Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

A question

Isn''t this all part of the (was it 7 or 10) year plan?Didn''t it go something like get to the Prem, clear the debt, extend the ground but it also included 1 relegation. Did we abandon the plan because there were 90 million reasons to get promoted before schedule?Will we be reverting back to the plan?

What was more important was getting promoted to the Prem the season we did, they increased parachute payments from 3 years to 5 years after relegation.If we do go down, we will be in a very strong financial position indeed.I thought it was a 5 year plan btw.

[quote user="morty"]What was more important was getting promoted to the Prem the season we did, they increased parachute payments from 3 years to 5 years after relegation.If we do go down, we will be in a very strong financial position indeed.I thought it was a 5 year plan btw.[/quote]It was a seven-year plan, outlined in December 2010 when we had got back to the Championship. It envisaged three seasons in the second tier, with the third bringing promotion to the PL. We would get relegated straight back down and then promoted straight back up. We would, however, then stay up this time and thereafter stay up.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]What was more important was getting promoted to the Prem the season we did, they increased parachute payments from 3 years to 5 years after relegation.If we do go down, we will be in a very strong financial position indeed.I thought it was a 5 year plan btw.[/quote]It was a seven-year plan, outlined in December 2010 when we had got back to the Championship. It envisaged three seasons in the second tier, with the third bringing promotion to the PL. We would get relegated straight back down and then promoted straight back up. We would, however, then stay up this time and thereafter stay up.[/quote]If it was outlined in December 2010, then its now a 3 year 8 month plan.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]What was more important was getting promoted to the Prem the season we did, they increased parachute payments from 3 years to 5 years after relegation.If we do go down, we will be in a very strong financial position indeed.I thought it was a 5 year plan btw.[/quote]It was a seven-year plan, outlined in December 2010 when we had got back to the Championship. It envisaged three seasons in the second tier, with the third bringing promotion to the PL. We would get relegated straight back down and then promoted straight back up. We would, however, then stay up this time and thereafter stay up.[/quote]If it was outlined in December 2010, then its now a 3 year 8 month plan.[:)][/quote]Not in my Time Lord years, morty...

I believe this 7 year plan was outlined by Mr.McNally so I just wonder where his ''relegation would be worse than death'' statement sits in all this ?

Whether it is a 5 or 7 plan makes no difference when year 5 sees promotion to the premier league and thereafter permanent residence.

However when you have exceeded the plan by getting promoted early, not getting relegated immediately and surviving a third year then there can be no solace from a reversion to the original plan.

However if the OP meant will the new plan be to bounce straight back from relegation and then look for an extended stay in the Premiership then my answer is ..... I would bloody hope so!