Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Do we deserve to go down?

The league table is like Bucks Fizz''s camera, is what I reckon.  Nobody gets relegated by bad luck or accident.I reckon the more important questions we should be asking are:1. Who can we blame?2. Who was right about us being relegated ages ago?3. Who was wrong about us not being relegated ages ago, and are they sorry they had an opinion which was wrong in hindsight?4. Who is the biggest Norwich City fan?I literally bleed yellow and green so obviously the answer to 4 is "Bor", and that also rhymes, so kiss my swingers.

Worst team in the league by a distance , while the other sides at the bottom fight tooth and nail to stay up we amble around the pitch like its a charity match .Gutless and talentless and this same squad wouldnt finish top half in the Championship either.

If we go down then we''ll deserve it. Although a team like Stoke who are no better than us are on course for their best ever Prem season. The margins in the bottom half are tiny and basically any 3 teams from 10could have gone down this year, we''ll go down because our form has nose dived in the crucial period of the run in leading up to the Fulham game.

After 38 games the league table doesn''t lie.

We will deserve to go down because we (the Board) naively trusted a weak manager who''s luck ran out in January 2013 for far far far too long.

Yes! Never should have happened though because we totally bungled it. We weren''t one of the worst 3 teams but slowly & surely we managed to turn ourselves into one of them.

We are:bottom 3 for number of games won.bottom 3 for fewest games lostbottom 3 for goals scoredbottom 3 for most goals againstthe only teams not to have beaten us at least once are Stoke, Palace and Sunderland.Yes, although I hate to say it, I think we probably do deserve to go down.

I have solidly been of the view that we were contenders all season when we didn''t change the management. Easy to say in hindsight and my view has depressed me all year so I''m not scoring points. Just felt the whole atmosphere was wrong and exciting though the new players coming in seemed to be, it hasn''t panned out. Apart from maybe 5 performances we have been so poor as a team. The key for me has ben the speed of passing.....so slow and laboured. No last minute goals though that seem to characterise relegation teams ....just the slow terminal decline a load of posters have witnessed too. So Yes, we deserve it. I guess in a warped way deserving something at least is better than an undeserved relegation!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]After 38 games the league table doesn''t lie.

We will deserve to go down because we (the Board) naively trusted a weak manager who''s luck ran out in January 2013 for far far far too long.[/quote]You''re a board member?

Deserve? Don''t think that really comes into it. If we do, as seems probable, it''ll simply be that we got fewer points. Beyond that though, we clearly did not learn to transition away from our high tempo attack minded style of the Lambert era to a counterattack minded style of the Hughton era - or whatever it was he was trying to do.

So if we go down, that''s what we need to sort out first, how to get the passion back and do we go back to "the Norwich style" of passing and pressing, cause the Hughton style of sit back and counter attack works great if you are Chelsea but we were terrible at it and everyone was throughly bored stiff with it (right from Ajax friendly onwards)

The reason why we deserve to go down is solely down to not taking enough points off the six teams around us. It is as simple as that. Lambert knew that the season before CH came in. We beat Spurs 1-0 at home which was nowhere near as good to us as if we had beaten WBA at home. The teams around us should have been an absolute priority. Maybe if the players had been given a bonus for winning those games perhaps they would have done so. Some point to our inability to score goals as our failing, that''s not the case. Just look at Palace''s goals scored. Were we good enough to stay up?Yes we were. If we could take the points we did against the better sides in the league we quite clearly were good enough!

As much as it pains me to say it I think we are probably the 2nd worst team in the league - I do think we are slightly better than Cardiff despite not beating them this year but that is it. We can no complaints that we are going and in terms of entertainment lets be honest we have stunk the place out for nearly 2 years with the style of football we have served up.

As fans we are most definitely Premier League and don''t deserve relegation but we have been let down badly by players on the pitch and by management off the pitch. However, we only pay our money and have no say in what happens on the pitch or in the board room. Even when, in a poll, over 80% of fans said months ago that things needed to change we were put firmly back in our box and fed garbage like ''mid-table mediocrity'' which was laughable even then. So, no as fans we don''t deserve it but as a club we do because we are not good enough in the areas that count..

