Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Manager shortlist

Branston - "Yet again on this thread we have the ''Malky would be another Gunn'' garbage. This is based on absolutely no evidence - Malky has a pedigree in management that has actually seen him win the Champs title, which is precisely the kind of thing we need! Even without the obvious links to the club, he would be a very decent candidate and we could do a hell of a lot worse. "

Absolutely spot on Branston. It seems to be fashionable to dismiss Malky''s and talk and him as a ''defensive manager'' and ''no different from Hughton'' simply because he brought Cardiff to CR to grind out a drawer.

Anyone who''s followed his career will know that his teams play good, attacking football, that he knows the Championship inside out and has a cup final and a promotion under his belt. Not bad for just 5 years in management.

Being in the championship is a game changer as to who we have as manager. We need an experienced and successful championship manager and Malky ticks all the boxes and also comes without a compensation package

Mí leftfield option would be Paolo Sousa. He gained managerial experience in England at QPR, Swansea (finished 7th with them in 2011) and Leicester, and in the past two seasons had very successful runs in the EL with minor clubs from Hungary and Israel, both punching well above their weight.

There is a manager that took a team that were relegated from the Premiership straight back up the next season. They romped the league with a record points tally, if only I could remember his name, it was Chris ......something ........ just kidding [;)]Nigel Cloughs record managing Derby was awful, 18th, 14th, 19th, 12th and 10th, they were also in 14th spot this season when he left.

I think it will almost certainly be Mackay, i dont think its a bad choice, just not a particularly adventurous one.

Karl Robinson would still be my left field option but I think he would need time to get a team playing successfully in his model.

I think whoever is put in charge is going to struggle to do that without some supporter goodwill - hence why it''ll probably be Mackay.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]Did Malky have an assistant with any attacking background by any chance?[/quote]The two assistants he has tended to carry round with him are David Kerslake, who was a full-back, but from memory quite a skilful, attacking player, and Joe McBride, who was a forward.

My shortlist would be

Rosler

Adkins (We a bigger and richer club than both Reading and Wigan, they''d come!)

Mackay

Hoddle

Lennon wouldn''t come if we''re in the Championship and what the hell has he achieved in management anyway!?