Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Nathan Redmond

He''s always tweeting about money, girls and how great he is, or he''s out in the City drinking..

Personally I think he''s suffering from severe case of big head syndrome.

He''s young and has some great pace. What the hell do people expect? We know he shouldn''t have a long run of starting games because like all young players, they lack consistency. You didn''t say that when he''s won points for us. He will be a good PL player, but at 19 years old and playing for Norich, what the hell do you expect, give him a break, there''s bigger problems here than redmonds bad game today.

100% agree.. Redmond himself bought into all the early season hype, he thought he''d made it before he actually had.

I don''t like criticising young players but Jesus Christ did he actually complete a pass? Has he ever completed a cross? I still think he has potential, but at the moment he barely looks like a championship player.

I keep hearing that he has pace, yet I cannot remember the last time he got away from a defender by using this alleged pace. He was awful today, both in attacking and defending, if he is not ready then this is not the time to play him for experience.

Initially looked a quick clever winger. Gone down rapidly and final ball has been very poor for some time. Well short of premiership quality.

Reminds me a lot of Wright-Phillips/Neil Lennon. Looks dangerous but produces little in the end result.

vos wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 8:19 PM:

Neil Lennon. Looks dangerous but produces little in the end result.

-------------------------------------

I don''t want him to manage us either

try playing him in the right position and you might get a better resulttry playing him in an attacking team with an attacking mentality and you might get a better result

he will be an england international in time

I think the same of you. I reckon Redmond will be a good player in time. I for one am glad we''ve got him, just ashame that we keep stating the young lad

Unless Redmond get''s his head down he''ll never be a England international.

Follow him on Twitter you''d think he was Cristiano Ronaldo.

Nothing new. Same posters, spouting same nonsense. Oooo he''s got pace, and, and, he does step overs, and............................................... Nope. That''s all folks. He''s shite. Such a shame Pilkington hasn''t been involved this season because he is ten times the player Redmond is and probably ever will be.

He''s not ***, he''s just not learnt how to cross properly. For a winger, its pretty important. That pace will came in hand, look at Walcott, I wouldn''t mind him in our squad

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s not ***, he''s just not learnt how to cross properly. For a winger, its pretty important. That pace will came in hand, look at Walcott, I wouldn''t mind him in our squad[/quote]

In that case what did the previous coach do with him during training? Always said I blamed Calderwood for many of our problems. You say Redmond hasn''t learnt to cross. Well he should have been taught by Calderwood then

Bags of pace... beats a man easily... cuts inside and blasts it towards goal (resulting in just one goal all season).Crossing, when seen, generally poor, and once he cuts inside to his preferred foot, from the wrong angle.I think we have missed Pilkington this season.  Comfortably two footed, puts in decent crosses, and gets well placed for chances so he actually scores goals. Even if he can be a bit erratic form-wise.

drurys testamonials V 15 wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 8:41 PM:

In that case what did the previous coach do with him during training? Always said I blamed Calderwood for many of our problems. You say Redmond hasn''t learnt to cross. Well he should have been taught by Calderwood then

--------------------------------------

I love how everyone hates Calderwood, despite not seeing anything from him, nobody here knows who he really is.

I think Walcott or Oxlade Chamberlain or Lennon are good examples. Its taken them a long time to get that final ball with their pace (I still don''t think oxlade is there yet). Are you saying Wenger and Harry (whilst at spurs) are as bad as Calderwood?

The kids 19 (maybe 20 now?) so his final ball will get better with experience. Surely this is foolish to debate?

Simply hasn''t improved all season - which is worrying from both the point of view of him as an individual and our coaching of him.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]drurys testamonials V 15 wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 8:41 PM: In that case what did the previous coach do with him during training? Always said I blamed Calderwood for many of our problems. You say Redmond hasn''t learnt to cross. Well he should have been taught by Calderwood then -------------------------------------- I love how everyone hates Calderwood, despite not seeing anything from him, nobody here knows who he really is. I think Walcott or Oxlade Chamberlain or Lennon are good examples. Its taken them a long time to get that final ball with their pace (I still don''t think oxlade is there yet). Are you saying Wenger and Harry (whilst at spurs) are as bad as Calderwood? The kids 19 (maybe 20 now?) so his final ball will get better with experience. Surely this is foolish to debate?[/quote]

Redmond is 20.

Culverhouse coached us under Lambert and is attributed with our successes. Calderwood coached under Hughton so by the same token must be attributed to our failures.