Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Sooner or later something must go our way

No luck at Fulham - againPalace winning streakW Brom revivalChelsea beating LiverpoolMoyes sacking/The Giggs factor/Dodgy penaltySunderland beating CardiffConnor ******* WickhamAthletico Madrid beating ChelseaSeems like the whole World is against us right now

The World''s not against we''ve just been poor all season.

We are where we are due to our own inconsistencies & it''s up to us to haul ourselves out of it!

[quote user="Adycakes"]The World''s not against we''ve just been poor all season.

We are where we are due to our own inconsistencies & it''s up to us to haul ourselves out of it![/quote]I agree but when was the last time we had a bit of luck?

You can add to we hit the bar twice v WBA, once v Fulham.

We are certainly owed a few (dodgy) pens - the dodgy count since promotion is VERY weighted against us...hopefully the Gods will decide it is time to redress the balance, but I doubt it. Maybe we used a few seasons of luck in our promotion season with all those injury time winners?!

I watched that game tonight and you can bet most of our players did too. They will realise that if we are relegated the majority of them will probably not play against the likes of Chelsea next season. If you were a player could you imagine the thrill of whatching a champions league semi and knowing you were going to be playing against those players in four days time? The players will know they need something from the game if they are to continue to play in such company.

Perhaps the game came at the right time. Perhaps Chelsea will be a bit deflated having lost such a game. Perhaps a few players will be mentally tired having had one foot in the final only to suffer great disappointment as Atletico tore them apart later. It''s up to our players now.

The only thing that will go our way is Arsenal may well have qualified for the CL by the time they come to Carrow Road.....

........and of course, by then, it will be too late to be of any possible benefit...........

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]We''re certainly owed a dodgy penalty, our last one away in the Premier League was at Ipswich in September 1994.[/quote]

Will be ineteresting if anyone can remember who took it and what happened...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I watched that game tonight and you can bet most of our players did too. They will realise that if we are relegated the majority of them will probably not play against the likes of Chelsea next season. If you were a player could you imagine the thrill of whatching a champions league semi and knowing you were going to be playing against those players in four days time? The players will know they need something from the game if they are to continue to play in such company.

Perhaps the game came at the right time. Perhaps Chelsea will be a bit deflated having lost such a game. Perhaps a few players will be mentally tired having had one foot in the final only to suffer great disappointment as Atletico tore them apart later. It''s up to our players now.

[/quote]

You are Lake District Canary and I claim my £5. [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Will be ineteresting if anyone can remember who took it and what happened...

[/quote]

Carl Bradshaw whacked it down the middle. Craig Forrest saved it but Bradshaw controlled and then tapped home his own rebound.

I believe he then got a taxi home and hasn''t been seen since ;-)

[quote user="flecky76"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Will be ineteresting if anyone can remember who took it and what happened...

[/quote]

Carl Bradshaw whacked it down the middle. Craig Forrest saved it but Bradshaw controlled and then tapped home his own rebound.

I believe he then got a taxi home and hasn''t been seen since ;-)[/quote]

[Y][:D]

The poor binners still blub about it now[;)]

Problem is that we haven''t really made or earned ourselves any "luck".

Too many gutless performances where we''ve simply crumbled at the first sign of trouble.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]We''re certainly owed a dodgy penalty, our last one away in the Premier League was at Ipswich in September 1994.[/quote]

Did we not have a penalty away to Hull (Snodgate)? Or did I misunderstand your post?

Now Nutty I seem to remember our dear friend Ray telling me once or twice on the free bet thread that he never backed teams who had played a midweek european game as they had a habbit of losing in their domestic leagues the next game and I''m clinging to that as my life raft this week.

You remember correctly Inchy. We had lots of conversations about it and came to the conclusion that predicting games on weekends before and after important European games could be fraught with danger. It''s a raft worth clinging to. It''s also worth clinging to the fact that Chelsea will have played three huge games in the previous 12 days (Atletico, Liverpool, Atletico).

I guess there is a chance that Chelsea will be knackered and demoralised after tonight''s defeat,but equally they will want to get it out of their system and give us a stuffing to keep up the pressure on Man City and ''Pool. We have to hope for the former - our run of 5 defeats on the trot doesn''t suggest we are in much of a place to capitalise even if they are off the boil, but if Sunderland can suddenly find form then why not us.

To be awarded penalties you need to be in the oppositions penalty area. A place where our players fear to enter.

Hackedoff wrote the following post at 01/05/2014 7:46 AM:

To be awarded penalties you need to be in the oppositions penalty area. A place where our players fear to enter.

So you clearly missed the Liverpool game, or do you wear some sort of glasses which restrict your vision to the centre spot!

Some may argue that the previous 4 season things have gone our way but don''t worry football is cyclical.

Its ironic actually because if we go down it will probably be due to Fulham again by us not winning that game. We can still hope for a miracle but who knows?????

So you clearly missed the Liverpool game, or do you wear some sort of glasses which restrict your vision to the centre spot!

You must have been wearing said glasses for half our games then!

I think more things went against us this season than last season. 

I know the Man U pen was dodgy, but last season we had plenty of games like Sunderland and Arsenal away where the result clearly went against us as a result of bad refereeing decisions.  How many games this season can we really say the referee has turned the game against us ?  Precious few.

More common have been games like Cardiff when we just couldn''t take our chances, or Villa away when they were on an atrocious run and we took the lead but still let them thrash us.

Too be quite honest id say many circumstances/decisions have gone our way this season as I have listed below

Hull away- hull being down to 10 men for 2/3 of the game

Villa home- got early penalty, didn''t have a set penalty taker, missed penalty, went on to lose

Swansea home- played away in ukraine the Thursday night before, Nathan dyer there best player during the game went off at half time

Fulham home- four defeats on the trot in their previous four away games with 13 goals conceded along the way, six conceded in their next away game after us against hull

Newcastle home- just sold cabaye to psg

Cardiff away-had yet to win under solskjaer, half the team were making their debuts

West ham away- andy carroll suspended

Aston villa away- villa had gone something like four hours of football without scoring before we played them, we conceded four despit dominating first 20 minutes

Swansea away- no wins in 9

West brom home- 1 win under pepe mel who has been in charge since January

I guess some of the things mentioned above are of more significance than others but you can''t help but feel all these games had things going in our favour and despite this we picked up a dire 2 points out of all these fixtures.

For me it is clear from looking at the above things have gone our way but we have just been too toothless to take these opportunities given to us