Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Scouting Thoughts...

For much of the first-half the Norwich performance was measured seemingly wasting as much time as they possibly could either with or without the ball. Norwich seemingly content to sit back and play at a slow tempo.Some of the Man Utd players looked like they didn''t fancy pushing themselves to the limit or going into any 50/50 challenges. However, there was also a lack of urgency shown by Norwich central-midfielders to close down the opposition or to win the ball back. The central-midfield trio of Howson, Fer and Johnson only won 2 tackles. This didn''t look like a midfield battling for Premier League survival.Redmond had one of his worst performances. RvW was isolated and only completed 3 passes.My view is that Norwich should play Tettey in front of the back 4, Snodgrass in support of Hooper.If we have to hit long high balls into the box then get Becchio on and go 2 up front and put Redmond on the right so that we can break quicker. In his final 1.5 seasons at Leeds prior to joining Norwich, Becchio scored against Chelsea, Palace, Hull, Southampton, West Ham, Cardiff.Some people seem to have forgotten that earlier in the season Norwich

managed to stop Man City from scoring. There is still a chance of

Norwich staying up and I''d be saying to the players that there are now

opportunities for them to become heroes.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]
Some of the Man Utd players looked like they didn''t fancy pushing themselves to the limit or going into any 50/50 challenges.

[/quote]

I said this in the match thread and elsewhere on saturday.. Man United were there to be kicked up in the air, pulled about and bullied... it would have been a far different game had we of done so.