Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

Where have the accusations of "pant wetting" gone?

It seems awfully quiet on that front......

.....now that we are nailed on for relegation of course.

.....because of the on pitch decline that was blindingly obvious for so long.

.....and the self prescribed comfort zone of ''low expectations'' and ''lack of ambition'' that has smothered our chances yet again.

Still though, a nice little club Norwich.

So are you wetting your pants because people are no longer accusing you of wetting your pants?

[quote user="morty"]Well done for being such a football genius.Enjoy your "I told you so"[Y][/quote]That''s just glib and lazy posting Morty.Those of us who''ve been warning of this catastrophe for ages have been on the end of some pretty savage stuff from you and others. Pantwetting is , in fact, some of the more pleasant invective that''s been used. You and your fellow apologists have been proven wrong, and made to look pretty stupid. Why can''t you just have the cojones to hold your hands up and admit it rather than spouting some of the silly stuff above ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]Well done for being such a football genius.Enjoy your "I told you so"[Y][/quote]That''s just glib and lazy posting Morty.Those of us who''ve been warning of this catastrophe for ages have been on the end of some pretty savage stuff from you and others. Pantwetting is , in fact, some of the more pleasant invective that''s been used. You and your fellow apologists have been proven wrong, and made to look pretty stupid. Why can''t you just have the cojones to hold your hands up and admit it rather than spouting some of the silly stuff above ?[/quote]Just re-read my last post[Y]

There is a point of view that could argue that the "pant-wetters" armageddon scenario didn''t occur until they got their own way with the manager.

When he was ousted we had a 5 point cushion and while people can assume that we''d not have won any of the three games since under his stewardship, that is only guesswork. The fact is that we couldn''t have had less points than we have now if we''d kept him.

Who do you trust to get that vital win?

The guy who has continually pulled a result out of the bag much to the chagrin of his detractors or a glorified PE teacher?

The outcome could still go either way of course. At the moment, the gamble looks like it is backfiring.

The truth is there is no right or wrong here and gloating about our predicament in some sort of perverse oneupmanship is pathetic.

Well put Mr Ferry.I shall also add that panicking about relegation when we still had 20 games to play, was, and always will be, damp pant behaviour.

To a certain extent I''d agree with that Paul. Filling this board with page after page of "I told you so" is as silly ,pointless and glib as Morty''s offerings above. The truth is we''ll never know what would have happened if we''d kept Hughton, but to dismiss NA as a glorified PE teacher is unhelpful at best. That, amongst other more pressing reasons is why I''ve largely given up arguing on here.The only point that''s being made here, as I see it, is it''s only human nature for people to react to some of the wild accusations they''ve been subjected to over the last few months.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]To a certain extent I''d agree with that Paul. Filling this board with page after page of "I told you so" is as silly ,pointless and glib as Morty''s offerings above. The truth is we''ll never know what would have happened if we''d kept Hughton, but to dismiss NA as a glorified PE teacher is unhelpful at best. That, amongst other more pressing reasons is why I''ve largely given up arguing on here.The only point that''s being made here, as I see it, is it''s only human nature for people to react to some of the wild accusations they''ve been subjected to over the last few months.[/quote]But still you''ll have your "I told you so" moment.[:)]Yes, giving up arguing was a good move on your part lol, you really weren''t much good at it.

Morty please copy and paste this in your next reply:

"Now I have pulled my head from the sand I can graciously admit that I called this completely wrong. My opinions were based on personal defence, infallibility and stubbornness rather than the painfully obvious reality of the situation. For this, I recognise my weakness and apologies."

MORTY, GIVE US A WAVE, MORTY MORTY GIVE US A WAVE!

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]Morty please copy and paste this in your next reply:

"Now I have pulled my head from the sand I can graciously admit that I called this completely wrong. My opinions were based on personal defence, infallibility and stubbornness rather than the painfully obvious reality of the situation. For this, I recognise my weakness and apologies."

MORTY, GIVE US A WAVE, MORTY MORTY GIVE US A WAVE![/quote][:D]

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]

The truth is there is no right or wrong here and gloating about our predicament in some sort of perverse oneupmanship is pathetic.