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Maybe if the players had been given a bonus for winning those games perhaps they would have done so. [/quote]Before we start dishing out bonuses for "special games" against relegation rivals, it would have been nice if some of them had actually earned the not insignificant wages they''re already getting. 

Of course we deserve to go down we have been absolutely woeful virtually all season - we have strikers that cant strike a match between them and a midfield and defence that just wilts under any form of pressure - players that we bought have let us down terribly irncluding Fer, Wolf and Hooper and most of the squad needs a complete overhaul if we have any dreams of coming straight back up (which we won''t).  We are now clinging on to the hope that we can beat two of the best teams in the country when we have not been able to string two games together against some of the worst.  We all know as soon as we go a goal down against Chelsea then that will be game over.  There is no fight in the players apart from Snoddy and it will not surprise me if we are already relegated by the timne we play Arsenaly.  I will of course have everything crossed hoping with everything that we can turn it around but in reality I know it won''t happen.

We do deserve to go down.

The alarm bells were ringing last season when our footballing prowess had completely changed under Hughton and the last two results flattered our season.

Once we got to November, it was clear that we would be in trouble all season. Hughton appointment was a mistake and the board should of acted. They could of backed a new manager in January, but this wasn''t to be. Sacking Hughton with five games to go was far too late.

The next appointment was be right, but I''m not expecting us to go straight back up as we are well short of what is required.

In short, Norwich have become the the PL club they initially sort out to avoid. I thought we would use the cream of the Championship, hungry players who wanted to achieve. Instead, we have the Fers and Bassongs of this world who are here for the cash and not the sort of players you want in a fight.

Remember QPR last year? They deserved to go down and so do we.

This whole "the last two results flattered our season" b*llocks really gets my goat.  You get what you get over a season, you can''t have it both ways else we should have kept Houghton because he had a reasonable record of getting points from top 6 teams and Adams should have stayed babysitting the kids.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]This whole "the last two results flattered our season" b*llocks really gets my goat.  You get what you get over a season, you can''t have it both ways else we should have kept Houghton because he had a reasonable record of getting points from top 6 teams.[/quote]With 3 away games to play (W2 D2 L13) including ManU Chelsea and Bogey team Fulham. I think we can safely assume 0 points for Hoot''s side.The 2 home games, Home to the league leaders and Arsenal... well, 3 points if we are lucky.  So I think we can safely assume Hughton would have relegated us, and I agree, appointing the youth boss was a mistake.As for last season, it is very easy to have a flattering season.  West Brom could win three in a row now and finish on 45 points have spent the previous 35 games hovering around the drop zone.  the finish would flatter their season and gloss over any problems at the club.  The same can be said of us last year as results went pear shaped post-christmas.In fact, the first half of this season yielded less points than the 2nd half of last season.

Norwich certainly haven''t reallh been cheated out of points to end up where we are.We haven''t run rings round clubs in the bottom half, made them look like under 11s side etc.The bottom line is, Norwich aren''t good enough. I get a feeling that too many players aren''t up to it and tactically, Hughton hadn''t known how to cancel out the opposition.

My feeling is that this group of players has never really been together as a squad and that several cliques have formed, which has effectively destroyed our spirit (which was our strongest card under Lambert).

On paper, this squad should survive easily if teams like Hull and Palace can (or indeed ourselves in the season when we came up). But there has been something wrong with the unit as a group and nothing was done to stop the rot.

Consequently we haven''t had the fight and the team falls apart as soon as we concede. So, yes, we deserve it.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]If we finish in the bottom 3 then we deserve to go down, if we don''t, then we don''t.[/quote]Spot on Miggo. All this collective navel gazing is superfluous. I''ll probably get squealed at for implying "told you so", but some of us have been predicting this fiasco since before Christmas.What is a more reasonable subject for debate is whether it could have been avoided, and my view is certainly that it could. Easily.