Sign in to follow this  
#

Elect an Ex City Pro to the Board!

You know, like Hucks, Iwan or WLYP...........someone who can actually advise the brainless board members on FOOTBALL matters!

Who would your candidate be? [^o)]

You really don''t know how the football club works do you?

On several previous managerial appointments the club has sought the advise of Dave Stringer for the purpose of advising them on football matters, they also sound out respected figures in the game like Jimmy Armfield & Roy Hodgson, the joint majority share holders are (unlike you) self aware and they know where their shortcomings are.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

On several previous managerial appointments the club has sought the advise of Dave Stringer for the purpose of advising them on football matters, they also sound out respected figures in the game like Jimmy Armfield & Roy Hodgson, the joint majority share holders are (unlike you) self aware and they know where their shortcomings are.

[/quote]

That explains everthing!

All 3 are dinosaurs now.................and they''re not on the board.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Oh really smart ars*..........thats why they hung on to CH until it was too late is it?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Oh really smart ars*..........thats why they hung on to CH until it was too late is it?

[/quote]

Too late? It''s looking a lot like they jettisoned him too early at the moment. Still, two games to go for the gamble to pay off.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For someone who is perpetually stupid it''s a mazing how much you get upset when it''s pointed out to you.

Again you miss the point and fail to understand how the club works, you''re the perfect example of "ignorance is bliss".

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

On several previous managerial appointments the club has sought the advise of Dave Stringer for the purpose of advising them on football matters,

[/quote]

and ended up with Peter Grant....

I think we should stop asking Dave now...

What about Danny Mills?

Ex-International footballer, local lad, contacts in the media and played recently enough to be able to "relate" to the modern game?

[quote]

What about Danny Mills?

Ex-International footballer, local lad, contacts in the media and played recently enough to be able to "relate" to the modern game?

[/quote]

And don''t forget the pasties.

Former footballer Danny Mills helps save West Cornwall Pasty Company

World Cup full-back and Celebrity Masterchef finalist joins rescue which takes 34 stores out of administration

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]What about Peter Mendham? I suppose he has pros and cons.[/quote]No need for cutting remarks Bor. [;)]

I see no problem with enhancing an already excellent Board by adding to them with someone who has played the game, but it need not be an ex City player as that limits the chances of getting the best person in. Having met Hucks a few times, whilst he is a decent bloke and absolute City legend, I really cannot see him adding much at Board level, likewise Iwan to be honest, its not a football forum its a serious business they run.

An ex pro footballer who has since left the game and been a success in business would be the type I would go for, there will be a few out there I''m sure.........  

[quote user="Barnaby Bear"]Tony Powell in an evening gown would add a certain something[/quote]Once and for all........"A FORMER Norwich City star who was rumoured to have swapped his boots

for high heels after a sexchange operation has been tracked down in

America and he''s still a man. Tony Powell, who played for the Canaries

during the 1970s, is now the manager of a hotel in Hollywood. A search

for the former centre back was launched by the Evening News last month

after the club tried to track him down for its centenary celebrations. Rumours

surfaced that the one time hard man had had a sex change operation and

was now happily living in the US as a woman. Now the former Canaries

hero has been tracked by a Sunday newspaper to Los Angeles and he is

still very much a man. Mr Powell, 55, who has two grown up children said

he was baffled as to why people thought he had lost his tackle.It''s

ridiculous," he said I don''t know where this started. I am all bloke I

can assure you. I''ve never worn a frock in my life. I''m the least likely

man to have a sex swap ."I had a reputation as a hard but fair

player I dropped off the radar because I hated all the celebrity stuff.

When I came to the States I left all that behind." Mr Powell made

275 appearances for Norwich City and left to join the San Jose

Earthquakes in the US in 1981. He then moved to the Seattle Sounders but

the team went bust .It was then that he decided to hang up his boots

for good.He has lost the flowing locks he was famous for during his

time at Carrow Road and now sports a short greying crop. He missed the

reunion of former players which took place to celebrate the club''s 100th

birthday but said he would have been unlikely to have joined them

anyway, adding: "Maybe I should have sent them an autographed bra!"

TCCANARY wrote the following post at 2014-04-30 2:05 PM:

And exactly where did that get us? Hamilton, Rioch, Roeder, Grant to name but four failures!

