Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

So....im not loyal now!!

So i decided to leave on 87 minutes last night. I have never left early before. I have never booed anyone wearing our shirt,

never got on worthy''s back and never barracked another fan for leaving early!

So when i left last nite i can say with some disguist that our supposed "best fans in the world" decide to start hounding me and my mates with choruses of "loyal supporters!" Unbelievable.........

I was fuming when i left after spending over £60 on a day out when i could of just stayed at home and here i was been abused by absolute prats.

Im so p****d off about it,infact it hurts!!

Throughout the game i consistently hear positive comments regarding our scapegoat Fleming, people calling Worthington all the names under the sun-now thats really backing our boys when they need us most!!

We have 2 succesful yrs,our stadium fills up and people call themselves die hards....now where were they when we were crap!!??

Thing that made me laugh is when the whistle went i heard a chorus of boos and im sure it wasnt from the Stoke fans......now.......which one is worse.

I agree with you, by the sounds of it you are a loyal and fantastic supporter, dont let idiotic supporters get to you, as you said three or four years ago half of them were nowhere to be seen.

The same thing happened to me i am a season ticket holder, and i go to the matches with my 11 year old son, and i have never left early before, but on this occasion, my son was very unwell, so we decided to leave 2/3 minutes prior to the game finishing, to avoid all the hustle upon leaving, as we were walking down the steps, a boy of about 18 or 19 said to me, loyal supporter then? i wanted to knock his head off, i turned round and told him to ---- off, but what really niggled me was the fact that he was a casual supporter who must have bought a ticket via the buy back scheme, so who then was the loyal supporter???

Well, I''ll be honest. I wouldn''t have left. But frankly I can understand why you did. We were crap. No pulled punches, we were awful.

People seem to think just because we have this reputation we should put up with mediocre performances and pathetic excuses. If you want to show your displeasure, then walking out''s the best way to do it.

Have to admit I was right in the midst of those "young supporters" at the back of that stand last night who gave you that abuse! The same youngsters that indeed nearly started a brawl with fellow supporters as we left the ground! I''m not going to defend them but they are basicly kids and don''t know what supporting a club is about. Earlier that day one of them told me when he''s about 20 he''s not gonna go for the football anymore but for the rucks (and he''s brining a knife too!) Well why bother coming now then pal?
Seem these people have a warped sense of what supporting a club is about - So you left on 87mins so what?
Just because they''ve seen "Football Factory" doesn''t make them better supporters than anyone else, and because they a have "ideals" about what loyal support is that differ from others is no excuse to lauch abuse at fellow supporters!
The fact you traveled at sat through most of what was a diabolical perfomance suggests you are a true fan and should be proud of yourself.

I can relate to what you are saying i have been going to as many games as i can over the last 25 years .not easy when you live 180 miles from the ground all i can say is where were all these idiots 5 years ago.

The team have to play football for ninety minutes if they want the fans to watch them for ninety minutes if you have paid for a ticket or season ticket then surely you can come and go as you please we are all loyal supporters we must be! watching the football we have been playing of late is not easy? the saying goes" if you can''t stand the heat get out of the kitchen" or stick with it through the good & bad not just the good .

the fact that you travelled to stoke to watch that game and put up with the fairweather numptys

makes you a saint i think

all the best

[quote]Sorry mate but you were the one that left early - face the consequences.[/quote]

Have to agree - imagine you are a player, struggling with what we are at the moment and you see streams of people leaving.  Does that really help? 

I have a lovely trip back to Brighton after every home game, but I have never left early yet.  I just feel that we need to do all we can to help at the moment - part of being a supporter.

[quote]Have to agree - imagine you are a player, struggling with what we are at the moment and you see streams of people leaving. Does that really help? I have a lovely trip back to Brighton after every ...[/quote]

I cannot believe i''m reading this. This guy travelled all the way to Stoke, to watch the same old shower of sh*t we are being served up under this management, and is getting berated by his own fellow supporters? We are all supporters of the club, I have supported this club for 12 years and rarely go to games, am I a supporter? You bet I am and I won''t be told any different.

Sorry to move OT but I wish some of the people on here (no names) would lose this "I''m superior to the rest of you because I go to games" attitude. It''s pathetic.

[quote]Have to agree - imagine you are a player, struggling with what we are at the moment and you see streams of people leaving. Does that really help? I have a lovely trip back to Brighton after every ...[/quote]

Ok I am imagining I''m one of the players, I am watching streams of people leaving............. Oh no while I was watching mass droves of fans leaving I forgot to mark the opposing centre forward and he''s scored, oops.

[quote]I cannot believe i''m reading this. This guy travelled all the way to Stoke, to watch the same old shower of sh*t we are being served up under this management, and is getting berated by his own fellow ...[/quote]

Sorry to move OT but I wish some of the people on here (no names) would lose this "I''m superior to the rest of you because I go to games" attitude. It''s pathetic.

Well said alex;  none of the posters on here can have their credentials as fans questioned, but the attitude of some is difficult to swallow.

OTBC

[quote]Ok I am imagining I''m one of the players, I am watching streams of people leaving............. Oh no while I was watching mass droves of fans leaving I forgot to mark the opposing centre forward and h...[/quote]

Wouldn''t make a great proffesional then would you? Make sure you don''t sign this guy nige, he''s got a concentration problem!

[quote]Wouldn''t make a great proffesional then would you? Make sure you don''t sign this guy nige, he''s got a concentration problem![/quote]

You have to wonder if I am already playing for City?

