Sign in to follow this  
unique

Unbelievable, Neil

Over the past umpteen months, whenever I''ve heard RVW''s name on the team sheet, my immediate thought has been ''little chance of winning the game, today''.

The guy has turned out to be a poisoned chalice, and once Hughton was removed, I didn''t expect to see him start another game this season.

Yesterday, he showed to a massive audience, what a complete and utter flop he has been, and the single biggest reason why Norwich find themselves where they are.

Of course he doesn''t carry the can single-handedly, but one goal from £8m goes a long way to explaining such a dismal season for NCFC.

Why oh why is NA still selecting him?

The reason Ricky is getting selected is because the reality is that nobody is any better. Hooper scored against Liverpool admittedly but he had an absolutely atrocious game in which he surrendered possession and all our attacks broke down around him.

Elmander and Becchio are also little better it would seem. The reality is that you could put all 4 in a hat at the moment and draw one of them out to play and it would make very little difference.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]True but I''d rather we had started with Becchio yesterday. At least the Man U centre backs would''ve known they had a striker playing against them.[/quote]Lol, brilliant[Y]

I would actually have started with 2 of Becchio, Elmander or Hooper, an maybe even RvW, but not, absolutely never RvW on his own.

He takes playing the solo role to an entire new level. He couldn''t possibly look any more isolated!

RVW is described as a striker on the Canary calendar! Can I claim being mis -sold under the trades description act?

Watched the game on Sky and RVW was definitely at fault for all four goals they scored, even the ones when he was on the bench. Shocking defensive display by him, had we played Hooper, Becchio or Elmander we would have drawn nil nil.

We play for 0-0 this game with 10 players behind ball and after 1-0 we still do same stay at back and attack with max 3-4 players.

If we have Zlatan az a striker in this game shuld play not little better!

If you play lone striker and whole team defend so deep this striker whatever who are always can make little or no impact on game like this.

At same time Ricky is not robot and scoring 1 goal all season broke you confidence without doubt.

Since Man Utd change caoch we all know have almost no chanse in this game so to blame Ricky is harsh.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Watched the game on Sky and RVW was definitely at fault for all four goals they scored, even the ones when he was on the bench. Shocking defensive display by him, had we played Hooper, Becchio or Elmander we would have drawn nil nil.

[/quote]Once he came off it was like he lost all interest and he even stopped tracking back, FFS.

I would have started Becchio too , how could he possibly have been any worse than Wolfswinkle ? who quite frankly would look out of his depth playing for a Sunday morning pub side . If we had played Becchio every game this season would he have bagged more than one goal ? of course he would but then some people on here thought Hughton was going to keep us up , some people just have not got a clue.

All if''s but''s & maybe''s..... but like most people I''m a genius with the benefit of hindsight !

Casting my mind back to late September whilst on holiday I recall doing thorough recognisance searching out the best beach bar to watch game against aston villa, having got myself an excellent spot out of the 30'' heat with no reflection on the screen I became suitably relaxed & refreshed, now I arrive at the point of my post, a few minutes into the game my delight was very audible when we were given a penalty, what followed in the next few seconds may or may not have been a defining moment in our season & RVW''s city career, as a proven penalty taker he confidently stepped forward keen to add to his goal tally, BUT was bullied out of his task by Snodgrass, the immediate result is now history, it may have cost us points & it certainly didn''t help RVW bed into the team. At that point in his norwich career IF he''d scored his second goal in city colours & against the new scum it would have given him instant hero status with the crowd & MAYBE just MAYBE given him the confidence he showed in front of goal that brokered his move in the first place

Cambridge Yellow wrote the following post at 27/04/2014 8:36 AM:

The reason Ricky is getting selected is because the reality is that nobody is any better. Hooper scored against Liverpool admittedly but he had an absolutely atrocious game in which he surrendered possession and all our attacks broke down around him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Its not true though is it, Hoopers scored 8 goals this season, RVW has scored 1. I know who I would''ve picked. And everybody except the managers at this club this season know who they wouldn''t.

Hooper has scored 6 Premier League goals this season. The goal against Liverpool was his first goal since December. So he is not exactly bang in form is he? In that game against Liverpool nobody can honestly say he had a good game despite him scoring.

When you play up front by yourself you have to make the ball stick to allow your team to play the game in the opposition half. He didn''t do that - in fact everything broke down when it went anywhere near him.

I stand by what I have said. None of our strikers are in any sort of form whatsoever. As a result I am totally apathetic about which one of them starts and none of them can really complain if they play or not.

We shall never know what might have been if things had taken off at the beginning of the season.

I would only say two things, that strikers are probably more subject to loss of confidence than any other position in the team, and when they have lost confidence it is difficult to get it back. Both strikers came with excellent records, and we have seen RvW banging them in against some of the best teams in Europe. The other thing is that it was clear over the first 15 games that the team and tactics were not set up to provide the kind of service that Hooper and RvW needed. What might have been was the memory I have of Fer twice playing defence-splitting through balls for Hooper to run to and score.

