Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Relegation release clauses

Does anyone know which players actually have these in their contracts.

I know some players may want to go should we be down but without one and if they feature in the managers plans why should we let them go? After all I think we are financially stable for 1 season at least.

[quote user="Dave"]Does anyone know which players actually have these in their contracts.

I know some players may want to go should we be down but without one and if they feature in the managers plans why should we let them go? After all I think we are financially stable for 1 season at least.[/quote]I don''t know, but I would be very surprised if most of the 25-man squad do not have that kind of clause. I can''t see why players, who have the power here, would not insist on them. I think it is fair to assume that all  those who might be wanted by Premier League clubs have just such a get-out-of-jail card in their contract.

It wouldnt benefit either party if they didnt have a clause, particularly the club or the more ambitious of players............I expect there to be changes should we go down, but that should happen if we are to have a squad cpabale of bouncing back, it takes a different set-up and a different squad to battle out of the Championship..........I am very confident we will do just that.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Dave"]Does anyone know which players actually have these in their contracts.

I know some players may want to go should we be down but without one and if they feature in the managers plans why should we let them go? After all I think we are financially stable for 1 season at least.[/quote]I don''t know, but I would be very surprised if most of the 25-man squad do not have that kind of clause. I can''t see why players, who have the power here, would not insist on them. I think it is fair to assume that all  those who might be wanted by Premier League clubs have just such a get-out-of-jail card in their contract.[/quote]None of the Norwich players have relegation release clauses.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Do we know anything about relegation wage drops?[/quote]If there aren''t any then the clubs accountant needs his ar$e kicking.

Certainly up to the end of last season all players had clauses in their contracts that would trigger a pay cut on relegation. To what degree or whether players who were signed last summer have them or not I don''t know.