Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

'Chelsea join Man Utd in race for Van Wolfswinkel'

I came across an article on the Mail from about 2 and a half years ago saying how Chelsea and Man U were in a desperate race to sign Ricky. Interesting how his form has dropped so radically this season.

It would''ve been interesting if he hadn''t snubbed United or Chelsea to see how he would''ve turned out.

Its not interesting how his form has dropped. Its extremely obvious and he''ll be off in the summer for a similar amount (probably a million or two less) to a decent club. Probably in Europe.

He didn''t become a bad player over night, he is still a very good player. He''s been extremely limited in service, thats knocked his confidence and the odd chance he does get he''s not done well with recently. Hooper was the same for 3/4 months and didn''t get any abuse. Its shameful the way some fans are treating Wolfswinkle. Of course its terribly disappointing how little he''s done this season, but its also blatantly obvious why he''s done so little and that is in a big part down to the way he''s been used. Incorrectly.

Also to note that Hughton tried to sign him when he was at Newcastle as well, so he had the time to think about making sure he was the right striker when he came here.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Its not interesting how his form has dropped. Its extremely obvious and he''ll be off in the summer for a similar amount (probably a million or two less) to a decent club. Probably in Europe.

He didn''t become a bad player over night, he is still a very good player. He''s been extremely limited in service, thats knocked his confidence and the odd chance he does get he''s not done well with recently. Hooper was the same for 3/4 months and didn''t get any abuse. Its shameful the way some fans are treating Wolfswinkle. Of course its terribly disappointing how little he''s done this season, but its also blatantly obvious why he''s done so little and that is in a big part down to the way he''s been used. Incorrectly.[/quote]How do you use a striker who is hesitant to shoot and doesn''t take chances when he does, has average pace, little physical strength, doesn''t bring others into the game, has poor movement, regularly gives away petty fouls by pushing defenders who have read the game better than him and rarely set''s up team mates with opportunities?I''m sure he will come good again when he''s settled back on the continent but I can''t really see what he brings to the table in his current unconfident form.

But unless I am mistaken he HAS had some excellent opportunities, not as many as he should have sure, BUT.....enough for a striker of his ability.....even two or three more from him could have made a big difference, just saying...  

Would love to see RVW sign for a top 6 premiership club, I honestly believe with the right management and service he could be prolific in this league..

We''re going to have to take a huge loss to offload him. People saying we can get 6-7 million for him are wide of the mark, whatever the player value websites say. Who would pay even half that for a one goal a season striker? He''s to us what Cornelius was to Cardiff.

there is no way we paid 8.5m up front, 4m tops with the rest in add ons, don''t think we will make much of a loss on him. mcnally is no fool.

[quote user="skippdogg"]there is no way we paid 8.5m up front, 4m tops with the rest in add ons, don''t think we will make much of a loss on him. mcnally is no fool.[/quote]I''m pretty sure £8.5 was the cut deal price paid up front as Sporting Lisbon we''re in financial dire straits, if reports were correct at the time. Yup, surely the worst deal in Premier League history.As for the points above about it not being his fault, I seem to remember regardless of formation or manager Ricky being infront of goal a fluffing his lines again and again. He offers nothing, he''s lightweight, an abject failure we''ll be lucky to get any money for in the summer.Get rid, make proven Championship players Becchio and Hooper the starting duo next season and just go for it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and yet neither club signed him.....

I think that says all it needs to.

[/quote]

Chelsea already part owned his registration via a number of offshore accounts.