Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

So McNally, death is worse than relegation

so will we expect you to fall on your sword at the end of the seasonYou said our remit was to stay out of the bottom three,and the harsh, stark reality is we are now thereOnly a miracle will save us. Looking at the table we need "more than one win" to stay up, against Chelsea & ArsenalYou entrusted more money in new players than ever beforeYou entrusted this in a manager, who (I admit I wanted Hughton in) has failed in every wayThe performances have continued to be poor throughout an entire season, this is do0wn to the managerThe new players have not performed (RVW, Elmander, Fer), this is down to the managerEither the wromg players were bought, or they have failed to respond to the manager, this is down to the manager(despite more clean sheets than most seasons) We have got the 3 worst goal difference, and leakiest defenceOur strikers have failed to score goals all seasonThe fans saw the problems well before you did. You pledged loyalty to the manager despite continuing problemsIn jan, we were a long way from being safe, and despite leaky defense, lack of creativity and goals, no "freshing up" or new players were brought in(Jan prices may be inflated, but is investing between £0 to £10m in new players is worth more to the £60m Premiership than Championship and we all remember Doncasters "prudence with ambition" - look where that got us!)The board failed to actAnd with 5 games to go you sack the manager and give the role to someone with no experience at allYou even say "we have taken this decision to maximise our chances of staying up"We failed to get a result against Fulham (one suspects that was your "putting your eggs in one basket" and it backfiredLiverpool continued to be our bogey team, and a poor Man U have thumped us.Fulham are breathing down our necks, and now Sunderland have overtaken usWe are in the bottom three. Can anyone see a result against Chelsea or Arsenal (even if the gods favour us with luck e.g Liverpool beating Chelsea so they''re out of it, and Chelsea''s Champions League semi, plus Arsenal could tie up 4th against Newcastle and have the cup) we can no longer rely on other teams. WE HAVE TO BEAT someone. But who. 2 games left. Still no goalsThis has been a poor season by anyone''s standards, and whilst many of us will put the blame at the managers feet, the Board have played a massive role in our downfall.I am a hugely positive fan, but if we are to down, I just wish the season would finish, and we can hopefully start to rebuild, but are you a man of your words? Mcnally has been a massive influence in turning this club round, but even he has made many poor decision this season.They say fans are fickle, and are we just supposed to wash this under the carpet and forget your words if/when we get relegated?

You do realise that its the board that makes the decisions, and he just executes them?Or maybe you don''t...

[quote user="CanaryOne"]He will quit ,cannot really stick around after making such a balls up of it .[/quote]I can see no reason why he should.

I think this is totally unnecessary to bring up

People would understand who have lost someone. It''s bad enough situation without this.

[quote user="morty"]You do realise that its the board that makes the decisions, and he just executes them?Or maybe you don''t...[/quote]Erm, thankyou for clearing that up Morty. Are you the angel of being obvious? Of course I know it''s the board.But Mcnally is the CEO, and takes most of the final decisions. Or didn''t you know that?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="CanaryOne"]He will quit ,cannot really stick around after making such a balls up of it .[/quote]I can see no reason why he should.[/quote]Ditto.We are debt free for the first time in donkeys years, we have a category one academy, and the club is being run better than its ever been.

[quote user="ian"]I think this is totally unnecessary to bring up

People would understand who have lost someone. It''s bad enough situation without this.[/quote]
This is a reference to DM''s comments about relegation being worse than death.
I''m sure most are aware that DM''s Dad passed away around the time of the Spurs game, but that is not what the thread is directed towards (although in light of his bereavement, it''s possibly a little distasteful to have dragged these comments back out)

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="morty"]You do realise that its the board that makes the decisions, and he just executes them?Or maybe you don''t...[/quote]Erm, thankyou for clearing that up Morty. Are you the angel of being obvious? Of course I know it''s the board.But Mcnally is the CEO, and takes most of the final decisions. Or didn''t you know that?[/quote]No he doesn''t. Do you think he acts with complete autonomy, without the board even paying attention?

