Sign in to follow this  
unique

MOTD

Anybody have the stomach to watch it?

How grim was it?

How good was Shelvey''s goal?

Yeah i watched it last night with the Mrs. Having both gone to the game she was shocked with the first half highlights, not even a clip of the disallowed goal (i had guessed pre-MOTD we wouldn''t see our goal, didn''t fit in with their pre-written script!) - would have been nice to see as at the game it was very difficult to see why the ref blew.

Hansen made a quick mention we played well for the first 40 minutes but that was about it.

yeah no mention of our ''goal''. Surely more worthy of discussion than the penalty (which they did discuss) but glossed over, not mentioned in the bbc match report either. Makes you start being a conspiracy theorist. I watched the game and have no idea why it was disallowed.

Yes, Shelvey''s goal was a great one. Swansea look way ahead of us, and they have goal scorers, which makes all the difference. They haven''t got a great manager, they have Gary Monk who was playing for them earlier in the season.

I didn''t watch much of our game - on first, of course, because Giggs was in charge of his first game - as I had already sat through it 5 hours earlier and was embarrassed first time round.

Have to say cusps and lasses - our ''goal'' was rightly disallowed, if the push in the back by RVW had been more subtle, he just might have got away with it. Right call for me.

The penalty - it was, without doubt. It was the grab of the arm by Whittaker that gave it away! Right call for me, and the pundits were right.

No arguments from me, and to be honest, we deserved what we got - nothing - we were in essence very poor. It''s ok being solid for 40 minutes, but if you cannot create, and cannot defend, you do not win matches, and we didn''t do either!

The accustics for TV coverage are very much in favour of MU. From the away section you can hear very little from the home fans, the ground sounded like a library and Norwich fans were singing/supporting loudly throughout yet on the MOTD coverage you could hear nothing of the Norwich support, just the MU fans. Everything set up to make their fans/stadium appear "to rock" to be the best. Just so much bias.

Fairly early at 0-0. Snodgrass goes on the outside, crosses with his right, Wolf nudges the defender (Vidic?), whistle goes, header goes back across goal, keeper drops it and Howson knocks it in.

Not a lot in the foul, but it was a foul. There are probably countless examples of more significant fouling going unpunished though.