Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Two wins keeps us up.

Lets not beat about the bush, we need two wins to stay up.  Sunderland will probably get at least four points from their last three matches and Villa at least three points from their last three matches, so we will need wins because of our goal difference.   I won''t believe we''re down until it happens - and if by any chance a win against Arsenal could keep us up, depending on other results of course - then that is what we I think we will do.  But we will have to beat Chelsea too.............

Believe it we are as good as down result at Chelsea more likely with your icon Hughton in charge or maybe not.

To LDC, true but unlikely if our performance at OT is anything to go by. Not sure what happened to the team that played in the scond half against Liverpool but Neil Adams needs to find them quickly. To be honest if we play as we did at OT then we might as well have kept Hughton untill the end of the season, the massive gamble by the board looks to have back fired and they should be held to account for the poor decision making in not getting rid of Hughton earlier....

Four may still be enough. It''s still not over, not the time to be waving white flags, never give up!

Like the less than subtle self parody of the muppet by the way!

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]

To LDC, true but unlikely if our performance at OT is anything to go by. Not sure what happened to the team that played in the scond half against Liverpool but Neil Adams needs to find them quickly. To be honest if we play as we did at OT then we might as well have kept Hughton untill the end of the season, the massive gamble by the board looks to have back fired and they should be held to account for the poor decision making in not getting rid of Hughton earlier....

[/quote]

Maybe. Or maybe held accountable for not sticking with him ''til the end. I got fed up with saying that sacking the manager isn''t a cure all. When the dust settles people may look back and say Hughton did well to get 32 points from 33 games with this squad. Yes they were his players but that doesn''t alter the fact we were stuck with them for the season. Sacking him for not having a competitive squad would have been something best left for the summer.

Given the quality of our squad, two wins borders on the impossible. In fact Chelsea and Arsenal could put out a reserve team, or even a ladies'' or youth team, to beat us.

[quote user="Salopian"]Given the quality of our squad, two wins borders on the impossible. In fact Chelsea and Arsenal could put out a reserve team, or even a ladies'' or youth team, to beat us.[/quote]

I thought it was Hughton that was the problem...?

Just take the brakes off....

Something has to change doesn''t it? We can''t just carry on being so terrible can we? The fans have accepted the drop, surely the pressure is off? So it''s a question of whether the players have any self desire to put up a performance.

Personally I couldn''t give a toss anymore. I just want this season to end. I''ve never felt so apathetic about Norwich City. This season has been monumental balls up.

Could have done with Chelsea not winning yesterday to stand any chance.

Dont get suicidle about going down its not life treatning if you have supported Norwich as long as myself there has been far more bad years than good and if we do go down come next good friday we can stuff the scum again

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]Dont get suicidle about going down its not life treatning if you have supported Norwich as long as myself there has been far more bad years than good and if we do go down come next good friday we can stuff the scum again[/quote]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Something has to change doesn''t it? We can''t just carry on being so terrible can we? The fans have accepted the drop, surely the pressure is off? So it''s a question of whether the players have any self desire to put up a performance.

Personally I couldn''t give a toss anymore. I just want this season to end. I''ve never felt so apathetic about Norwich City. This season has been monumental balls up.

Could have done with Chelsea not winning yesterday to stand any chance.[/quote]Stick with it long enough Lincoln and you will eventually get used to the roller coaster ride. Three years at the top of the cycle was pretty good. Lets just hope its not another 9 years at the bottom of the cycle.Look on the bright side, you could have been born an 1p5wich supporter.[:D]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Something has to change doesn''t it? We can''t just carry on being so terrible can we? The fans have accepted the drop, surely the pressure is off? So it''s a question of whether the players have any self desire to put up a performance.

