Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

Dons points deduction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27192069Didn`t Sunderland just get a fine ?If we go down can we sue Prem league ?

[quote user="bloodwagon"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27192069Didn`t Sunderland just get a fine ?If we go down can we sue Prem league ?[/quote]I suspect the answer is that the Premier league and the football league are separate organisations.But I take your point.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I was thinking just the other day that a points deduction might be our salvation, I was thinking about Palace - but even if they got deducted 10 points it still wouldnt be enough![/quote] What do they do, i must have missed it, or been out of the country

Lets be honest ourselves, Cardiff and Fulham need to start kicking up a fuss, im damn sure if it was us the knives would be out, rules are rules and im pretty sure it should be a points deduction !!!!

I must agree Tim, Ok it was the Football league, but rules are rules. The rule must go with both leagues. Need to find another team who played in prem, who had points deduction, who played an ineligible player, and what outcome befell them

[quote user="bloodwagon"]I must agree Tim, Ok it was the Football league, but rules are rules. The rule must go with both leagues. Need to find another team who played in prem, who had points deduction, who played an ineligible player, and what outcome befell them[/quote]Wasn''t there something like this over Carlos Tevez?

I think the punishment was lenient in Sunderland''s case because Dong was already their player, he had been out on loan and there was an issue with some paperwork that was done on his return.

Sunderland also brought their error to the attention of the Premier League themselves. Plus he''s crap and I think they only took 1 point from the 4 or 5 games he played before they realised their mistake so I''m not sure you can really compare it to the Tevez affair.

It would be pretty harsh to potentially relegate them because of a genuine error made by someone in their administrative department and I certainly wouldn''t want to stay up that way. They deserve to stay up, we don''t.

[quote user="scrappy33"]Tevez was all about a second owner i believe, Sheff utd did sue and got £30m.[/quote]Yeah I read up on it after I posted about it, as I couldn''t quite remember what it was about.