Why is NA stills electing him? Is there anyone else? Elmander was never going to score many, and Becchio lacks Prem experience, and probably doesn''t impress in training. In short, there is no-one else!

Yesterday was a gutless Hughtonesque perfomance. We deserve to go down after that. Players obviously not up for a bit of hard work and some of them wanting us to go down so they can secure a move away.Woefull yesterday.Before someone says 6 pts from the binners to look forwards to, I reckon they will be taking the 6 the way we look!

The thing is, even though Hooper has scored "only 6 EPL goals this season", has RVW done the same, and he has had at least as many chances, then we would probably be well clear of the relegation zone now................and I am not blaming RVW on everything BUT, its a basic observation and an indication of just how dire he has been, and I was convinced at the start of the season he would be notching a dozen goals or so for us.   

Very easy to critise any of the forwards but the bottom line is the lack of creativity and support from all areas of the team. Its all become a bit one dimensional and predictable since Hughton took over and seems to be carried on by NA.

It;s clear that we were being held back by one man''s negativity. It poisoned the club so much that even the coach of the youth team was contaminated.

We''ve finally taken the handbrake off but it looks like we were parked at the top of a very steep hill.

Or maybe the last bloke was doing as well as could be expected?

Can''t be that, must be that Neil has been poisoned by Hapless too...;-)

["Boris"]We play for 0-0 this game with 10 players behind ball and after 1-0 we still do same stay at back and attack with max 3-4 players.

If we have Zlatan az a striker in this game shuld play not little better!

If you play lone striker and whole team defend so deep this striker whatever who are always can make little or no impact on game like this.

At same time Ricky is not robot and scoring 1 goal all season broke you confidence without doubt.

Since Man Utd change caoch we all know have almost no chanse in this game so to blame Ricky is harsh.

Agree but RVW still didn''t do enough and frankly looks mentally shot to bits and shouldn''t in my opinion be considered for selection and certainly shouldn''t be starting ahead of Hooper!

Elmander was a poor signing but at least he had a go yesterday!

Yes getting rid of Hughton was a waste of time really , despite Adams claims of throwing youth in if needed he has changed very little in the way of team selection, the continuation of alternating the strikers each week is baffling ,both are shot to pieces and Wolfswinkle should not be getting a place on the bench even .

["Cambridge Yellow"]The reason Ricky is getting selected is because the reality is that nobody is any better. Hooper scored against Liverpool admittedly but he had an absolutely atrocious game in which he surrendered possession and all our attacks broke down around him.

Elmander and Becchio are also little better it would seem. The reality is that you could put all 4 in a hat at the moment and draw one of them out to play and it would make very little difference.

Hoopers done more than RVW this season even in his current lean spell so should start ahead of him!

Yes Hooper wasn''t very good against Liverpool apart from scoring but that''s the point of a goal poacher, if their s hit during the game but still score then alls not lost. Earnshaw done bugg erall apart from score and older fans from the 70''s will remember Macdougall scoring goals then spending the rest of the time with his hands on his hips watching the game!

I still maintain RVW''s a good player albeit in mainland Europe where most Leagues aren''t as good as the Premiership and where he''ll be able to show his best qualities which isn''t going to happen with Norwich cause we don''t attack the oppositions penalty box well enough!

I suspect he''ll be going back to Holland next season on loan where he''ll start scoring again!

[="CanaryOne"]Yes getting rid of Hughton was a waste of time really , despite Adams claims of throwing youth in if needed he has changed very little in the way of team selection, the continuation of alternating the strikers each week is baffling ,both are shot to pieces and Wolfswinkle should not be getting a place on the bench even .

Your completely right there mate!

Adams disappointed me yesterday cause hes doing the same things that Hughton done.

RVW is shot to bits, shouldn''t be in the squad and certainlt shouldn''t be picked ahead of Hooper whos had the better season!

Another annoying fault which we''ve seen all season has been playing Snoddy and Redmond on the wrong flanks. I thought Adams being an ex winger would of swapped them arounf straight away but hasn''t. Redmond looked devastating on the right wing but playing him on the left slows him up cause hes on his weaker foot. Snoddy although recentlt has been out best player would be more effective down the left like he used to do for Leeds!

Oh and whats happened to Ryan Bennett?

I''d rather have him at CB then Russell Martin, cause hes stronger in the air defensively and attacking the oppositions goal. Likewise Martin is stronger at RB than Whittiker!

Getting rid of Hughton after the scenes at the West Brom game was a virtual no brainer (despite the outcry from National media pundits who''ve hardly watched Norwich much this season and certainly haven''t paid for the pleasure!) but Adams hasn''t changed much at all!