Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

"You can't concede goals like that and expect to win football matches."

[quote]So shouldn''t he be doing something about it then?[/quote]

OK experts, what should he do?  It''s all very easy to criticise, but if it was that easy, every team would win the title!!!!

Let''s get some perspective shall we?  We are not Chelsea, or Arsenal etc.  We are Norwich. 

[quote]OK experts, what should he do? It''s all very easy to criticise, but if it was that easy, every team would win the title!!!! Let''s get some perspective shall we? We are not Chelsea, or Arsenal etc. ...[/quote]

Thanks for that wonderful insight Dicky, I was wondering why Worthy had not been John Terry but as apparently we are not Chelsea it''s all explained.

Let me make this clear I am not calling for Worthy''s head on a pike but I feel you need some perspective Dicky.  We may not be Chelsea but we are also not Cardiff.  We have one, if not the best squad in the league yet we are second bottom after 6 games.  Cardiff are above us and we have (as a reserve) their top scorer from last season. 

[quote]OK experts, what should he do? It''s all very easy to criticise, but if it was that easy, every team would win the title!!!! Let''s get some perspective shall we? We are not Chelsea, or Arsenal etc. ...[/quote]

Dicky

I have made my thoughts known on how I think NCFC should tighten up the defence (no signings needed, just good coaching of defensive basic organisation for worthys prefered 4 (not my prefered 4)), why I think more signings are needed in midfield (to make us competetive) and why Worthy needs to find a solution to accomodate Hux on a flack (my suggested solution is to play him up front with hux);  thisis not criticism but constructive analysis of a struggling team.   I am no expert but this is my view which I know is not share by everyone..

Like you I support the team until they leave the pitch and dont boo any players before, during or after a game.  The team have my full vocal support game in game out,  Worthy, I will bear with the club for always, that is not in doubt.

However I am not so blind to rely on a change in the wind to get results, or for a visit from lady luck or the assumption that me (and the rest of FCR) singing loud support for 90 mins will give us a competetive midfield or rock solid defence.  The team is performing badly, players and management.

What would you do to get this defence to perform so they look like they could keep a clean sheet this season, how would you accomodate hux without exposing the full back, what changes would you want to make the midfield dominate a game, what changes would you have made when it was clear Leon was having a bad time on Sat?   Or is blind faith all you have?

These questions have been asked of you before; never have you replied; you will garner greater respect if you can support your comments with some observations and a possible way forward rather than just insulting fellow committed supporters of this club.

OTBC

[quote]So shouldn''t he be doing something about it then?[/quote]

give him time........ hes only just found it out remember, and look how long its taking him! in a seasons time maybe.....

Now that''s a really worrying thought...another season to discover how to defend...and I thought Worthy was supposed to have been a reasonable defender in his days at Wednesday?

Whisper it softly but do the words "Manchester City" come to you in the long dark hours before dawn....?