[/quote]
Absolutely spot on and anyone claiming that they know better, "we should have done this, we should have done that", is either lying or blinded by arrogance.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]To a certain extent I''d agree with that Paul. Filling this board with page after page of "I told you so" is as silly ,pointless and glib as Morty''s offerings above. The truth is we''ll never know what would have happened if we''d kept Hughton, but to dismiss NA as a glorified PE teacher is unhelpful at best. That, amongst other more pressing reasons is why I''ve largely given up arguing on here.The only point that''s being made here, as I see it, is it''s only human nature for people to react to some of the wild accusations they''ve been subjected to over the last few months.[/quote]But still you''ll have your "I told you so" moment.[:)]Yes, giving up arguing was a good move on your part lol, you really weren''t much good at it.[/quote]Glad to see somethings never change despite my absence, Morts.You still fail to read posts properly and spout kneejerk garbage to what you''d like to think the post says...not what it actually says. You are right on one thing. I am not terribly good at arguing, simply because it''s not what I do best. Discussion and debate; yes, but arguing, no. I''ll leave that to the likes of your good self. You can argue till the cows come home. But...reasoned debate/discussion? Nah.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]To a certain extent I''d agree with that Paul. Filling this board with page after page of "I told you so" is as silly ,pointless and glib as Morty''s offerings above. The truth is we''ll never know what would have happened if we''d kept Hughton, but to dismiss NA as a glorified PE teacher is unhelpful at best. That, amongst other more pressing reasons is why I''ve largely given up arguing on here.The only point that''s being made here, as I see it, is it''s only human nature for people to react to some of the wild accusations they''ve been subjected to over the last few months.[/quote]But still you''ll have your "I told you so" moment.[:)]Yes, giving up arguing was a good move on your part lol, you really weren''t much good at it.[/quote]Glad to see somethings never change despite my absence, Morts.You still fail to read posts properly and spout kneejerk garbage to what you''d like to think the post says...not what it actually says. You are right on one thing. I am not terribly good at arguing, simply because it''s not what I do best. Discussion and debate; yes, but arguing, no. I''ll leave that to the likes of your good self. You can argue till the cows come home. But...reasoned debate/discussion? Nah.[/quote]To finish on a positive, you''re also pretty good at whining[Y]

I love the way, Morty, that you invariably end one of your tedious posts with a "thumbs up" or other silly emoticon as if that guarantees legitimacy to the carp contained therein. You just carry on believing your own  dogma. If it makes you happy.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I love the way, Morty, that you invariably end one of your tedious posts with a "thumbs up" or other silly emoticon as if that guarantees legitimacy to the carp contained therein. You just carry on believing your own  dogma. If it makes you happy.[/quote][Y]

I see nothing to suggest changing the manager at any point during this season would have changed anything. I can accept that Pulis performed a miracle at Palace but I''m not convinced our players would be receptive to his methods because for a newly promoted team playing in the PL is self-motivating to a certain extent. The vast majority of our players believe they belong in this league yet many of them are not prepared to put in the hard miles to prove it.

I remember last season posters were adament that when the players took matters into their own hands and rebelled against the manager (released the shackles) results and goals came. And yet now with the manager gone and the shackles off nothing''s changed. Why hasn''t it?

The difference of course between those of us that tried to follow the board''s way of thinking, accepting things as they were and trying to see a way forward within that, is that if Hughton was successful, I don''t think you would see many "told you so''s" in that situation.   The "out" argument was nearly always put across with  emotion and anger and frustration - and those of us that were trying to put the counter argument were leaped on as being some sort of traitors to the cause.   I know that it prompted me to some fierce defence of the board and Hughton, but if he had been successful in keeping us up had he stayed on, my message wouldn''t have been "I told you so" - it would be right, that''s this season out of the way lets move on and improve next season.  Its supposed to be about the football club, not our individual or collective egos.

Would Hughton have lost 3-2 at home to Liverpool? Perhaps his defensive tactics might have yielded a valuable point?So the truth is nobody knows if it was pant wetting or if we would be better off , so this thread is moronic.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]

To a certain extent I''d agree with that Paul. Filling this board with page after page of "I told you so" is as silly ,pointless and glib as Morty''s offerings above. The truth is we''ll never know what would have happened if we''d kept Hughton, but to dismiss NA as a glorified PE teacher is
unhelpful at best.
That, amongst other more pressing reasons is why I''ve largely given up arguing on here.

