Sign in to follow this  
morty

Good news

We have sold out our allocation for Chelsea.Glad some of us are clinging onto a bit of hope[;)]And I just wanted to start a thread that didn''t contain the "R" word.

That should please Sky then , they are just waiting to film our supporters blubbing their eyes out as we drop down .

Yeah, but most of us have experienced it before. The road back starts at the final whistle.

The Old Trafford support was brilliant - looking forward to Chelsea. The bad times make the good so much sweeter!

Win lose or draw we''ll always support this great club. A lot of us have done it all before many times and just see it as part of the fun that is supporting Norwich City. I hope all those travelling to Chelsea have a good time and enjoy their day out. What the hell go there and have a party...

Be this the case then that''s really good news, I''d been thinking about returning the envelope looking rather forlorn on the hall table.

Think I ought to change my ringtone to ''Nearer, My God to Thee'' in anticipation, oh well, we will be back once again.

Don''t think that''s the point really?

Come what may we are Yellas, promoted, relegated and everything else in between but and here''s the crux of it for me. If indeed we have sold out there''s nowhere I''d rather be watching than with my fellow Yellas as we head back to the Chump.

Binners don''t do this, we do.

Ah yes, good choice, we could have ourselves a rather nice little service sheet ready for the game, entirely appropriate for the most Godless club on the face of the earth, them not us of course.

Eternal Father, Strong to Save

"Oh hear us when we cry to thee" etc etc and a properly good sinking tune

Any others?

Come, Holy Spirit, raise our songsTo reach the wonders of the day,When with Thy fiery cloven tonguesThou didst those glorious scenes display.O ’twas a most auspicious hour,Season of grace and sweet delight,When Thou didst come with mighty power,And light of truth divinely bright. Amen....lol

[quote user="Jenkins"]Just very occasionally David has been known to defeat Goliath.[/quote]True, but us being the victors in a second of two consecutive Chelsea home defeats after their run of 77 unbeaten is a bit of an ask for poor old David......

[quote user="morty"]We have sold out our allocation for Chelsea.

[/quote]They were sold out some days before last weekend''s games and the £25 half price offer would''ve helped.If the tickets had been £50 and with Chelsea still in with a shout at the title I think we''d have struggled to shift ''em..

With our Order of Service sheets at hand I''m sure the support will acquit itself with consummate aplomb, there''s no point hiding behind the sofa at times like this.

Of course the thing that amuses me the most is how a certain element of our own support seems to think we are doomed and never to return. Binners who think the same but mostly to cover their own enormous sense of inadequacy, clinging to their Pathe News reels about their own distant past.

Somehow getting relegated at Chelsea with ''all hands on deck'' doing what we do best, supporting our team with a massive two fingered salute to the following bunch of ----s :

Robbie Savage, Adrian Durham, Alan Shearer, Alan Hanson, Gary Lineker, Danny Mills, Alan Brazil and that utter, total and complete s---- bubble Adrian Durham once again.

We can and will bounce back, no debt, excellent crop of youngsters, some very decent Championship level players, now all that remains is for the Board to not, once again, ---- up the next managerial appointment.

Sat here writing this I''m sure I''m not alone in saying Durham is without doubt the ''used Andrex'' of football journalism and punditry, at least back in the Champ I might not have to endure his inane rumblings.

[quote user="lake district canary"]This Sunday is our Cup semi-final.   If we win it, it means we go through to the final against Arsenal.   If we lose the semi-final, the Arsenal game will be meaningless.  

[/quote]You going?

Lakey?Assuming you''re not, maybe I should start a threat asking why not. I mean your team needs you, and the tickets are cheap.....

[quote user="Jenkins"]Just very occasionally David has been known to defeat Goliath.[/quote]
Sadly we went and sacked the man whose occasionally shown we can beat Goliath.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]This Sunday is our Cup semi-final.   If we win it, it means we go through to the final against Arsenal.   If we lose the semi-final, the Arsenal game will be meaningless.   [/quote]You going?[/quote]No, I''m working, as I do quite a lot of weekends, depending on commitments and bookings.  Good to see its sold out - as I said, for me it is a huge game and if we can pull off a surprise victory, it should set up a great last day of the season - at least one where we have a chance  - oh, and I can''t go to that either.......

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]This Sunday is our Cup semi-final.   If we win it, it means we go through to the final against Arsenal.   If we lose the semi-final, the Arsenal game will be meaningless.   [/quote]You going?[/quote]No, I''m working, as I do quite a lot of weekends, depending on commitments and bookings.  Good to see its sold out - as I said, for me it is a huge game and if we can pull off a surprise victory, it should set up a great last day of the season - at least one where we have a chance  - oh, and I can''t go to that either.......

[/quote]So you don''t mind if I start a thread belittling you for your non attendance?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]This Sunday is our Cup semi-final.   If we win it, it means we go through to the final against Arsenal.   If we lose the semi-final, the Arsenal game will be meaningless.   [/quote]You going?[/quote]No, I''m working, as I do quite a lot of weekends, depending on commitments and bookings.  Good to see its sold out - as I said, for me it is a huge game and if we can pull off a surprise victory, it should set up a great last day of the season - at least one where we have a chance  - oh, and I can''t go to that either.......[/quote]So you don''t mind if I start a thread belittling you for your non attendance?[/quote]

Ahhh.   Well if you are referring to the Manure thread I started, that was mis-interpreted by people who see "lake district canary" in a thread title and jump to conclusions without reading it properly.   My point in that thread was to single out people who had given me a hard time for not going to more games, my intention was not to  have a go at all fans.    It was a sarcastic thread - but that would have been missed by those thinking I have it in for fans in general. The telling line in that op was -  "So for all the wonderful so called supporters that give me such a hard

time for not going to enough matches - if you haven''t got your ticket

yet, get off your backsides and do something about it. "  Most people conveniently missed that.  But be my guest, you write what you like........

[quote user="lake district canary"]This Sunday is our Cup semi-final....[/quote]If it really was I bet you''d have made sure you had a ticket. [;)]