Why not elect a fan to the board? Idea for a resolution to the A.G.M. May not be well received but it would be an interesting debate.

I''ve heard that a lot of clubs on the continent have a committee of ex-pros to help the club in football matters in addition to a football person sat on the board. This is undoubtedly an area in which the club can improve.I think Norwich operate a bit more informally and the extent to which they heed footballing advice is a bit of an unknown. Someone like Fry maybe ought to be club president and a football person take his place on the board.With the present board''s poor record of only 4 seasons in the Premier League out of 18 and an impending relegation, it''s probably time that these matters were examined in more detail.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Why not elect a fan to the board? Idea for a resolution to the A.G.M. May not be well received but it would be an interesting debate.[/quote]

Who exactly do you suggest Dave and please do not say somebody from the Supporters Trust.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Felixfan"]Why not elect a fan to the board? Idea for a resolution to the A.G.M. May not be well received but it would be an interesting debate.[/quote]

Who exactly do you suggest Dave and please do not say soII

mebody from the Supporters Trust.

[/quote]

We could invite interest and have a meeting of all potential candidates and get behind the nominee.

What would such a fan have to have achieved to know enough to advise one of the best boards in the country? I hope it''s someone who posts abusive stuff on here. Would be fun to see the shoe on the other foot as the Wiz''s of this world got stuck in to them! Hope it''s someone who fits well into the clown gear that''s now surplus to requirements...

Maybe a Lowestoft resident preferably named Dave with a habbit of flouncing.

What about the Canary Fairy? Is he still around? Or those two that threw their season tickets at Gunn? They wouldn''t wear any crap. Whereas the Canary Fairy would wear anything. Literally it would seem.

[quote user="Felixfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Who exactly do you suggest Dave and please do not say soII mebody from the Supporters Trust.

[/quote] We could invite interest and have a meeting of all potential candidates and get behind the nominee.[/quote]

A simplistic approach if I may say so Dave but I would be interested to know what is on their CV to make them a suitable candidate to be the voice of at least 26,000 ( not counting those who cannot go for whatever reason ). Nobody I can think of has any experience of professional football on or off the field or with hands on expertise in a business with a turnover heading towards £100 million. Name me someone on the Trust board or any other supporters group for that matter who remotely fits the bill. It would be no more than lip service to the set up and confidentiality of what went on at meetings would surely be a major issue for the fans representative ? Blimey look at the (rap that was directed at the SCG in days gone by.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Why not elect a fan to the board?[/quote]Which set of fans would this person have represented in the Hughton in/out debate?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Felixfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Who exactly do you suggest Dave and please do not say soII mebody from the Supporters Trust.

[/quote] We could invite interest and have a meeting of all potential candidates and get behind the nominee.[/quote]

A simplistic approach if I may say so Dave but I would be interested to know what is on their CV to make them a suitable candidate to be the voice of at least 26,000 ( not counting those who cannot go for whatever reason ). Nobody I can think of has any experience of professional football on or off the field or with hands on expertise in a business with a turnover heading towards £100 million. Name me someone on the Trust board or any other supporters group for that matter who remotely fits the bill. It would be no more than lip service to the set up and confidentiality of what went on at meetings would surely be a major issue for the fans representative ? Blimey look at the (rap that was directed at the SCG in days gone by.

[/quote]I''m not convinced by the concept of supporter-directors (unless they have some real power) because they can be used as a pretence of listening to fans. And the selection process would be tricky.But I cannot believe there are no Norwich City fans who would be suitable. In part because I would not be expecting them to be that knowledgeable about football or big business. There would be others round the boardroom table with that expertise. The supporter-director would much more need commonsense and an understanding of the views and needs of fans.It is not unknown for football clubs, including NCFC, to lose sight of the basic objective of treating their customers - ie the fans - properly. The supporter-director would be a guard against that.

One thing that I don''t think McNally has done well is relations with supporters clubs, and fans in general.I understand that sometimes you have to be autocratic, as most fans know diddley squit, but you should at least pretend to listen to them.

Not sure why people are trying to rubbish the idea of electing a fan to the Board. Don''t let it be one waving a white flag though please.