Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The players are quiet

What would you like them to say Jimmy?Shall we just cut to the chase, and have them flogged in public?

Shake the squad up. Elliott B to replace Redmond. Yobo to replace Martin who goes to RB. Tettey to replace Fer. Two up front Elmander and Hooper,

Having seen Chelsea do Liverpool earlier....we should go 6-3-1...I am serious, well sort of...you can score if you park the bus.

[quote user="pete"]Shake the squad up. Elliott B to replace Redmond. Yobo to replace Martin who goes to RB. Tettey to replace Fer. Two up front Elmander and Hooper,[/quote]

How is that shaking it up? We''ve done that to death and it hasn''t worked yet. And all we''ve seen from the new coaches is a repeat of the old coaches complete with ipad. IMO we have to try something different up front and we have to get hold of the ball. The defence look poor but any defence would look poor if they never got a break from the opposition attacking. I guess if we can''t try anything different then we may as well not tweak what was probably our most succesful formation. Making the sacking of Hughton trhe waste of time it probably was.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass Fer Redmond

Hooper

I am so fed up with RVW and Hooper taking it in turns to be innefective. Howabout we actually try something different like : -

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Turner Olsson

Bennett Fer Tettey Snodgrass

Elmander Murphy 

I thought Elmander looked pretty good when he came on.He looked like he cared.

Against Chelsea we should go 2-3-2-3 with two fullbacks, three half-backs and pull two forwards just in front of midfield..

Agree with that view on Elmander. Worked hard and looked like he cared.

[quote user="morty"]I thought Elmander looked pretty good when he came on. He looked like he cared.[/quote]Elmander is a good pro Morty and not nearly as bad as some would make out.

[quote user="Shyster"]Against Chelsea we should go 2-3-2-3 with two fullbacks, three half-backs and pull two forwards just in front of midfield..[/quote]I suppose you''d like to see us appoint Herbert Chapman as our next manager too?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I thought Elmander looked pretty good when he came on. He looked like he cared.[/quote]Elmander is a good pro Morty and not nearly as bad as some would make out.[/quote]He has got a very good touch and an ability to read the game and bring others into play that always makes him look a class above our other strikers.However who we play up front is currently irrelevant. There is no combination that can be made out of Becchio/Elmander/Hooper/Wolfswinkel that looks good and gets goals at this level. They''re all very poor. Though I would be interested to see if we have a higher goals for ratio when Elmander starts games as he was involved in the 3-1 win over the Hammers earlier in the year.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Time to give up on this season and give our championship strikers a go. Loza and Becchio next games.[/quote]Lol, just no.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Sorry, we are hopeless and we''ll be forfeiting our wages as we haven''t been good enough.[/quote]Do you offer to forfeit your wages if you don''t put a decent shift in at work?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d get sacked. Some of our players should be.[/quote]Lol, ok[Y]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]I like to think the players are working on the presumption of ''actions speak louder than words'' [/quote]

That would be refreshing.

I am well and truly jarred off with the weekly soundbites from the players..."we''re going to do this"..."we need to do that" and then deliver the opposite on the pitch.

I say ban the social media and press conferences - they are unecessary distractions, don''t help our cause in any way and in hindsight after our on-pitch batterings are embarrassing and meaningless.

Canary Call is all we need...but only if we''ve won...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Sorry, we are hopeless and we''ll be forfeiting our wages as we haven''t been good enough.[/quote]Can you direct us to a precedent for this, Jimmy? Do you expect the players from the other teams that go down to do likewise? I guess it''s happened plenty in previous seasons too, for you to feel as entitled to an explanation as you clearly do.