Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Mourinho - can he do us a favour

Jose Mourinho speaking to Sky Sports: "Now we can say we won both matches against the champions. If it''s Liverpool, we won both. If it''s City, we won both.

"With these three points we need one point to finish third.

It was a good season for us and an evolution in many aspects of this

team.

"The champions will be City or Liverpool so we have nothing to celebrate.

Perhaps, just perhaps, this talk might do us a favour. He''s resigned to not winning. Give us a draw or win against Chelsea, and they they face Cardiff on the final day, so they can get their point there.

A draw or win against Chelsea and we''d have a fighting chance to get the points against Arsenal who also won''t have anything to play for. All we have to do is figure out how to score, and not concede. Easy, and we might stay up!!!! Such an optimist

I''m afraid Mr Mourinho is just playing his usual mind games with this statement. As long as it is mathematically possible for them to win the title - which it is - he will go all out. All we have to cling to is their tendency this season to follow up big wins against one of their title rivals with a silly defeat. But with the fact that it''s the worst away record in the league facing a team that has only ever lost once at home under Mourinho; I don''t fancy our chances!

Here''s hoping they have a grueling battle in the Champions League which a) goes the whole 120 minutes and b) sees them through to the final.

4 points wont keep us up now unless Sunderland lose one of their easy home games , the form they are in right now i cannot see that happening .In truth after getting the draw at the Ettihad and the win at Stamford Bridge Sunderland fully deserve to stay up , we have not put an ounce of effort in in our own fight against the drop , we wear yellow for a reason .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]4 points wont keep us up now unless Sunderland lose one of their easy home games , the form they are in right now i cannot see that happening .In truth after getting the draw at the Ettihad and the win at Stamford Bridge Sunderland fully deserve to stay up , we have not put an ounce of effort in in our own fight against the drop , we wear yellow for a reason .[/quote]Got to agree with this. Sunderland have delivered when the chips were down and half our team couldn''t be bothered. We need four points and even then unless Villa make a complete b*lls-up of their remaining fixtures we''ve had it and deservedly so.This season has been an accident waiting to happen right from that '' no-show '' at the KC Stadium way back in August.