester and I hope this gives him that extra edge this evening. Has anyone else noticed a favourite trick of his when heading is to head down in front of the keeper thus giving the keeper a harder flight path when trying to read the bounce - perhaps he''s being too clever?!.

Won''t predict a score or anything, I''m starting to feel I jinx the team every time I say ''We''ll win today''...

OTBC

Hooper will surely start today though.  Ricky might get a few minutes at the end.

The papers are debating how many the revived and dynamic team under Giggs will score. They seem to have overlooked that for the Norwich team confidence is growing, and for one or two players - Hooper, Fer, RvW, the experience of playing at Old Trafford may lift their games.. On top of this we lost unluckily to them at CR, and I hope our players will want to put this right.

So go on Rikki, if you play, and show us what you can do!

I''m sure given an infinite amount of time he will come good... can''t see it happening personally no offence to the lad, hasn''t clicked at all...

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It not just RVW we need to come good. We need 11 career best performances today. We need warriors, we need character but most of all we need a miracle.[/quote]

yep we need all of the above which is why RVW should not be in a yellow shirt

[quote user="Salopian"]The papers are debating how many the revived and dynamic team under Giggs will score. They seem to have overlooked that for the Norwich team confidence is growing, and for one or two players - Hooper, Fer, RvW, the experience of playing at Old Trafford may lift their games.. On top of this we lost unluckily to them at CR, and I hope our players will want to put this right.

So go on Rikki, if you play, and show us what you can do![/quote]While all that is true, not looking at it through rose tinted glasses United will be resurgent regardless of Ryan''s ability to manage or his slimy tosser sensibilities. We have lost 8 away games in a row, 3  games in a row, lost 4-0 at Old Trafford to their reserve team earlier in the year and lost at home to a very bad, off form Man U team that hadn''t bought Mata or had Rooney available at the time.Personally I think we have a chance but if you were a betting man or an outsider you''re unlikely to be bigging up the prospects of the team about to be plummeted into the relegation zone and their all time most expensive signing who hasn''t scored since mid August.

Well, I''ll be alone in feeling for him today - great to see him taken off when we were about to take a free kick into the box. Harshly adjudged for the first half disallowed goal.

The ups and downs of supporting the club you love. Gutted. OTBC

I''m going to say it...Ricky Van Wolfswinkel is the WORST player to have ever played for us.. he no passes Carl Robinson as the worst player I have seen in 23 years of support.. and that took some doing....what an absolute Joke of a striker he has turned out to be.... he throws his toys out of his pram when substituted, not up to it, never going to be up to it, send him off to some tin pot the league the other end of Europe and we can forget all about him.

[quote user="im spartacus"]and that guys and gals is why you never see me in a bookies [:D][/quote]Gallows humour I like!

Unfortunately my patience has ran out with this guy. His price tag has saved him from even more abuse IMO; people are still hoping he can live up and justify that huge outlay, but as more games go past it is starting to look less and less likely.

I appreciate he didn''t have much of an opportunity to impress today but the one time he did get the ball in space with good attacking options he looked absolutely clueless, and as every city fan at the game expected, ran straight into a defender. His attitude at being substituted is not helping him either.

I am starting to wonder if there''s a clause in his contract regarding appearances when he''s fit enough to play, how he started after Hooper finally scored last week blows my mind, couple that with some other starts he''s been given this season and i really struggle to see why both Hughton and Adams have stuck with him.

priceyrice wrote the following post at 2014-04-27 1:21

I am starting to wonder if there''s a clause in his contract regarding appearances when he''s fit enough to play..........

Nail and head. Believe his father acted as his agent.........and to get into a World Cup squad you need to be playing premiership football regularly..........about 75% of matches as a first choice striker when fit!

But then you also have to score goals, and he hasn''t ......so slthough contract complied with, he won''t make World Cup I suggest!

........... and next season we will be saying Why couldn''t he do that with us?"

He was a very bad purchase, like Hooper. Not because they are bad footballers but because their style and attributes are probably the last thing we wanted, or needed, this season.

Only if we were going to be playing a lot in the last third and throwing balls into the opposition box would either of those two be good signings.

We are not good enough to play that far forward and we are unable to get constant service into the box.

For what we needed, they were a waste of money.

City 2nd, you make a good point. I would like to hope the club would never give someone an appearance clause in their contract, but this situation seems very fishy!