Sign in to follow this  
unique

Sean Dyche

Very few NCFC fans would likely know of the Burnley manager, myself included, without checking his CV on Wikipedia.

However, he made an appearance on Goals on Sunday this weekend, and he and Gary Monk made more impression on me in half-an-hour than Hughton has managed in two years.

Dyche took over a Burnley side who were shipping 2.7 goals per game and had finished in the top half of the Championship just four times in the last fifteen? years.

The defence have conceded less than a goal a game, scored freely, and like Monk with Swansea.......Hey Presto!....encourage his team to press high up the pitch, making it as hard as possible for the opposition to play comfortably in possession.

Hughton''s tactics had increasingly led to Norwich players standing off the opposition, surrendering time and space, playing like a team sapped of energy and unfit for purpose.

Adams has been a disappointment. His team selection has varied little from Hughton''s, and the tactics shown against MU and the first-half against Liverpool, were much the same.

Dyche and Monk are young, forward thinking managers, who have instilled belief into their teams, and play to their strengths.

Norwich City need one helluva kick up the backside. The players have been allowed to drift into delusion. Their work rate has dropped alarmingly, their ability to pass a ball quickly and accurately have hit previously unseen depths, and they have long forgotten what is required to win football matches.

The board need to do their homework and find the next Sean Dyche. Young, hungry, progressive, and seemingly an excellent man manager - all traits that Hughton sadly lacked.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]It''ll be Malky. You know it will.[/quote]

I''d rather we go a different route but I think you are right.

Personally I would too, but I think his experience in the Championship and the transfer market, connection to the club and availability will get him the job.

Must haves experience of Championship, not require expensive long term contract, man manager, tactically aware. Come in Neil Warnock.

[:D]

His nickname is for a very good reason. Too old and we''d have to replace if we go back up.

Malky would need to get it right almost instantly because looking around the messageboards there does seem to be quite a few against his appointment in the first place . From drab and boring to drab and boring .

The board should go all out to get Eddie Howe great up and coming manager, unfortunately he may want to build something at Bournemouth and last time he left there he was home sick

Take a gamble and go for Warburton at Brentford.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Karl Robinson would be my first choice but I''d be more than happy with Malky.[/quote]

I don''t get why people rate karl robinson so highly, mk dons have one of the biggest budgets in that league and yet he has failed to even get them in the play offs last two seasons. He has been on late kick off quite a few times and came accross as being extemely arrogant

[quote user="greenwichcanary"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Karl Robinson would be my first choice but I''d be more than happy with Malky.[/quote]

I don''t get why people rate karl robinson so highly, mk dons have one of the biggest budgets in that league and yet he has failed to even get them in the play offs last two seasons. He has been on late kick off quite a few times and came accross as being extemely arrogant[/quote]
Not based on their current squad. Of their current squad, no more than 3 players were signed for a transfer fee. The rest were a mixture of free transfers and youth products. Their most recent starting 11 (a 2-2 draw against Brentford) featured 5 youth players, 3 free transfers, 2 loan players and only 1 (midfielder Stephen Gleeson) who was signed for a transfer fee. Hardly indicative of one of the biggest budgets in the league. 

nigel Adkins anyone?

Very impressive with southampton, decent with reading. plus he has strong championship experience and of course led southampton to back to back promotions.

Can''t really argue with that Northern Canary. I wonder why he''s not a popular suggestion? Unfashionable for some reason, despite that CV.

I havent a clue, im quite surprised he hasnt been mentioned. Hes easily my number one choice for the job!

Where abouts in Manchester are you from? good to see a fellow Manc canary!

Ahh well I''m *from* Norwich, but I''ve lived here for about 7 years now, currently living in Whalley Range.

You don''t know a guy called Aaron, from Preston do you? I''m in a band with him here, and by sheer coincidence he has several "Northern Canaries" friends who go to games up here.

Are you actually from Manchester then?