Could have done with Chelsea not winning yesterday to stand any chance.[/quote]Stick with it long enough Lincoln and you will eventually get used to the roller coaster ride. Three years at the top of the cycle was pretty good. Lets just hope its not another 9 years at the bottom of the cycle.Look on the bright side, you could have been born an 1p5wich supporter.[:D][/quote]

It hurt watching us go down in 95 & 2005. Relegation to league 1 was a disaster, but there was a strong feeling at the time that it was what we needed to regroup - which thankfully happened. So although it was disappointing I felt relived to be starting again. Not only was Roeder gone (earlier) but we cleared a lot of deadwood.

This time is different. We have massively underachieved. There isn''t any deadwood as such, just players with confidence shot to bits. This squad can preform much better. That''s what firstly made angry as opposed to upset, which has led to apathy towards Norwich City. It''s the lack of fight and passion.

I bet Sunderland, Villa, Fulham and Cardiff would love us to put up the white flag and accept relegation is a certainty.Hopefully the players will go all out to win those two games.

They will fight I''m quite sure but Chelsea will be one ask too much. They are a brilliant team.

I agree with Lincoln that this relegation hurts more than the others. It was an absolute miracle getting to the Premiership and now we have thrown all that hard work away. You don''t mind getting relegated when you really aren''t good enough. That was the case when we went down to League 1. However, this relegation you felt was so, so avoidable.

This season has been one if those comical slow motion car crash moments, obvious to all except those in charge. Hughton stuck to his brief, he kept us out of the bottom 3 all season. He gets a pay off and walks away head held high. We live with the consequences either way. Mathematically, we are not yet relegated. Cling to some hope until the battle is lost. Stay up or being relegated there are board members who should be held to account for this season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]When the dust settles people may look back and say Hughton did well to get 32 points from 33 games with this squad. Yes they were his players but that doesn''t alter the fact we were stuck with them for the season. Sacking him for not having a competitive squad would have been something best left for the summer.

[/quote]Only an idiot will be saying Hughton did well. If our squad was not competitive, he should be sacked because he was the man who assembled this squad.

And what choice of players did he have? I don''t know - & neither do you. However, history - certainly since the PL - suggests that we find it difficult to attract high calibre players. Huckerby was a notable exception (& his reasons were notable & exceptional), Ashton was a gamble, a very shrewd one, but still a gamble, that paid off.

Just about everyone thought we had pulled off a terrific coup in signing an up-and-coming Dutch striker who looked to be on the edge of international recognition. Many thought (I must say I didn''t) that Hooper would be a decent striker at this level, & good backup/4-4-2 partner for RvW. We also looked like getting the creative MF needed to fully unlock our new, sophisticated striking line-up, together with a new, equally classy CB.

Well we all know how that panned out. About as bad as it could have. Would it have been completely different if Quag or Toivonen had pitched up? Should Hughton have bought Ricky on the assumption one of them would? Would it have changed his tactics if they had?

We all only know a fraction of what goes on in the PL, with players, agents, media, supporters, managers etc. etc. all interacting. But I am pretty sure of one thing: only a vanishingly small proportion of top quality players will be demanding

GET ME A CONTRACT AT NORWICH!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]When the dust settles people may look back and say Hughton did well to get 32 points from 33 games with this squad. Yes they were his players but that doesn''t alter the fact we were stuck with them for the season. Sacking him for not having a competitive squad would have been something best left for the summer.

[/quote]Only an idiot will be saying Hughton did well. If our squad was not competitive, he should be sacked because he was the man who assembled this squad.[/quote]

Only an idiot would think that the signing of players and squad assembly is that simplistic or that there is only the "manager" involved, but if the cap fits I suppose....

I dunno if anybody''s said this, but two wins wouldn''t keep us up. We could win both 3-0 and still be relegated.

[quote user="Nicko"]I dunno if anybody''s said this, but two wins wouldn''t keep us up. We could win both 3-0 and still be relegated.[/quote]

True.  My point was really that we have to win both games to stand any chance, I just put it a bit clumsily.   Even two wins may not be enough, but it takes it hopefully to the last game of the season - and then anything is still possible.