[quote]You have to wonder if I am already playing for City?[/quote]

LOL!

cards on the table first...in 25 yrs of watching city I have left early twice... when we were 4-1 down at Watford a couple of years ago...and once because my wife had gone into labour...I get annoyed regularly at the bloke who sits 3 down from me who leaves early every game, be it 1-1 , 1-0 up, but the risk he takes with that is exemplfied by the fact he missed our comeback against Middlesbrough...his choice his risk

...anyone who pays money to watch any form of entertainment be it sport, theatre, cinema (ive also walked out on 2 films, does that make me disloyal to hollywood?)...has the right to vote with their feet if the quality is below what they have a right to expect for their money...equally in a democracy like ours they have a right not to be abused...

...I''m sick to death of the chavvy kids who claim to be ''loyal'' supporters like those that turned up at MK dons...goaded their own supporters throughout for not singing enough and then booed on the final whistle...

...and as for lots of people walking out affecting a professional sportsmans confidence....ahh diddums...we were already 3-1 down at Stoke...confidence what confidence.

[quote]I cannot believe i''m reading this. This guy travelled all the way to Stoke, to watch the same old shower of sh*t we are being served up under this management, and is getting berated by his own fellow ...[/quote]

Well you better start believing it then Alex.  I have never and will never condone the leaving of a match before the final whistle.  I''m a Norwich fan through and through - to the bitter end and I will never leave ANY match early.  If you want me to congratulate or console someone who has left the match early, then you will be waiting a very long time my friend.

Time to stop sitting on that incredibly high horse of your''s -before the distance between yourself and the rest of us loyal supporters becomes too large to bridge.

He''s left the match early - clearing showing a lack of loyalty -and taken a verbal volley for it - BIG DEAL!

Me being another person that made the trip to Stoke and yes I was another that left early and heard the chants of ''loyal supporters'' as I left the ground on 86 minutes.

Disgusted isnt the word, I was fuming.  I pay good hard earned money to watch Norwich over the country having supported them since 1980 (long before some of these ''SUPPORTERS'' were even born.  I leave when I want to because the spectacle that I had paid to watch was dire.

It was only the third time I have left early once being Liverpool away last season when we lost 3-0 and the other being Wimbledon at home when we were 4-0 down at half time.

Who do these people think they are questioning my loyalty after spending thousands of pounds watching Norwich over the years.

There was one good thing to come out of it though I was back in Norwich by 12.30 and in bed by 12.45 beacuse unlike many of the kids there last night chanting ''LOYAL SUPPORTERS'' I had work in the morning

Of course you are a loyal fan...there is no doubt,  not sure where some people get there ideas from and I will name names .. Yella fella and Dicky. Do you guys really believe you are superior to everyone else?...you clearly do, just because you choose to say does not make it right, a fan as paid his money like anyone else and can choose to leave when he feels like it...it is a free world and his or her right as a free thinking human being, you should respect that decision whether you agree with it or not.

Behave like you want say what you want but I have no time for people with your single minded, superior, crude, unintelligent attitudes and it seems that most people who have contributed to this post are with me

you''ll aways get a stupid few.

probably the same supporters that booed francis at the inter game and chanted his name when he nearly scored!!!!!!!!!!!!

so a loyal supporter is staying to watch while your team
of rich footballers goes through the motions and clapping
them when frankly they were a mess.

I get annoyed by supporters who leave when it''s one-nil or
something, but when your three one down and being embarassing
then why the hell should you stay to clap those idiots off.

if that''s being a loyal supporter and not a mug,then
you can keep it. sometimes you confuse being long with a mug.

"He''s left the match early - clearing showing a lack of loyalty"

I cannot believe some of the content in this thread.

How on earth does leaving a match early show a lack of loyalty?

Have you never left work early; left a party early; left a film or a play early. left a christening early; left a wedding early; left a funeral early;left a meal early, left the pub early, left your mates early; left your girlfriend, boyfriend, partner, wife, husband, son, daughter, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, grandchildren, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, cousin or even the au-pair, early? And when you did, where you being disloyal?

FFS, let''s get real people

In my opinion someone who has travelled to Stoke in midweek has to be a very committed supporter who is loyal to the cause, and to get stick when leaving early is, showing our fans to be very small minded. The best supporters in the world are not really enhancing their reputations. I have a season ticket, and I never leave early, but I would never belittle someone for leaving early. Its there choice, big deal, and more often than not there usually is a valid reason. Yella fella, please look at the bigger picture, those comments are pointless. We are in this together, supporting the team, not having a go because someone leaves early. People grow up and get a grip. I loved the comment of Well I left a film early, does that mean I am disloyal to Hollywood. I never finished my mars bar, am I disloyal to Nestle.

People who make these comments to people who choose to leave early really do need to get a grip. Fair play to everybody who made the trip to Stoke, but lets not get on people''s backs for deciding to leave early.

If we are going to improve I feel alot will be down to the support, it needs to be louder, and the booing really is pathetic. Booing your team is not going to help. Getting behind your team when a goal or two down will have more affect. We are all entitled to our opinions and the best discussion place is the Pub, or of course your local pink un message board.

These kids were sitting next to me when they started singing '' loyal supporters'' and where were you when we were s**t???.  They were about 15 and I doubt that they were travelling away to the likes of stoke mid week when they were 10.  Hopefully when school starts again, we wont see or hear much from these anymore.  I left early - now that im disloyal i''d better take my season ticket back and buy a Chelsea shirt.  Also the players should be apoligising to me leaving early not the other way round.  Did we ever look like scoring after Huckerby was sent off?? Nope

[quote]cards on the table first...in 25 yrs of watching city I have left early twice... when we were 4-1 down at Watford a couple of years ago...and once because my wife had gone into labour...I get annoyed ...[/quote]

Spot on! They were a pain in the neck throughout.

Three pints of lager each, and no idea what was going on on the pitch at all.  What kind of fans are they?