Team to play Chelsea

For me, changes need to be made...

Ruddy,

Martin, Yobo (if fit), Bassong, Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Fer Pilkington

Hoolahan

Hooper

Not sure Pilkington is the player he was a year ago. Lost some of his fight for me. Personally I would playRuddyMartin Yobo Turner OlssonTettey JohnsonSnodgrass Fer GutirrezElmanderFirst half all out defence with the ball lumped forward towards Elmander whenever possible. Fer has got the energy to run up to provide a token effort of support and we can then have a very solid two bank of 8 across the backline with 4 midfield battlers (bus parked, handbrakes on, sign set to out of service).Chelsea like hitting on the counterattack and I think they will get frustrated if we can hold out against them and not be tricked into a football match first 45. Second half as they start to lose concentration swap in Hooper and Redmond for Elmander and Gutirrez and look to snatch a goal when their pushing everyone forward looking to find a gap.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Not sure Pilkington is the player he was a year ago. Lost some of his fight for me. Personally I would playRuddyMartin Yobo Turner OlssonTettey JohnsonSnodgrass Fer GutirrezElmanderFirst half all out defence with the ball lumped forward towards Elmander whenever possible. Fer has got the energy to run up to provide a token effort of support and we can then have a very solid two bank of 8 across the backline with 4 midfield battlers (bus parked, handbrakes on, sign set to out of service).Chelsea like hitting on the counterattack and I think they will get frustrated if we can hold out against them and not be tricked into a football match first 45. Second half as they start to lose concentration swap in Hooper and Redmond for Elmander and Gutirrez and look to snatch a goal when their pushing everyone forward looking to find a gap.[/quote]You are Chris Hughton and I claim my £5

As we have no decent strikers and will struggle to get the ball up front, we might as well play a 4-6-0 formation.

Include pace where possible, maybe Redmond and Murphy wide so they can break quickly.

Try to just frustrate Chelsea and play for set pieces. I see no other alternative while our strikers are powderpuff.

How else can we ''park the bus''? Perhaps Sanders Coach No.1 could drive on the pitch?

....................Ruddy

...........Yobo Turner Bassong

E Bennett..............................Olsson

.................Tettey Johnson

.................Snodgrass Fer

....................Elmander

Never going to happen but it''s what I''d do. If Bennett still isn''t fit then Whittaker obvious replacement.

Redmond has beaten about 20 players in the past 3 games but has only made about 4 passes successfully.

Don''t think you can play Howson and Fer together. Both are attacking midfielders and Fer has looked his best when playing far up the pitch. Howson goes completely missing when we don''t have the ball and I can''t see us having much against Chelsea.

Strikers? Elmander. RvW and hooper have virtually no presence, I''d like to see elmander pulling the runs with fer and snodgrass as close to him as possible.

This was the line-up from the Stoke away victory:

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Olsson

Fer Tettey

Snodgrass Howson Pilkington

RvW

I think a team similar to this is our best chance of success against Chelsea. Tettey brings a touch more composure with his short passing than Johnson for me, although I''d probably switch RvW for Hooper, as there''s more of chance that Hoops has a goal in him. Also unlikely for Pilks to be involved for whatever reasons there are behind the scenes, so Redmond more likely to start.

I say sod it, we have played 1 up front all season and thats really worked well, so lets play 2 up front with Hooper and RVW/Elmander/Bechio with Wes or Howson in the hole behind.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Sondgrass

Hoolahan

Hooper AN Other

Ruddy

E Bennett Yobo Turner Olsson

Snodgrass Fer Tettey Johnson Jonas

Redmond

Park the bus and try and take it to the last game.

Becchio scored last time he played them as well. He''s the most likely of our players to win anything in the air. If I see RVW''s name in that starting XI on his own up front again i''ll go spare!

agreed.. its gotta be time to give up on RvW, Elmander and to a degree Hooper.. none have scored many.

Id love to see Bbbbbecchio get a goal then be all like "why havent i been playing??!" to the bench...

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]. Don''t think you can play Howson and Fer together. Both are attacking midfielders and Fer has looked his best when playing far up the pitch. Howson goes completely missing when we don''t have the ball and I can''t see us having much against Chelsea.  [/quote]

Totally disagree.

Think Howson and Fer are suited to playing together and I think both are at their best in a central role playing through the middle. Where they are able to get involved in both defending and attacking.

I would also have Tettey in there too.

What I hope it will be:
                      Ruddy

Martin  Turner  Bassong  Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Howson Fer Pilkington

Elmander
What it will probably be:
                      Ruddy

Whitaker Martin Turner Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass   Howson Redmond

Hooper

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]What I hope it will be:
                      Ruddy

Martin  Turner  Bassong  Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Howson Fer Pilkington

Elmander
What it will probably be:
                      Ruddy

Whitaker Martin Turner Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass   Howson Redmond

Hooper
[/quote]I like the look of your first team, I thought Elmander deserved credit for his performance at Man U. But I think we''ll need a time machine if we''re going to see a fully fit Pilkington playing, unfortunately.Which is a shame.