Sign in to follow this  
Indy_Bones

Shackell

Been named in the Championship team of the year after an excellent season for Burnley.Always liked the lad and thought he was a lot better than given credit for (mainly from having to playing alongside dross like Doherty) and it''s nice to see a former youngster make his way back to the top.Be interesting if Derby come up as well, as that will put Chrissy Martin into the prem with him at the same time!

We shouldnt have let shackell go, he didnt want to go either ( he didnt know he was until the day before) , a certain rodent forced him out to pay sitonuraskis wages

One of the many poor decisions from Reoder.

Shacks was never a poor player here, never should have gone unless a ''bigger'' team came in with a too tempting to refuse offer. The fact the manager that let him go on deadline day was sacked only four months later makes him leaving even worse.

Someone really should have put a leash on Roeder, barley made any permanent signings (Hoolahan? Think he signed him, anyone else who actually did anything here?) let a couple of very good players go for no real reason. If any manager I''ve ever seen picks a team on personal feeling rather than form/ability it was him.

Remembering back all those people going on now like this is the worst time ever, come on. Roeder was 10x worse especially after Hucks left because at least with him and Dion in the team we had a bright spark and leader on the pitch to take over somewhat. What we have now is quite disappointing, but i''d take it any day over Roeder and his reign. Especially considering the financial position the club is now in.

Roeder was as ghastly as they get. Our worst ever managerial appointment. Perhaps CH comes second though as he seems to have left the Club in a right old mess. I don''t count Gunny because he never really claimed to be managerial material and was on a hiding to nothing.

We''ve been quite lucky with managers over the years though with gems like Saunders and Bond on our cv. Those following Bond were very successful until we arrived at Hamilton, if my memory serves me. Worthy was not a disaster but I was happy to get rid even though Hughton''s approach made Worthy seem a very adventurous manager.

Bond was my favourite. He single-handily raised the Club''s profile on the strength of his personality. He even appeared on Desert Island Discs once where he revealed a liking for Blondie and her music. Proper character and larger than life.

I wonder what the Hoots would chose as his records on a desert island. Some thing negative and uninspiring no doubt. Chopin''s Funeral March springs to mind immediately.