Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Double Dutched

I had great hopes for our Dutch Duo at the start of the season given their glowing reputations & their football upbringing in Holland, possible World Cup places etc.Sadly it hasn''t really worked out for either of them and I have my doubts if either of them will be staying here much longer (or going to Brazil)Ricky Van Wolfswinkle - until recently I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but his last couple of performances have been non existent. Nevermind about not scoring goals, as if that wasn''t bad enough, on Saturday he did virtually nothing. The 2 old crocks at the centre of the Man U defence have probably never had an easier game and they could have hardly known he was on the pitch. Didn''t challenge for anything, didn''t get in anyone''s faces, didn''t win anything, didn''t chase the defenders down until the ball was gone, didn''t hold the ball up or lay it off, didn''t make any runs. The only thing he seems to have mastered is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.In all honesty if he''s too lightweight for the PL then he stands no chance against some of the cloggers in the Championship.Leroy Fer - thought he might be a decent sort at the start but game by game he''s gone down hill. Pace is not his greatest asset  and I can''t make up my mind whether he''s deceptive, lethargic, lazy or just too damned slow. Gets caught in possession far too often, ambles up & down the pitch like he''s got all day, especially when one of our attacks breaks down. Fails to close down quickly enough and often seems totally oblivious to what''s happening around him. He can be useful in attack but if he''s up there & we lose the ball then we''re invariably left short at the backI think the jury is still out on him but really he needs to buck his ideas up & be a lot lot sharper but he doesn''t really give me the impression that he''s that bothered.

Things sometimes make sense in the long run, during one of the friendlies there were 2 dutch lads sat behind us with some mates, to old for UEA probably businessmen or something. Anyway, one of the dutch lads shouted something in Dutch ending in Leroy.His mate asked him what he said and his response "Do something Leroy" and then said, Fer is so lazy.Think the Dutch lad was obviously right.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Fer reminds me a lot of Etuhu. The odd cracking game mixed with lots ofamblingaroundto no apparent purpose.[/quote]
He reminds me of a hybrid of Damien Francis and Etuhu. 

We never even got the ball forward vs man utd so how exactly is rvw supposed to do anything with something he doesnt have

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]We never even got the ball forward vs man utd so how exactly is rvw supposed to do anything with something he doesnt have[/quote]If you read my post again, I think you''ll find that I didn''t complain about him actually not doing anything with the ball.It''s what he didn''t do without it, or the lack of effort trying to get it, that was the problem

I think Fer is quite a good player but there does appear to be a lack of application from him sometimes. I don''t think he could honestly say he''s given it his very best at all times. You get a few clever touches in a game but sometimes he looks like he''s only got 1 gear.

As others have said about him, he is a bit slow and I think you need to play Howson alongside him for his speed around the pitch and the energy he brings. Instead we''re going with Johnson who is slow as well and is poor with the ball. Not enough spark in the middle of the park has really cost us recently. I very much hope NA has realised that.

Not sure we''ll see Fer here next season but he''s hardly stood out amongst the rest to make you think he''ll be that much in demand.

As for RVW... just a total disappointment really. I guess I hoped he''d be better because of the seeming "coup" nature of the signing. I haven''t been surprised by Hooper because I''ve seen enough of him before to know he''s generally a bit sh*t up against top quality defenders. Earlier in the season I thought there was a bit of hope for RVW as he looked reasonably lively and his header against Everton was of the "deadly" type. It''s just been horrifically downhill since then and you''d have to wonder if there is a side out there who would want and could afford to take him from us.

How can someone look so good on youtube, yet so cr*p on the pitch?

Yes youtube can be deceiving, but it cant invent moments that didnt happen. I would like to see a youtube compilation of these two in a Norwich shirt, to see if its possible to make them look good with only their highlights. Imagine how bad you could make them look as well  [:O]