Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Go for a draw or a win at the bridge?

Well our hopes are more or less dead for survival. It''s clear that we are more reliant on Sunderland than we are of ourselves for any hope of survival but should we draw at the bridge then it will definately go to the last day right?

Whilst it seems inpossible that we''ll beat Chelsea, perhaps we can beat Mourinho at his own game and lump for a 4-6-0 formation. Invite Chelsea on to bombard us and just defend from the off, 2 busses parked in front of the goal.

That point would have great significance over Sunderland in that we''d go back above them provided they don''t win their game before ours against Man U. It also prevents Cardiff from realistically going above us before their own impossible game against Chelsea. Should Fulham then not win, we''d be back into 17th and anxiously hoping Sunderland screw up their last games.

That one point could prove vital and perhaps a more realistic aim.

[quote user="Wiz"]Always go for the win Jimmy.[/quote]

What about a Mourinho style ''go for the draw'' though. Dig in and frustrate and then try nick it on the break when Chelsea get impatient.

If we ''go for it'' though, aren''t we just making it easy for Chelseas array of talent to simply waltz through us and destroy?

Once next saturday is done, I guess we''ll have a better idea how useful a draw would be, but if we could end next weekend in 17th then there might just be hope.

I''m not saying go 2 up front and play the diamond, that would be idiocy, but we have to show some kind of intent or they''ll just pin us in our half like United did at the weekend, and that''ll only end one way.

Oh, the irony....

Let''s keep it tight defensively and set-up with a negative formation intent on stopping the opposition..

What happened to "play to our strengths", "stop worrying about the opposition and concentrate on what we do", "bloody Hughton always plays for a 0-0", "take the handbrake off"....

Sack him, then advocate playing just like him. Good effort. [:D]

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]

Oh, the irony....

Let''s keep it tight defensively and set-up with a negative formation intent on stopping the opposition..

What happened to "play to our strengths", "stop worrying about the opposition and concentrate on what we do", "bloody Hughton always plays for a 0-0", "take the handbrake off"....

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]

Oh, the irony....

[/quote]Because we had such a great away record under Hughton didnt we...

It''s one thing doing the defensive set up versus Chelsea away when a point is potentially immeasurably better than none, it''s completely another doing it at home to the likes of West Brom and Cardiff.

Its simple learn from the "Special one"........as Chelsea did vs Liverpool, we go 6-3-1 or 5-4-1, park the bus as they say, frustrate them for as long as possible, and maybe, just maybe we stop them scoring and get a spawant winner or, at least keep them within in reach to get a spawny equaliser. This approach right now is certainly much less risk and a higher chance of getting something than going for them and leaving ourselves open for a guaranteed good tonking against a side we will not out score. Then....IF we do get something the time to be more offensive is the home game vs Arsenal....but even then somewhat cautious........this has nothing to do with the way CH specifically played, its the way many clubs, even Chelsea would play under similar circumstances.    

a new word for you...."spawant"......I must check spelling......spawny it should say, my use of the english language is almost legendary...not!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s one thing doing the defensive set up versus Chelsea away when a point is potentially immeasurably better than none, it''s completely another doing it at home to the likes of West Brom and Cardiff.[/quote]And you know for an actual fact that Hughton set up those teams to just take a point?No, didn''t think so...

Well from where I saw them games it looked like he did. When did he really take a game by the scruff of the neck? There''s probably only the Sunderland home game we convincingly won.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well from where I saw them games it looked like he did. When did he really take a game by the scruff of the neck? There''s probably only the Sunderland home game we convincingly won.[/quote]We haven''t convincingly really beaten anyone this season.Like I have said all along, we cut our cloth accordingly based on the quality and availability of players.

Wow, there are some very negative users on this forum.

Seriously, what do we have to lose? We are in the bottom 3 so we may as well go and have a real go!

Some of you really don''t care if we are relegated with whimper rather than relegated with at least trying to win!

[quote user="lharman7"]Wow, there are some very negative users on this forum.

