Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

None of us want to go down but...

If we do then hopefully lessons will be learnt. We''ll be going down with a much improved balance sheet than what we''ve probably ever had. If players want to go then let them, very few have showered themselves in glory this year, so if someone isn''t commited to the Norwich cause then show them the door. I for one want to see Malky come in. I think he has the passion for the club, coupled with a pretty good management CV. If that is who they want, get it sorted as soon as the season is finished, then he''ll know who''s going out and what he needs to bring in. The more of the summer he had the better chance we''d have of hitting the ground running. Relegated clubs often struggle in their first season down, but I still believe that first season is your best chance to bounce back.

There are a lot of plusses to enjoy even if/when we get demoted. The healthy finances being one, the continuous full houses being another, the fact that we should retain the nucleus of a decent team (at Championship level) is another but, finally, the fact that we have the best crop of youngsters for many a year is a nourishing thought.

It is for this last reason that I am inclined to want Adams kept at the helm or thereabouts. They are his boys after all.

However, I am not as anti the idea of Malky Mackay being boss as some on here. He seems to prematurely have been tarred with the same brush as Hughton and yes Cardiff were defensive but I equate this with CH''s first season as if you do not have the quality you have to defend what you have. Memories are short but even PL was not all out gung ho for every game and he did have some park the bus moments.

I am inclined to think that a duo of Mackay and Adams would be a nice fit for Norwich City whatever the division. Both have the right credentials with regards to NCFC and both have good cvs in different ways.

Lets pay off those we cannot sell which will be most of them. That''ll take care of the parachute payment. Soon to kybosh the balance sheet. Malky not likely to have sorted his pay off from his £3m a year contract with Cardiff so he won''t be City manager.

I take the opposite view Pete. I think we should aim to keep as much of the squad intact as we can. The first season gives us the best chance to yo-yo and this team might well romp the Championship. The few Premier League scalps we took this season can realistically be continued as more than a few Championship scalps.

Starting afresh is a bit of a kness-jerk reaction IMO. As I said, I favour the opposite.