Sign in to follow this  
BankontheBarclay

Managerial Oblivion

No he will get a Championship side , no Premiership side will touch him though .Now Neil Adams , yes oblivion awaits for him .

It was generous to sack CH when we did as it allowed him to avoid having a relegation on his CV and to allow him to maintain that he would have kept us up.

It is a shame that his approach didn''t work at Norwich but I imagine we''ll be counting the cost longer than he will.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]No. He be in the PL next season. We were daft to get rid[/quote]I would be willing to  bet £20 on him not managing in the Premier League next season, with the money going to the PUPs charity, the CSF. Since you are so certain he will you ought to be game for that.

He will not manage in the Prem. I think a job with the FA or LMA is on the cards at some point. He will have years money for his remaining contract so I don''t expect he will be in a hurry.  Media work first I imagine.

He''ll go to a championship side I would have thought. Who knows where he''ll end up, but imo, I think he will build a team for the premiership after a few years.

[quote user="Eadies Left Huckss Right Iwans Heed"]Think he''ll end up back at Brum[/quote]I have actually heard similar from a reasonably reliable source.

Certainly his record suggests he will be back in the Prem quickly, probably next season and as Mrs M suggests will be a top top manager.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]No. He be in the PL next season. We were daft to get rid[/quote]

You really are a bell end aren''t you. Change the record. Hughton has gone. Not coming back.

There''s no right or wrong about it. It''s the thickness of a sheet of paper between the right and wrong of it.

Most of us were delighted when CH was shipped out. The results since have now had us wondering whether he would have squeezed out a couple of extra vital points by now eg. by drawing at the Cottage or even at Man. U. 

Like most things in life, it''s easy to be wise after the event. 

CH will almost certainly go back to Brum where he was well thought of (remember we paid them £1m compensation btw.) I think that''s his level. If not Brum then a second tier London club.

With the friends he has in football he''ll easily get another big job! He''s a thoroughly decent manager and coach, and at the very least could get a number 2 job at a big club like Spurs.My money is on somewhere like West Brom next season if/when Pepe Mel leaves, as is reported.

I think Hughton has achieved too much in his relatively short managerial career to be consigned to the scrap-heap. A promotion, a play-off run. 1 and a 1/2 seasons of Premier League football to a decent standard. I''m reasonably sure he''ll get another chance at a Championship club.

heard today that he is talking to wba about taking over in the summer.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if ended up back in the EPL, probably by getting promotion into it with one of the bigger Championship teams.......he really is not a bad manager and a club on the look out could do much much worse.     The trick for us though is that we get better, otherwise what was the point????   

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I wouldnt be at all surprised if ended up back in the EPL, probably by getting promotion into it with one of the bigger Championship teams.......he really is not a bad manager and a club on the look out could do much much worse.     The trick for us though is that we get better, otherwise what was the point????   [/quote]He really is a poor manager though.