Seriously, what do we have to lose? We are in the bottom 3 so we may as well go and have a real go!

Some of you really don''t care if we are relegated with whimper rather than relegated with at least trying to win![/quote]Or maybe actually use your head instead?A point away at Chelsea and 3 points at home to Arsenal could well be enough."Going for it" at Chelsea and coming away with nothing could relegate us. And its not negativity, its common sense based on who we are playing, and our away record this season.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Wow, there are some very negative users on this forum.

Some of you really don''t care if we are relegated with whimper rather than relegated with at least trying to win![/quote]Or maybe actually use your head instead?A point away at Chelsea and 3 points at home to Arsenal could well be enough."Going for it" at Chelsea and coming away with nothing could relegate us. And its not negativity, its common sense based on who we are playing, and our away record this season.[/quote]

Yeah because it''s really worked for us all season! Good thinking!

Insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

With your great tactics, do you honestly think we could get a draw?

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Wow, there are some very negative users on this forum.

Some of you really don''t care if we are relegated with whimper rather than relegated with at least trying to win![/quote]Or maybe actually use your head instead?A point away at Chelsea and 3 points at home to Arsenal could well be enough."Going for it" at Chelsea and coming away with nothing could relegate us. And its not negativity, its common sense based on who we are playing, and our away record this season.[/quote]

Insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

With your great tactics, do you honestly think we could get a draw?[/quote]Would you bet your house on us getting a win away at Chelsea?But we have a new manager now, it''ll all be fine....

It''s abundantly clear that we don''t currently have the team who are capable of winning away at Chelsea. Whichever way you look at it, it just won''t happen. If we get 3 points I will, without fail run naked around the market square whooping with delight.

As much as I hate to say it our only hope will be to play for the point and then pray for some miracle that the shower of shit that turned up to Old Trafford on yesterday are transformed into the team they are on paper.

If we still have a chance of survival on the last day of the season, anything can happen, it really is a mental day. Key to that will be getting at least a point off Chelsea most probably.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Wow, there are some very negative users on this forum.

Albert Einstein

With your great tactics, do you honestly think we could get a draw?[/quote]Would you bet your house on us getting a win away at Chelsea?But we have a new manager now, it''ll all be fine....[/quote]

Your response to my question is to counter question me? Nice!

I''m not a betting man but I do like to take risks every now and then.

I don''t like the negative and defeatists approach!

Relegated with a whimper is just pathetic and hard for me to swallow!

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Wow, there are some very negative users on this forum.

Albert Einstein

With your great tactics, do you honestly think we could get a draw?[/quote]Would you bet your house on us getting a win away at Chelsea?But we have a new manager now, it''ll all be fine....[/quote]

Your response to my question is to counter question me? Nice!

I''m not a betting man but I do like to take risks every now and then.

I don''t like the negative and defeatists approach!

Relegated with a whimper is just pathetic and hard for me to swallow![/quote]Okaaaaaay, pretend its your 80 million quid, would you rather take a pragmatic approach that is actually more likely to succeed, or go balls out and risk losing everything?You''re just going to have to deal with relegation, if you have been a Norwich City supporter for any length of time you should be used to it.

I would love to go to the bridge thinking that we have a chance of getting 3 points but on our performances it just does not seem likely but coming away with a point from the bridge with a point actually is a good result for many teams, the bridge is not an easy place to go to and our record in the capital isnt great i would go with a formation that was like this:

Ruddy

Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Olsson

Martin                                                                                 

Johnson, Fer, Tettey, Snoddy

Elmander                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

[quote user="lharman7"]Insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.[/quote]That''s hilarious coming from someone who''s quote function doesn''t work but keeps using it nevertheless.

[quote user="Wiz"]Always go for the win Jimmy.[/quote]

this! any team that doesn''t set out to try and win EVERY game it plays shouldn''t play football anymore.

you may not always get the 3 points but you should certainly set your stall out to try and do so.