Sign in to follow this  
Barnaby Bear

Will you boo the team on the "lap of honour"

Assuming the likely happens and we are relegated, what will your reaction to the "lap of honour" be? To clap like a lobotomised sealion, sit silently and ashen-faced or to vent your displeasure?

If the latter, will streams of invective be reserved for any particular players? Will you hurl abuse at Neeyull? If youth team players have been thrown in to the fray, will they receive the same treatment?

What if we are already down before kick off? Will tumbleweed blow through the whilst a squeaky door bangs in the wind or will the boos and abuse ring out loud and clear from the off?

Depends upon the performance on that day for me ...but as a point of principle, I never boo my own team. Don''t know who of our players deserves invective, & who deserves praise ..but for having the bottle to take it on, I''ll show some appreciation to Neil Adams for sure. Its a complicated situation, but for those that have performed or put a shift in, or want to stick around and try to put it right I''ll show a positive reaction ...glass half full kinda guy that I am. The now inevitable, but what was avoidable & wasteful after the miraculous efforts to get there, casts its own bleak shadow over our city. Need to move forward quickly with purpose, and not tear ourselves apart.

As someone has said elsewhere at sometime or other, it wasn''t Chris Hughton''s job to sack himself (-and take his colleagues livelihoods away) -most of us have seen this coming for months.So what now for a board that was iinstrumental in virtually saving the solvency of our club, but is wholly responsible for this relegation?

Lap of Honour?

Try the Walk of Shame, as stated above it really wasn''t Hootun''s job to sack himself, I''d suggest the members of the board who (possibly) voted to retain his services and those of his back room be brought out into the Centre Spot for a ritualistic humiliating.

Then there the Chief Executive, perhaps he will be true to his word, Harakiri it is in the Center Circle.

Kind of moronic given that we''ll want a good chunk of these players to do the business for us in a few months time.

[quote user="splutcho"]Kind of moronic given that we''ll want a good chunk of these players to do the business for us in a few months time.[/quote]

Quite. But they''ve been booed off at half time on occasions when we want the players to do the business in a few minutes time...!!

Well I certainly wont be applauding them on a lap of honour. As far as I am concerned this team have no honour!

Apart from Ruddy and Snoddy, our present squad are not fit to wear the shirt! I would rather we played our academy players who at least play with pride!

After much navel gazing I have decided that I will be booing the team. If we are relegated before kick off I feel it would be hypocritical to not boo them for the duration of the game. I will be reserving special vitriol for Ricky. According to Neeyull it''s unfair to single him out. It''s not the transfer fee, Sporting Alison are the beneficiaries from that, it''s his trousering of perhaps £1 million in wages I object to for so little return. If he had bust a gut every week chasing every lost cause ball fair enough, I have no problems with a trier and will always support an Andy Hughes type who''s useless, knows he''s useless but sweats blood for the cause. But to watch this no trick show pony stroll around has left me feeling perhaps he could have done a little more during his time with us.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I will be booing the booers! [:@]
[/quote]

Dare I ask what you will be doing to the pant wetters ?[st]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]I will be booing the booers! [:@][/quote]

Dare I ask what you will be doing to the pant wetters ?[st][/quote]

Panting of course. [;)]

There should be no ''lap of honour'' after the Arsenal game, if as expected, we have been relegated.Anyone who stays around 10-15 minutes after the game waiting to clap that shower of sh1te wants their head examined..

Why boo? If the players care and are genuinely upset that we''ve been relegated we''ll simply give them a reason to not care and jump ship (and therefore leave not at our own discretion), and if they don''t care then they''re more likely to ruminate over the consequences of their lack of action to stem the downfall of this proud and much beloved club if they aren''t at the same time having to think about how to confront thousands of angry fans raging in their faces and berating them.Let them suffer a hollow silence. That''ll be more than effective enough for what any Norwich fan should want. Such a disaster as relegation will be a moment for introspection and self-assessment if we want to overcome it, not get overly emotional as it is destructive in the long run (i''d go so far as to say much of the worst decisions this club made after the turn of the century have been laden with some measure of emotion - more often than not it''s a disease against pragmatism and obstructs common sense from finding its way through to the surface).

Where has this "lap of honour" tosh come from?At the end of every season the players go round the pitch TO THANK THE FANS The OP is trolling and you all jump in.

Moreover the time for booing was for some time around/before January when it could have instigated some positive activity from the club''s heirachy rather than the board and manager''s passivity at the time, that conspired to persist until only a matter of a few weeks ago. As of the beginning of Feburary the best thing it could have done is simply rid us of Hughton''s continued and quite hopeless reign in charge. Now that''s already happened there is really no reason to express our frustration in this way because there''s nothing left that booing can now effectively and tangibly change for the better.

If they have any sense they won''t do one if we get relegated

Whatever it is, lap of honour / thanks to the fans I wont be sticking around to see it!

I''ve already had enough of watching our players amble around the pitch this season thank you.