Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Nathan Redmond

You''re right I am using it against him.. if you can''t walk the walk, don''t talk the talk.

And just for the record the majority of footballers on twitter are extremely level headed.

Undeniably Redmond has got ability but if he''s gonna make it to the top he should start concentrating on his football.

I''ve never seen Bale, Rooney, Ronaldo, Suarez or even Walcott or the Ox on twitter like: Yo look at man in his new Range, mad chicks bruv init #Baller #Selfie

I was so frustrated tonight by Redmond''s inadequacies and decision-making - or lack of it. Given the discussion is about his pace and relative youthfulness, a useful - and ultimately embarrassing - comparison is surely with Raheem Sterling who is a few months younger than Redmond. Last season Sterling burst onto the scene for Liverpool and then faded as his shortcomings became more apparent. Less than a year on, and with the help of good coaching and man management he is in a different league to Redmond. Contrast Redmond''s inability to offer anything telling or decisive with Sterling''s coolness against Man City and making chumps of Kompany and Hart.

As i said last week...you have to admire his balls.  Does he seriously think he can jsut run THROUGH 5 or 6 defenders? Doesn''t get his head up, cant cross, offers little movement.  He is young yes, and most definitely a year in the championship would do him some good but perhaps he should take a look over to the other wing.....if he put as much into his game as snoddy does then perhaps one day he actually will make it.

I am surprised that everybody is being so negative about him at the moment. As far as I am concerned he is not much changed from the player that many seemed to rave about earlier and felt should be named every week. He wasn''t a superstar then and he''s not useless now.He has bags of potential - can beat players with ease but passing, crossing and shooting are not premiership standard yet. But he''s only just 20 - give him a chance!

STAN wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 8:59 PM:

You''re right I am using it against him.. if you can''t walk the walk, don''t talk the talk.

--------------------------------------------

I think i''ve just worked out that its just best not to respond to your posts when your replying to me

No because you''re judging his ability from viewing his twitter account. I don''t think your opinion is even valid or up for discussion

I cannot remember which manager or which young player it was he was talking about  but he said

I am not going to say how good he is or could be as he is young and next thing he will turn up to training in a range rover with hip hop music blaring  a cap back to front thinking he has made it !

looking at his twitter Redmond fits the bill nicely !

[quote user="ron obvious"]Seems to have gone rapidly downhill after a promising start.[/quote]

Never was on high ground. He''s pants and always has been

After Josh Murphy provided an orthodox left wing cross for Snodgrass to head home against Fulham he was interviewed on Radio Norfolk.

He said that, regardless of how the goal had come about, he was encouraged to come inside and shoot.

I would imagine, as Redmond has played most of the season on the left, that he has also been instructed to come inside and shoot.

It worked against Southampton but has been pitiful since.

With the pace that Redmond has surely his brief should be to get to the goal line and get in meaningful crosses. That has not happened.

It must be assumed that he has continued to be coached on his finishing (although it still seems he has much to learn) and has neglected any work on his crossing.

Don''t blame Redmond, blame those who had been entrusted to improve a promising young player.

Unfortunately I feel he has not improved this season.

Norwich have a real problem here. Against big sides who are going to dominate possession you need pace in your side to be effective on the counter attack against them. Redmond is the only pacey player we really have in that regard.

The problem with that is that Redmond''s end product is a million miles away from being Premiership standard and any opportunities he creates are therefore invariably wasted. You are ultimately damned if you play and damned if you don''t play. It only goes to illustrate the inadequacies in our squad at present.

Passing is poor, crossing virtually nonexistant and generally his end product has to improve!

That said hes much stronger on the right hand side but hasn''t played there regularly since the early part of the season. I thought that Adams being a former right winger would of sussed this out!

Why do posters keep saying that Redmond has pace? Does he push and run past defenders? NoDoes he run directly at the centre backs and cut through them? NoDoes he burst through onto threaded passes? NoDoes he skin the full back and get free on the wing? NoDoes he ever pick the ball up whilst moving at pace? NoDoes he ever use this pace he is supposed to have  to any great effect in a game? NoI do think that he has talent but I also think that at the moment he does not contribute enough to warrant a place in the side. Would prefer to see Ollson play wide left with Garrido at left back or play Murphy in his place.

Redmond needs to work on his final ball. It''s probably been said many many times before, but it''s this that lets him down. Can''t fault his work rate however.

To me he looks frustrated, and to be honest, who can blame him. He''s playing in a team which has been defensively minded all season.