[quote user="ian"]I think this is totally unnecessary to bring up

People would understand who have lost someone. It''s bad enough situation without this.[/quote]Thanks Ian,This is a messageboard for opinions. We are all welcome to say what we feel. I''m a life long fan. I may not go to every game but I''ve supported the canaries through thick and thin, and for almost 40 years.I''ll still support them whatever happens

[quote user="morty"]You do realise that its the board that makes the decisions, and he just executes them?Or maybe you don''t...[/quote]Yes and Delia Smith is probably equally to blame if not more so than McNally but he will take the fall , i think if you look back on his interviews he even hints at heads having to fall higher than the manager .End of the day he stuck with an idiot just like a few supporters we wont name eh ? he got it so badly wrong and has to pay with his job .

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="morty"]You do realise that its the board that makes the decisions, and he just executes them?Or maybe you don''t...[/quote]Yes and Delia Smith is probably equally to blame if not more so than McNally but he will take the fall , i think if you look back on his interviews he even hints at heads having to fall higher than the manager .End of the day he stuck with an idiot just like a few supporters we wont name eh ? he got it so badly wrong and has to pay with his job .[/quote]Yeah, sack her too then[Y]

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ian"]I think this is totally unnecessary to bring up

People would understand who have lost someone. It''s bad enough situation without this.[/quote]
This is a reference to DM''s comments about relegation being worse than death.
I''m sure most are aware that DM''s Dad passed away around the time of the Spurs game, but that is not what the thread is directed towards (although in light of his bereavement, it''s possibly a little distasteful to have dragged these comments back out)
[/quote]Thanks Kick it.This post is not meant to be distasteful. I am simply commenting on comments Mcnally made. The board have ultimately failed in their remit to stay out of the bottom three, and if Mcnally doesn''t wanted to be commented on, especially his own comments, he needs to be more careful in what he says, especially being the public face of the club!I am surprised he made comments like these. Not prudent

The more upset amongst us seem to be flaying with their swords in all directions looking for someone to blame.

Yes, the Club hierarchy did get it wrong in the end. Shite happens but let''s not go overboard.

I hope McNasty stays (who else instead?) 

Ridiculous to suggest otherwise IMO.

If you enjoy the good then take the bad like real men/ladies and stop wimpering..

We''ll be back and sooner rather than later. Of that I have little doubt.

[quote user="morty"]How long have you been a fan Samwam?[/quote]You obviously don''t read the threads properly. Have already explained I''ve been a fan for 40 years. Does that count?

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="morty"]How long have you been a fan Samwam?[/quote]You obviously don''t read the threads properly. Have already explained I''ve been a fan for 40 years. Does that count?[/quote]Well stop acting like its your first time you have been relegated.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

The more upset amongst us seem to be flaying with their swords in all directions looking for someone to blame.

Yes, the Club hierarchy did get it wrong in the end. Shite happens but let''s not go overboard.

I hope McNasty stays (who else instead?) 

Ridiculous to suggest otherwise IMO.

If you enjoy the good then take the bad like real men/ladies and stop wimpering..

We''ll be back and sooner rather than later. Of that I have little doubt.

[/quote]Didn''t say otherwise-and as a fan of 40 years (better say for a third time in case someone misses it, I like many, have shared both the good and bad at this club. Totally agree with you Broadstairs.

I think it is fair to say I have been McNally''s harshest critic on this board. In the early years probably his only critic! And I don''t think he should resign or be sacked if we get relegated. As to specifically why not, that might be for another time (it being a long argument), if we go down.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="morty"]How long have you been a fan Samwam?[/quote]You obviously don''t read the threads properly. Have already explained I''ve been a fan for 40 years. Does that count?[/quote]Well stop acting like its your first time you have been relegated.[/quote]I''ll act how I like thanks Morty. Have seen plenty of your posts Morty, and you tell me to act otherwise!Anyway, so glad to have posted something for a change.

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="morty"]How long have you been a fan Samwam?[/quote]You obviously don''t read the threads properly. Have already explained I''ve been a fan for 40 years. Does that count?[/quote]Well stop acting like its your first time you have been relegated.[/quote]I''ll act how I like thanks Morty. Have seen plenty of your posts Morty, and you tell me to act otherwise!Anyway, so glad to have posted something for a change. [/quote]Having read this thread, I do want to hold my hands up and realise, what Mcnally said was "relegation is worse than death" not what I put.