Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Positive thread.

I''ve taken the liberty of repeating part of my posting in Yorkshire''s recent thread as I think that there is too much doomed and gloom abound in canaryland atm.

I''ll probably get lambasted by some on here, and let them refute any of my positive thoughts at will.

I will not be moved.

It''s not over yet but if we do succumb then we should enter our Championship campaign as a club without debt, good support, the nucleus of a decent squad (at that level,) and, of course parachute money. We also have one of the best squads of youngsters the Club has ever had. That''s not too bad  a scenario  and not exactly the "fate worse than death," or whatever, that McNally stated.

So we were pummelled by one of the World''s best and most expensive teams on their own soil and with new impetus,. We were poor but let''s not over-react  perleese.

I''m keeping positive until it''s all decided and, as I''ve stated, there are reasons to be cheerful  however the dice rolls. 

Finally, would you prefer to be a supporter of a club about £90m in debt with an anonymous owner who has tightened the purse strings , with dwindling support and thinking that 10th. in the Chumps constitutes a " good season" and not even owning their own ground? Guess who.

Signed,

A plastic but not a happy clappy by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree with pretty much all you say Stairs. The only point I fear is that I do not think we will go down with a strong nucleus of a team. I am afraid many will go either with exit clauses or will just be too expensive to hold onto. I think the squad will be around Bunn, Rudd, Olsson, turner, bennett, Martin, garrido, tettey, howson, Redmond, Whittaker, hooper, e.bennett, the Murphy''s, Johnson. We will need 2 new proven championship strikers, a couple of new centre backs and a couple in the middle. In addition I suspect the board will need to find a new CEO as after this McNally will not be able to continue and a new team manager and coaches. Who will find the new manager if McNally goes? Delia and the gang were not very successful in their last attempts. I just hope the chairman will be preparing for this situation already now as we will need to get moving on new CEO and manager very quickly.

Yay, we get to go back to being little ol Norwich and back to mid table championship finishes. Probably where we deserve to be.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Yay, we get to go back to being little ol Norwich and back to mid table championship finishes. Probably where we deserve to be.[/quote]

Too cynical JS. We are, after all neither a big club nor a small one (whatever these labels mean) but like over half the sides who will grace the PL next season we are a ''medium'' club. No disgrace there and for the reasons mentioned above we should be able to compete with force should the Championship beckon.

This thinking is not ''little ''ol Norwich'' surely?

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]after this McNally will not be able to continue[/quote]I''ve

seen this stated quite often on here but totally disagree. Consider

where we were when he joined (third division, over £20m in debt and

turnover of c£18m) compared with the prospect of starting next season in

the Championship (no debt and an estimated income of c£50m inc

parachute payments plus several £m for selling players). Hardly a sackable offence is it?Two

promotions, one relegation, debt wiped out and income in excess of £50m

compared with long term Championship teams like ITFC (total income £14m

last year and £82m debt).The original seven -year plan included one relegation from the Prem (after one year) so a three year stay is well beyond all expectations from just five years ago. If we do go down (and I have not given up yet), we would start next season with a new manager with money to spend and would be in a prime position for a swift return. Calling for McNally''s head is just plain crazy.