Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Do not have high expectations for next season.

Building a new team able to hold their own in the championship  takes time of course and preventing another drop is not so easy.My view is that we lack the expertise, connections and reputation to bounce back .

The vast, vast majority of clubs that go down do not come straight back up again; look at Bolton, Blackpool, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham etc etc

FFS, we ain''t even down yet and you''re already forecasting doom for next season.

When (i SHOULD say if, but come on) we go down. I think it depends on who we keep. With this squad we should be able to get promoted again

Do not have high expectations for next season.

I do. I will repeat my positive thoughts:

1. No debt

2.  Decent squad even though we might lose a few.

3. Fantastic support.

4. Best crop of youngsters the Club has ever had (IMO.)

5. Parachute money (aligned with apparent relegation clauses in the contracts.)

Rather all this than be £80m+ in debt.

All is not lost.

FFS listen to yourselves! Like a load of old women.

Assuming we do go down the club is in a vastly different position to when we were in league one and if we appoint the right manager we have the basis of a good enough squad for a promotion challenge.

Now please get a grip on reality and go and read the dictionary definition of the word ''supporter''.

No, I don''t. It is becoming clear that our squad is not good enough for the Premiership, and that we have wasted a lot of money on players not up to that level. Whether they are good enough to mount a good challenge in the lower division, I also have doubts.

We have a rather slow defence who are unable to close down opponents running at them. Only Olsson is quick enough, and I wonder if he will be prised away from us.

We have ineffective strikers at our current level, and I wonder how good they would be in the Championship.

The midfield ought to be our strength, and if they all stay should provide satisfactory performance in the Championship, but I wonder if we hall lose Fer, Howson and Snoddy. The remainder do not excite, although Josh is a great prospect and Redmond and Bennett could still come good.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Agreed, I don''t think our current crop have the attitude and character to get back to the premier league.[/quote]I was utterly shocked this morning when viewing the Sunderland-Cardiff clash.Hell, their work-rate, skills, attitude and fighting spirit put everything into perspective with respect to our teams laissez-faire performances.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Question-

How much do we get in parachute payments?[/quote]As I understand it it''s £59m over four years :Year 1 - £23mYear 2 - £18mYear 3 - £9mYear 4 - £9mSeems a bit unfair to teams not getting it but gives those that do a great chance of getting promoted again pretty quickly.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 2014-04-27 7:10 PM:

Yeah, that Mike Walker bloke was rubbish wasn''t he ?

Second time round, yes. Goes to show there is no room for sentimentality in football!

Mid table for us in the Championship at best.

At least we''ve cleared the debts so we can gradually rebuild but there will be plenty of teams next year who have been building for years and are used to scoring and winning games. We will find it extremely tough going.

A mid table/play off push will be a good season next year.

QPR and Wigan have had extremely good seasons and emulating that is something to aim for.

I''d love to think we will be pushing to win the league but that seems an unlikely scenario, next year needs to be about re-building a side and arresting any further slide.

It may be that we won''t bounce straight back, but all the relegated sides from last season currently occupy/are likely to occupy play-off spaces, which would be a hell of a lot more interesting/exciting than much of the last couple of seasons.

I certainly don''t see why we should struggle as some seem to think - most sides quoted that have done are/were in a financial mess, something that we aren''t/won''t be in.

As to the manager, Malky is widely touted as being in line for the job, with a great pedigree at that level, yet some of the negativity the idea was met with was quite astonishing.

YES, I have high expectations if we do go down and until that is mathmatically possible then and only then will I accept it........but, of course we should all have high expectations.....WHY?..because we are in a much better position than ANY of those clubs listed who have failed to do it and WILL be one of the favourites to do it and rightly so..........

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Question-

How much do we get in parachute payments?[/quote]The way things are going our parachute will probably fail to open