Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Can we truly expect more?

Than three consecutive years in the Premiership?

Bearing in mind the size of our club and our great city.

I guess the Lambert years were the most exciting seasons I have seen in my 50 years supporting the club. Sadly I doubt I will ever experience the same in my lifetime.

It''s very sad to see us going down, but being totally realistic we can''t expect much more than a few years at the top table.

Yes we can. it''s a tough job but it should be achievable with all the right people and structures in place, and a bit of luck.

Yes, we''re getting relegated this year because of stubbornness and complacency from the board and sheer laziness and lack of interest from the playing squad. This relegation has nothing to do with the size of our club or finances, of course we would have gone down eventually but everyone''s p155ed because this one was so avoidable!

We had 10 million left over from summer, how the hell the board just sat in their arse oblivious to the trajectory we were heading and failed to at least either remove the management team or buy at least one bloody player that would actually improve us, this is the most sickening relegation I''ve experienced so far

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Yes, we''re getting relegated this year because of stubbornness and complacency from the board and sheer laziness and lack of interest from the playing squad. This relegation has nothing to do with the size of our club or finances, of course we would have gone down eventually but everyone''s p155ed because this one was so avoidable!

We had 10 million left over from summer, how the hell the board just sat in their arse oblivious to the trajectory we were heading and failed to at least either remove the management team or buy at least one bloody player that would actually improve us, this is the most sickening relegation I''ve experienced so far[/quote]Absolutely spot-on, Catbeard.As for, luck, well yes luck does come into it a bit on an individual game, but sorry, I just do not buy that argument over a 9 month, 38 game season.I too am absolutely sickened because this relegation was so avoidable . If we''d acted in the same way Southampton did last season and Palace/Sunderland/Swansea have done this , as regards timely changes, then I''m convinced the outcome would''ve been very different.

I''d still say we''ve expected a little too much as fans too. I''d argue every team from 10 down has an aim to avoid relegation each season, the premier league has such a huge gulf from top 2 halfs it''s impossible to just ''push on'' and be better each season.

Purely because we''ve spent a fair bit of money by Norwich standards it''s still peanuts compared to the league spend. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season. We have no right to be a solid fixture and fitting in the league. You can''t just look for someone to blame when it goes a little bit wrong!

Our first season under lambert wasnt due to his breathtaking tactics or the quality of the squad it was due to the form and confidence of our team. Change of manager and playing personal, we lose a few games and are basically back to square 1.

Board have been nothing but magnificent since league 1, we''ve grown as a club, got us into a position where we have spent the most we''ve spent for years, but it hasn''t worked out. Wanting massive changes because of hughtons questionable tactics for some games and the players poor performances is ridiculous. I still honestly think if we stuck with hughton we would stay up. He seemed to always get the tactics right against the big teams. Adams apparently has us playing better football but we''ve still picked up 0 points.

People can blame it on whoever they want but ultimately it''s not down to a single individual it''s down to everyone, they all have to take a share of the blame. I''ve never seen a team get relegated and sack the entire playing squad, manager and boardroom so why should we? Just have to get over it, whatever will be will be and we have to give it our all no matter what the team/division is

Our squad is not good enough. We have spent a lot of money since arriving in the Prem, but had to buy a lot of (cheaper) players, and generally you get what you pay for.

We thought that with RvW, Hooper and Fer we would be a better side, but it has not proved to be so.

The is a slightly long-winded way of saying that, for one reason or another, we did not succeed in buying real quality - a player or two able to change a match. Until we have such, and we might have had if we had survived relegation this summer, we would have a much better chance of being a "permanent" EPL side.

Real quality at City never gonna happen can''t afford and wouldn''t want to come. RVW and Fer only came as City were only option in the Premier.

Look at Pulis''s recruits at Palace maybe not the quality but all application.

One man is responsible and it is Hughton.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Yes, we''re getting relegated this year because of stubbornness and complacency from the board and sheer laziness and lack of interest from the playing squad. This relegation has nothing to do with the size of our club or finances, of course we would have gone down eventually but everyone''s p155ed because this one was so avoidable!

We had 10 million left over from summer, how the hell the board just sat in their arse oblivious to the trajectory we were heading and failed to at least either remove the management team or buy at least one bloody player that would actually improve us, this is the most sickening relegation I''ve experienced so far[/quote]

Yep. It was almost easier to stay up! We''ve spent the season shooting ourselves in the foot at every level through out the club. Very disappointing.

I agree with a couple of the posters above. Relegation was so avoidable. We stuck with Hughton too long and didn''t address our weaknesses in the January transfer window. It doesn''t even feel unfair, just so annoying that we will go down.