Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Manager shortlist

Interesting article.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-one-four-men-3464404?

Eurgh.
Lennon, Malky... really?
There must be better out there who''d be willing to take us on.
Absolutely underwhelming options, would rather give Adams a shot and see what he can do than either of those two.

[quote user="kick it off"]Eurgh.
Lennon, Malky... really?
Absolutely underwhelming options, would rather give Adams a shot and see what he can do than either of those two.
[/quote]We saw yesterday what Adams could do , no fight whatsoever in a must win game , the players may as well been waving little white flags all game .

[quote user="kick it off"]Eurgh.

Lennon, Malky... really?

[/quote]

Yep, I know what you mean. It doesn''t fill me with much enthusiasm if we go down.

Malky could be ok. He has Championship experience and wouldn''t be a terrible appointment, plus the fans would give him a bit of leeway.

But I do hope we push the boat out a bit further.

we need a younger manager who is going to stay build a team get the playing style back into our club a poor mans brenden Rodgers is what we need  !

For me, if Lennon is willing to come to us as a championship club he would be first choice.

The important thing is that he would have a point to prove I.e. He can manage an English club and secure promotion.

Malky just feels like heart ruling head and the last thing we need at this moment is any sense of sensitivity.

I just don''t understand the Lennon association. He may go on to be an excellent manager for all I know, but I just don''t understand why we''d consider a manager who''s got no management experience outside of a league where there''s only one competitive team. Even Strachan was successful in the SPL.

If we go down it is not the time to gamble on people who have no experience of getting out of the Championship. Malky or Warnock would be my choices we''d be safe bets to challenge in the top 6

Experience has very little to do with it , Lambert had never managed at Championship or Premiership level but did a pretty good job , you need a personality and Lennon gives the impression of being a winner and a very sore loser thats the sort of man you want .

I think relegation means it will be between Malky and Lennon. We will need someone who wont allow players to take the easy life as often happens when Premier League clubs get relegated.It also needs to be someone who shows the club is serious about getting back in the PL and i think that''s where Lennon has the upper hand.

What evidence is there, what facts to support the idea that Adams should be given a chance with such long term responsibility? To me, it would be playing with fire, and is much more of a gamble than even someone like bloody Neil Warnock. We have to go with someone with at least some experience of senior management, otherwise we could be tumbling back to league one before you know it.

If he weren''t a popular ex city player, and say for instance he just used to play in league one for Luton, Brentford, Grimsby town etc but he happened to be our youth coach who won the fa youth cup last season, would we still be considering him?

Warnock likes the club, made it clear he wanted the job on more than one occasion. May not be everyones cup of tea but he knows his way around the championship. Who else is there other than Malky available who has won the Champ? Di Matteo went up with West Brom but would he want to come after what he has achieved?

PS I am in no way saying we should hire Warnock!

If we''re relegated I would get another young manager in the Lambert mould who gets his teams to play without fear. It has to be someone with some sort of track record, Adams is just too unproven for a club in our perilous position - be it either needing a squad rebuild to keep us up for a 4th season, or to get us back up at the first attempt.

From what I hear Malky isn''t likely to be too high up the list of targets as things stand.

Cumbria - what do you base that on? Why Lennon over Malky? Why is Malky the sentimental choice?

For me, he''s the outstanding candidate in the market we''ll be shopping in, because of his track record. The fact he''s ex-City is secondary IMO.

I''d take Lennon anyday - we need a gobby geezer to motivate and shake up the cosy costa del Norwich lifestyle. Doubt he''ll come though not now we''re going down.