Sign in to follow this  
Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Aston Villa relegated

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]In an extremely uncharacteristic display of superstition, I just saw us beat Arsenal to relegate Aston Villa on the last day of the season.[/quote]To do that, assuming Villa lose their last two games, we''d have to pick up something at Chelsea OR beat arsenal 15-0. [:S]

Yes that would have been a good outcome but the best we can hope for is Fulham getting to 36 and taking Villa down with us .

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]There would be some consolation if we were playing Villa in the Championship next season.[/quote]But unfortunately it''s our bogey team going down with us.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]There would be some consolation if we were playing Villa in the Championship next season.[/quote]But unfortunately it''s our bogey team going down with us.[/quote]

They all seem to be bogey teams Ricardo...Fulham, Cardiff, Barnstoneworth United.

Be good if we got relegated with Sunderland...twice. At least we got something off them home and away.

Unlikely, but certainly not out of the question for Villa to be relegated........and they have little form right now and some problems behind the scenes......

To be honest I don''t think there will be any change in the current bottom 3 barring a switch in positions between us and Fulham...Sunderland safe on 36 minimum more like 38, Villa safe on what they have (35) maybe 36 or 38pts with one more draw or win.I predict the final relegation table will pan out like this:18. Fulham 3419. Norwich 3220. Cardiff 30

Probably clutching at straws here, but any chance that Sunderland or Villa or any team just above us will go into administration over the next week or so?

[quote user=" Badger"]Probably clutching at straws here, but any chance that Sunderland or Villa or any team just above us will go into administration over the next week or so?[/quote]Epic!

Villa are in real trouble. Home to Hull who are playing well, so they need something desperately there. The  away to Man C & then away to Spurs. I can''t see them winning or drawing either. Which means they could stay on 35.I can see Sunderland staying up now (away at Man U, but then home to WBA & then home to Swansea), and unless we get a miracle, we need 4 points to overtake Villa, which seems unlikely, especially after Chelsea''s win today. A win against Arsenal won''t be enough to overtake Villa.If Arsenal beat Newcastle, they''ve all but guaranteed 4th spot, so I can still see us getting a surprise win against them, even though I think we''ll be down by then.SO it''s really up to Fulham. Away at Stoke, then home to Palace. Neither easy games, but perhaps they could still send Villa down (if we can''t pull our socks up!)

35 points with their goal difference Villa are safe. Cardiff have gone now. Fulham will not beat Stoke (a) or Palace (h) maybe 32 points worse goal diff will be below City. Sunderland if they win either of last 2 home games will be safe on 35. If fail to win City will stay up if we beat Arsenal, need to give few kicks early on to remind them of FA Cup.