The only point that''s being made here, as I see it, is it''s only human nature for people to react to some of the wild accusations they''ve been subjected to over the last few months.
[/quote]

I''m glad you picked up on that - it was deliberately dismissive and you''re completely right, it''s unhelpful and disrespectful.

Just as the countless posters calling Hughton hapless, clueless, a clown etc was.

It''s a two-way street and both men deserve, as a minimum, to be treated with the respect their standing and longevity in the game warrants. I''m still hoping we can pull something out of the bag, the fat girl may be practicing her scales but she ain''t singing yet.

[;)]

[quote user="ref89"]Would Hughton have lost 3-2 at home to Liverpool? Perhaps his defensive tactics might have yielded a valuable point?So the truth is nobody knows if it was pant wetting or if we would be better off , so this thread is moronic.

[/quote]

Probably put better than I could[Y]

But at the end of the day we see what we want to see. I thought we played better in the second halves of the Chelsea and Citeh games than Liverpool. We certainly played as well. And I thought we played better away at Cardiff and West Ham than we did at Fulham. Of course under Hughton we had many worse performances too. I guess the only reason for the change so late was to try and unite the fans. It worked to an extent but now 2 games later we are heading back to where we were because ultimately the only thing that would unite the fans is winning games.

Not quite clear as to what point you are making here Paul. If it''s a two way street, then, at the risk of mixing my metaphors, then two wrongs don''t make a right. NA has plenty of positives on his CV, but came in with a nigh on impossible task.But yes,I agree with you that if the chubby lass happens to reserve her best vocal talents for Stamford Br on Sun and CR a week later, then this message board will take on a very different tone.

At the end of the day, no-one on this board holds any responsibility for what did and didnt happen. We are just a messageboard community with no real influence on the outside world. As much as it might be instinctive to believe, Hughton didnt remain in his job as long as he did because the board listened to LDC''s persuasive arguments.

The demise of the club this season is nothing to do with anybody on here, compelling arguments or not. The board made their own choices, independent of the screaming on here

[quote user="ref89"]Would Hughton have lost 3-2 at home to Liverpool? Perhaps his defensive tactics might have yielded a valuable point?

So the truth is nobody knows if it was pant wetting or if we would be better off , so this thread is moronic.

[/quote]

Well obviously no-one can tell what would have happened if we hadn''t sacked Hughton.  Maybe we''d have won all our remaining games 5-0 with Elvis singing on the pitch at half time.  Who knows ?

But my bet is that Hughton''s "defensive tactics" against Liverpool would probably have worked no better than every other time we played them under him as manager.  And we''d have lost by 5-2 or worse.

The annoying thing about sacking Hughton is that it allows him and others to say he could have kept us up.  They''re entitled to their opinions, personally I think with him in charge we were dead in the water.

We have been down for weeks imo, its collective responsibilty with Hughton and the board sharing the blame, he should have gone xmas and given somebody a chance to stop the slide, not five games which were never winnable imo. hope we do the right thing now and bring in someone decent to get us back on track and please not a cheap option.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]

The guy who has continually pulled a result out of the bag much to the chagrin of his detractors or a glorified PE teacher?

[/quote]

A tad harsh Mr. Ferry as I don''t know too many such teachers who played over 400 games mostly in the top flight of English football who won a Championship medal in the old Division One or one for a club gaining them promotion to the top flight not forgetting of course the exploits last season in the FA Youth Cup.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Pauls Ferry"]

[/quote]

A tad harsh Mr. Ferry as I don''t know too many such teachers who played over 400 games mostly in the top flight of English football who won a Championship medal in the old Division One or one for a club gaining them promotion to the top flight not forgetting of course the exploits last season in the FA Youth Cup.

[/quote]

Chuck in an appearance in the 1990 League Cup Final as well.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 29/04/2014 11:59 AM:

I still wanna know whats happened to Brienne/Jenkins?

I did tell you before Mrs. am enjoying somewhere sunny dry and hot, a perfect remedy for all the sodden Tenna folk inhabiting the board.