If the worst happens and we are relegated, I''m positive he will be a gem for us in the Championship. We just have to hope, if we go down, we can keep hold of him. He''s one of those players at the current moment in time, is to good for the Championship but doesn''t cut it at PL level.

Those are valid arguments to an extent Jimmy. However, the bottom line is that yesterday whenever Redmond got in a decent position to deliver something with quality, his end product was atrocious. I think the absolute nadir was his failure to beat a one man wall consisting of just Shinji Kagawa when he was at least 40 yards from goal.

We''ve asked too much from Redmond this season admittedly and he has started far more games than he should have done at this stage of his development. There is no questioning that the talent is there, but he is a long way short of being a top flight player right now.

Sorry to say but there''s an awful lot of carp being talked on this thread.I keep hearing how his crossing is awful, yet despite this he somehow manages to have the highest cross success rate of ALL of our wingers.I keep hearing about lack of end product, yet when it comes to key passes only Snoddy and Hooper (just) make more per game.I keep hearing how he doesn''t use his pace or really get past defenders that much, but somehow he makes more succesful dribbles than ANY other player in our team per game.He also gives the ball away less than the likes of Snoddy, Pilks, Fer and our front two of Hooper and RVW, and he gets dispossed less than any of them as well.I''ll also point out that he makes more tackles per game than players like Johnson, Olsson and Howson (more than 12 other players in fact)!So when I hear a load of squit about how Redmond isn''t performing, I''ll just point people to these facts so they can realise that he isn''t playing anywhere near as badly as some would like to suggest, and in fact he''s actually playing far better than many of our other players...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Sorry to say but there''s an awful lot of carp being talked on this thread.I keep hearing how his crossing is awful, yet despite this he somehow manages to have the highest cross success rate of ALL of our wingers.I keep hearing about lack of end product, yet when it comes to key passes only Snoddy and Hooper (just) make more per game.I keep hearing how he doesn''t use his pace or really get past defenders that much, but somehow he makes more succesful dribbles than ANY other player in our team per game.He also gives the ball away less than the likes of Snoddy, Pilks, Fer and our front two of Hooper and RVW, and he gets dispossed less than any of them as well.I''ll also point out that he makes more tackles per game than players like Johnson, Olsson and Howson (more than 12 other players in fact)!So when I hear a load of squit about how Redmond isn''t performing, I''ll just point people to these facts so they can realise that he isn''t playing anywhere near as badly as some would like to suggest, and in fact he''s actually playing far better than many of our other players...[/quote]

Well then your watching a different game then

Tell you what Alartz, go argue with the guys at WhoScored then and tell them that they''re simply making their stats up...[url]http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/168[/url]

He needs to go back to basics and actually get a cross somewhere near somebody at some point. Yesterday he was soooo frustrating and simply not good enough right now at this level.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]He needs to go back to basics and actually get a cross somewhere near somebody at some point.[/quote]He did - 25% of the time.Which is 25% better than either Olsson or Whittaker who didn''t manage a single accurate cross between them over their 8 attempts!Also of note is that Redmond only attempted 4 crosses compared to Snoddy''s 9 - so no matter how we line up we''re still focusing way too much on giving the ball to Snoddy (who himself managed a 33% cross success rate with 3 out of 9)...I will also point out that Redmond had the 4th highest pass accuracy rate yesterday with 85% success, only Turner, Tettey and Howson managed better (and 2 of those 3 were making mainly shorter defensive passes).I''m sure that yet again someone will try to argue against the facts though...

He was pretty average in the Champs at Birmingham , never a top flight footballer , he alone has brought an end to more Norwich attacks than opposition defenders this season . Get rid when we go down and play Murphy .

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 27/04/2014 11:49 AM:

He was pretty average in the Champs at Birmingham

-------------------------------------------------------

No he was pretty damn good in the championship imo and thats why we got him early so he would be cheaper. Birmingham are probably going to get relegated now (although not just because Redmond has gone i realise. There are a lot of other factors)

I titled a post many months ago

"How much longer are we going to play with

10 men"

Nothing has changed - he has probably

contributed less in 2014

He certainly does not seem to have improved. He has the ability to really test fullbacks, but the end product is usually disappointing. I wonder if in not too long a time he could be overtaken by Josh, who seems to have more going for him although younger.

In fairness I would have to say that, like Benno, he has been played too often on the left, which makes it difficult to pull back crosses from the by line. He needs to develop skill in his left leg and foot.

He is well short of Sterling in shooting ability, and has not really improved in this aspect during the season either.