Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sunderland v WBA

As long as Sunderland fail to win this game we have half a chance of staying up. United with the Giggs factor will stuff Sunderland and I cannot see them beating Swansea.

We need points don''t expect any Sunday but against Arsenal a win entirely possible if we get physical they won''t want a battle before FA Cup.

Succesive home matches against West Brom and Swansea? I''d bet my house on them getting at least two points. I wouldn''t bet my house on a win vs Arsenal which is the bare minimum we need now. Still I like your optimism, no matter how ''clutching at straws'' it seems.

Sunderland are coming off an away draw at Man C , away win at Chelsea and a 4-0 home win , do you really believe they wont beat one of either West Brom or Swansea with Premiership safety the goal .

If ncfc have a chance of surviving on the final day, then I will take that right now. We are in no position to turn a small chance down, however remote that may seem.

On the final day, Swansea going to Sunderland and Palace to Fulham are not completely against the realms of getting us 2 favourable results.

The problem I have however, is that if either Fulham (away to Stoke) and Norwich fail to win this weekend, West Brom will be safe by next weds Sunderland game. And we all know how West Brom play in those circumstances.

SO, we need Fulham to beat Stoke away in order to keep West Brom in the relegation race. That''s surely our best hope of getting a result at Sunderland?

If we went into the final day needing to beat Arsenal and rely on Swansea getting a point at Sunderland and Palace a point at Fulham, I will take that chance.

Remember 2005 and West Brom starting the final day in bottom place. They had to rely on 3 results going their way and them winning. No reason why that could not happen, but I can only see it possible if Fulham win at Stoke to keep West Brom occupied.

Trouble is Flecky even at this late stage we are tearing up the predictions in every round of games. Of course it could be this round will be predictable which would be very grim for us. But how confident are you? If we did Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Stoke, Villa and Newcastle on Rays Funds we''d get over £200 for our tenner. Which is far and away the biggest single win in the 7 years we''ve been doing it.

Nutty and CJF, sadly you are both correct.

I guess we just need to be put out of our misery soonest? I suspect 7 days from now, the life support machine will be switched off and the inquest will formally be underway.

There''s always the chance after their last 3 results, which have been superb for a team in their situation, they may fall victim to complacency as often does happen in football.

Straw clutching? What straw clutching?

[quote user="Mason 47"]There''s always the chance after their last 3 results, which have been superb for a team in their situation, they may fall victim to complacency as often does happen in football.

Straw clutching? What straw clutching?[/quote]I think you''re clutching at draws their mate. ;-)

I wouldn''t rule Villa out, fans completely against Lambert, Hull home Saturday, if they fail to get anything from that they go to Man City Wednesday night then White Hart Lane.

Quite conceivable they could end on 35/36 points.

The challenge, as it has been all season, is us doing our job. But if, if, by some change of luck and form, we can muster 4-6 points from these two games, Villa may be most at threat. At least we will know what we have to do come 4pm Sunday as all the teams play Saturday. As I said in another thread, if Hull can nick the three points, a point will not be bad at all at Stamford Bridge....

Whilst possible, the trouble is that Sunderland have momentum and a bit of form, and we have hit our worst patch of form in the whole season, just when we needed it.

If the form was the other way round, I''d give us a decent chance despite the fixtures.

Sadly, a combination of our form, our horrific fixtures, Sunderland''s form, and their "on-the-beach" fixtures, means the odds are enormously stacked against us.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Underway?

For most people the result is in and the verdict is "Death by Hughton"[/quote]
Anyone with half a brain can see these things are far more complex than that, there is far more to it then just "Hughton"
Otherwise we''d have more than 0 points from 3 games right now.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Should Villa lose to Hull, they will be right in the mix as they''re away to Man City & Spurs after that. Could be interesting!...[/quote]
That would require us to get a point against Chelsea and to beat Arsenal.
I''d love for us to relegate Villa but it seems a very unlikely outcome at the moment.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Should Villa lose to Hull, they will be right in the mix as they''re away to Man City & Spurs after that. Could be interesting!...[/quote]For Norwich to pass Villa we need a point at Chelsea , just not going to happen . Fulham may be hoping that 6 points for them will see them above Villa though . I think Villa will be a top flight club next season but Lambert is another question altogether .