Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

I hope ruddy gets the move he deserves

He is blameless in our demise and his talents mean he deserves a premiership team. Maybe Everton would want him back? As much as he says he owes us, he doesn''t deserve to go to the championship.

I certainly don''t think Ruddy has been in the same form he was pre-Everton last season, but can''t really be blamed too much for the creaky defence ahead of him. Perhaps training with strikers who are in pisspoor form doesn''t help?!

I have thought all season that Ruddy will be gone, with Rudd our no1 next season.

I''m less sure how any others will get PL moves if/when we go down. Fer has been disappointing but is well thought of, Snod is definitely good enough, but not many of the others will find too many PL sides bashing their doors down.

agreed.. I will be sad to see Ruddy go but will wish him all the best.. he deserves better than Norwich city and his England chances are dead here.

Ruddy will want to move somewhere where he is basically guaranteed to play first team football. He found his experience at Everton of sitting on the bench and being perennially farmed out on loan very depressing. I think I am right in saying he considered packing in the game as a result. If it was just about the money he would currently be sitting on the bench at Stamford Bridge.

However, it does leave him with a real problem. How many top flight sides next year will be actively trying to sign a goalkeeper in the summer? I would suggest not that many. The only potential avenues I can see for him are Stoke (if Begovic is sold) and possibly Leicester (if Schmichael leaves when his contract expires).

It would be a massive boost if we retained him. I don''t think he has quite hit the levels he achieved in the previous season and I am concerned that injury sustained at Everton may hamper his kicking throughout his career. But he would unquestionably still be one of the outstanding goalkeepers in that division and would continue to provide desperately needed stability in the dressing room.

iron_stan wrote the following post at 26/04/2014 7:09 PM:

he wont play in the championship

neither will fer, hooper, howson, and possibly redmond and snodgrass

Barring Ruddy and Snodgrass the Chapionship is the others level, they have proved throughout this season that they are not good enough for this level

[quote user="im spartacus"]he''s good but he does seem to get beat from long range a lot[/quote]

^^^^^^^ this!!!!!^^^^^^^

Also can''t kick and is very slow. I wouldn''t take him to Brazil

Chelsea, Liverpool & Man C rumoured to be in for a new no.2.

Lloris could be on his way, wouldnt be suprised to see Southampton & West Ham looking for a new number 1.

What must he be thinking watching Mark schwarzer line up in this title decider knowing that could have been him but instead he''s staring the football league in the face with the poorest, most timid Norwich side to have ever graced the top flight in front of him.

He deserves a better team of players and staff to work with. Let''s face it. He''s too good for the Championship.

Declan Rudd should be given the No. 1 gloves next season.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He deserves a better team of players and staff to work with. Let''s face it. He''s too good for the Championship.

Declan Rudd should be given the No. 1 gloves next season.[/quote]How very noble of you.Still odd...

I think that if we want him to stay he will. Too good to be a number 2 now plus all his family are in and around Cambridge. As much as i''d love him to stay, him along with Snoddy, i couldnt begrudge them moves.

You hope we lose one of best players, because we don''t deserve him? I got crucified for suggesting there is such a thing as "little norwich" syndrome on here a while back. Perhaps we should just give our better players weekly contracts just in case a bigger club , like Crystal Palace , come in for them ? It would be unfair to stand in their way? Maybe we could provide transport too?

Not wanting to state the obvious but If we don''t need to sell and he doesn''t want to go, his comments suggested this and he doesn''t want to be a bench warmer based on his experience in his earlier career, then he''ll probably still be here.

If a big offer does come in from a Prem club guaranteeing the No1 jersey then I can''t see why anyone would begrudge him the move but he didn''t have to come out and say the words he said the other day.

John Ruddy: "Everything I value in life is down to Norwich. So I am very passionate about this club and unless someone tells me something different, then I will be at Norwich for the next four years."

I hope he stays true to those words, a fully fit Ruddy in the Championship would be a big big boost to our chances of promotion.

didn''t he have an article the other day saying he wants to stay regardless of the league we are in? Saying something along the lines of he owes where he is to Norwich. Other than who would need him most Prem teams have solid keepers.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]didn''t he have an article the other day saying he wants to stay regardless of the league we are in? Saying something along the lines of he owes where he is to Norwich. Other than who would need him most Prem teams have solid keepers.[/quote]

If a prem team come in with a decent offer, and a payrise JR will be gone. But he does deserve huge credit for saying what he said. An absolute top bloke in my eyes.

Given that we have Bunn and Rudd, isn''t the money we''d get for him worth more to us? We will need to buy quite a few players.

We''ll have parachute payments. What we need is quality. As it stands, we have the best starting 11 in the championship. Its all about who we get in and who we can keep, as well as add