Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

Were we really that bad?

Serious question! I watched the first half but missed all of the second half due to a sick kid.

I thought we looked great in the first half, all things considered. Sure it was backs to the wall at some points but I thought we battled well, created a few decent chances (Snodgrass looked dangerous) and we looked like we could upset the party. On top of that, our goal should never have been disallowed and nor should that penalty have been given.

I saw enough to give me hope against Arsenal, albeit I''ve been saying we''ll be relegated since January.

So what happened? Were we really that bad in the second half?

I believe we have looked the worst side in the league for most of the season and even now when we are supposedly fighting for our lives there appears to be no pace or fight in the team whatsoever . This has been the slowest most painful relegation i can remember even worse than when Coventry won those last 3 games after the season had effectively ended all those years ago.

Yes we were that bad. Our heads dropped and we rolled over.

There are two teams fighting relegation on TV right now and they are fighting.

With regard to the "disallowed goal", the ref blew the whistle before the ball had reached the goalkeeper. However, the foul for which the ref blew was more of a coming together than a definite nudge by our player.

I thought we played pretty well in the first half and had we gone in at HT at 0-0 the 2nd half would probably have been very different. The penalty was soft and probably wouldn''t have been given if it had been at the other end, but the ball should have been cleared before the incident. The 2nd Utd goal was unforgivable. Within minutes of the restart, a time when we should have been totally alert to the fact that Utd were going to come out of the blocks fast, a world class player such as Rooney was not closed down, allowed to shoot and of course scored. After that we enabled Utd to look much better than they really. Elmander coming on made a difference and should have made the score 4-1 from his own opportunism. 4-0 was a fair result for me and we would probably have lost 7-0 if Hughton had been in charge.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]I believe we have looked the worst side in the league for most of the season and even now when we are supposedly fighting for our lives there appears to be no pace or fight in the team whatsoever . This has been the slowest most painful relegation i can remember even worse than when Coventry won those last 3 games after the season had effectively ended all those years ago.[/quote]

No we haven''t looked the worst, have you not watched most of the bottom ten? Most of them have looked awful for various periods, Palace under Pulis and Hull are really the only ones that don''t deserve to come under that label. Even when teams are ''trying'' they just lack quality. We are not the worst, we are one of the bad ones in a bad bunch.

And everyone was delighted with the effort in the last two games, why is everyone suddenly back to abusing the team at every opportunity? Was extremely obvious what was going to happen yesterday, apparently to everyone apart from Norwich fans...

We were useless. Completely short of talent and belief. The more I see of us, the more I think not only will wee go down, we will struggle down there without major changes. There are only ruddy, Olsson, Turner and Snodgrass I would want in my team next season. The rest can do one.

Oh come on ginge, we are out of our depth. There have only been about 4 games this season I thought we did well in. The current lot need a rocket up their Arse or they need to leave. Too many of them seemingly couldn''t give a toss about our club and I won''t miss them.

4 games? I can think of four games we''ve lost and done well in...

Everton, Southampton, Chelsea, Cardiff, West Ham (second half), Man.U, Man.C, Spurs, Sunderland and Liverpool at home, maybe Palace and Stoke.

Plus few away games like Arsenal, WBA, Stoke, Cardiff again, West Ham again (bar two 5/10 minute spells in those two). And probably some others.

Seriously? This season has been very disappointing, but why on earth are so many people just so ready to have a go at the team, the players, whatever. Its pathetic. More pathetic than some of our worst performances, which there have been too many of. But not 32 games... Come on Jimmy, support the bloody team you support.

Most of them were average performances. At most of them either the strikers let us down or the defence did. Far too often we have looked well out of our depth. Losing at home to man u is hardly a good game.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 2014-04-27 4:53

No we haven''t looked the worst.......

Errrrr, wrong again, our league position NOW suggests we are one of the worst, take a look and you will see........less goals scored than any other team, pathetic goal difference, and pathetic points total!

To recap, we are one of the WORST THREE SIDES because the stats and league table says so.

And that is down to Hughton, no one else.

Well we played well and didn''t deserve to lose.

It was one of those games that showed Hughton should have gone earlier. But we played well. There were many many many games like that, when we either played well and didn''t score, did score but then let it slip etc etc that Hughton just couldn''t get the balance right often enough which should have been enough to show he was never going to get it right and he should have gone earlier.

I honestly don''t know how you can support a football team with an attitude like that. Of course there have been too many disappointing performances, and disappointing results even if performance was ok. But if I were that negative about everything I would just give up because you''re giving your time and money to the club, to the sport and then just moan about it constantly. Even when things are bad surely its much better to just try and remain positive and get some enjoyment somewhere? Otherwise what is the point?

City 2nd....

What?

You said I was wrong, then don''t say anything to back that up...

I said we weren''t the worst. You have just said we are one of the worst, which is actually what I said. Well done. Aren''t you a clever one.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 2014-04-27 5:21 PM:

City 2nd....

What?

You said I was wrong, then don''t say anything to back that up...

I said we weren''t the worst. You have just said we are one of the worst, which is actually what I said. Well done. Aren''t you a clever one.

Certainly more than you for sure!