Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 37

Well good evening all and thanks for all your help and guidance with the selections you have offered. A total of 19 different selections have been offered and I can promise I have looked at each and every one of them.

anybody who has seen my selections on this thread will know I look for value and i have tried to balance this with the aim which is to add to Rays Funds.

I have also taken into account the time of the season and who is needing what to achieve their goals but not only this but also who they are playing ( I would love to have picked Burnley but I suspect that last weekend was their swan song and with 1p5wich needing points just feel this one was to dangerous to select but at 5/4 was a great selection. but here are OUR final six

My 4 "certainties!"

Fenerbahce

Ajax

Telford

Wigan

and the 2 "values"

Peterborough

York City

It''s been a pleasure to do the pick this week and with a little bit of luck our way we might just have a little extra in the kitty come Monday morning. if we could also gain a point or three from our trip to Old Trafford then that would be a great weekend

To all of you travelling to manchester over the weekend have a safe journey and watch out for the cameras.

Nutty, has Trent sent you his pick? He said last he was on holiday this week and would pm or facebook his pick for this week to you. With it being so close at the top I wouldn''t want to see him miss a week.

Yes he did before he left buddy. I should have put it up earlier.

Trent''s pick: -

"A trip to Russia where Zenit should beat Volga. Zenit are top, 9/3/1 at home. Volga are second bottom, 1/3/9 away.

The game earlier in the sesson finished 1-3 to Zenit.

Best of luck all."

Terrific final six Drinks. They look fantastic value to me and if we get that bit of luck we will have a very exciting weekend because the potential payout with Bill Hill is £140.70. Here are the details : -

Peterborough

10/11

3:00 Sat

Telford

2/11

Wigan

4/9

York

10/11

Ajax

8/13

1:30 Sun

Fenerbahce

2/5

5:00 Sun

So we have four games tomorrow afternoon then the Norwich game at teatime hopefully going into Sunday still alive for the two European games.

I''ve also placed Hissing Sid''s exciting selections for our game at Old Trafford. I''m loving these too. They''re on with Bet365 as follows : -

£1 Norwich to win 17/2 would return £9.50£1 Hooper anytime and 2-2 45/1 would return £46£1 HT Draw FT Draw 15/2 would return £8.50£1 Draw and both teams score 11/2 would return £6.50£1 Snodgrass to score anytime 11/2 would return £6.50

Have a good trip Ian and all you other supporters making your way to Old Trafford. To a man we all echo Statto''s wish for a City win and a PUPs win. Good luck everyone[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

"A trip to Russia where Zenit should beat Volga. Zenit are top, 9/3/1 at home. Volga are second bottom, 1/3/9 away. The game earlier in the sesson finished 1-3 to Zenit. Best of luck all."

[/quote]

Bugger, I''ve just re-read what I wrote above and wanted to clarify the reason why I asked about Trent''s pick as it possibly could be taken 1 of 2 ways.  The reason I asked was not because I thought by him missing a week, it may help him to keep his excellent record intact, besides which, Trent wouldn''t do that anyway.  The reason was because I didn''t want to see him miss a week, which could potentially mean that he could miss out on the PUPs title solely because he made 1 less pick.

Perhaps I didn''t need to explain it, but didn''t want to people to think I was being unsportsmanlike or anything like that.[:$][:)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

"A trip to Russia where Zenit should beat Volga. Zenit are top, 9/3/1 at home. Volga are second bottom, 1/3/9 away. The game earlier in the sesson finished 1-3 to Zenit. Best of luck all."

[/quote]

Bugger, I''ve just re-read what I wrote above and wanted to clarify the reason why I asked about Trent''s pick as it possibly could be taken 1 of 2 ways.  The reason I asked was not because I thought by him missing a week, it may help him to keep his excellent record intact, besides which, Trent wouldn''t do that anyway.  The reason was because I didn''t want to see him miss a week, which could potentially mean that he could miss out on the PUPs title solely because he made 1 less pick.

Perhaps I didn''t need to explain it, but didn''t want to people to think I was being unsportsmanlike or anything like that.[:$][:)]

[/quote]

I''m sure nobody thinks anything except that I should have posted it earlier. It was sent to me over a week ago. I also had Kathy''s pick while she''s off line which was Luton. And of course like Trent she wished us all the very best. I am grateful to you for the nudge[Y]

Unlucky Drinks. My pick again too! Gutted but a brave effort buddy. If we get 5/6 it will be a bonus for next week.

Sid''s got plenty of irons still in the fire so all is not lost[:)]

The rest of the results didn''t go as planned. Brilliant strategy from Drinks who got both his risky picks in. But as with the last few weeks our selections weren''t really good enough to give him a fighting chance. 36 of us had a go this week with 24 correct (67%). Between us we offered 19 selections of which 11 won (58%). We usually have to do better than that to get a win but there were too many upsets. with 3 weeks left I still think we can get another win. 

Our new found optimism with the Norwich bet was obviously misplaced. It''s been extremely difficult for supporters to find positive selections and I can only apologise to those who have been in the hot seat for away games. I thought Sid had a great chance when I placed the bets but it wasn''t meant to be.

The battle to win our PUPs league is still as close as before. Both ''broadslimk and Trent deserve to win. I wonder if they will be seperated before the season ends. Here''s the latest table showing those with at least 50% correct from at least half the available weeks : -

Norfolkbroadslim 36 37 97%
Trent Canary 36 37 97%
Scooby 35 37 95%
Hissing Sid 34 37 92%
Statto 33 36 92%
Mister Chops 10 11 91%
Twidio 22 25 88%
Cosmic Twin 32 37 86%
Hector 30 35 86%
Beauseant 29 34 85%
Swindon 29 34 85%
Til 1010 28 33 85%
Chelle 31 37 84%
Leedscanary 20 24 83%
Graham Humphrey 29 35 83%
CD Mullins 19 23 83%
GMF 28 34 82%
Herman 28 34 82%
Meth Canary 27 33 82%
Jellytot 22 27 81%
Kathy 30 37 81%
Inch High 29 36 81%
PurpleCanary  29 36 81%
gravycanaries 24 30 80%
Hughesy 20 25 80%
Javier''s Deaf Translator 18 23 78%
NWC 20 26 77%
Diesel Doris 28 37 76%
Yankee Canary 28 37 76%
1st Wazzock 18 24 75%
NCFCStar 17 23 74%
Warren Hill 14 19 74%
Mandie Moo 25 34 74%
jb 27 37 73%
Norfolkchance1 27 37 73%
I''m A Banana 26 36 72%
Vindo 22 31 71%
Mr Angry 26 37 70%
Snake-eyes 16 23 70%
Killie Canary 13 19 68%
nutty nigel 25 37 68%
gregt 22 33 67%
AJ 21 32 66%
Newcastle Uni Canary 18 30 60%
Ginger Pele 22 37 59%
Splutcho 14 24 58%
Blah Blah Blah 11 20 55%
Lappinitup 17 33 52%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat  17 33 52%

AJ....... if you''re about buddy could you make the final six selections on weekend the 10th May? I had Gravy down but haven''t had a response and you were next on the list. If you can it would be brilliant and I can then give Gravy a go at the start of next season.

Thanks NN.NBS - No worries, I read it in the spirit you intended. Can''t afford to miss a week as it doesn''t look like you are losing anytime soon!

Nigel - I would absolutely love to give it a go and get the chance to add my name to raid signature. Let''s hope I''m lucky!