Sign in to follow this  
Barnaby Bear

Does anyone still believe that Ricky will "come good"?

[quote user="Barnaby Bear"]Yes - he will come good or yes - the verdict [he''s useless] is in?[/quote]Yes, the verdictis you''re a troll.

At the moment he has the status of Cody Macdonald - and to me appears a similar kind of player. He will undoubtedly find form, but it may be at a lower level - if we go down, he might be just what he needs to rebuild his career. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]At the moment he has the status of Cody Macdonald - and to me appears a similar kind of player. He will undoubtedly find form, but it may be at a lower level - if we go down, he might be just what he needs to rebuild his career. 

[/quote]

Lakey I think you will find Cody scored goals. Whilst accepting it was in League One we did not spend over 8 million on him more like 8 thousand.

Why are sooooo many people on here happy to play along with the binners? If we get relegated this season that will still be four season''s from the past ten in the PL. The binners haven''t had a sniff of the PL in that time but they do stand half a chance of being top ten in the chumps this season.

Yes, but probably not this season, nor with us.

We have seen his goals on videos, and players talk about his exploits in training, so he has it but I still feel that we have starved him of service all season, and he has lost confidence.

Yes - happens all the time - strikers lose their confidence and can''t do a think right, but it comes back. e.g. I remember Mike Sheron couldn''t do a think right when he was here but scored plenty after he left.

No, we should cut our losses and dump him asap.....he couldn''t score in an Amersterdam brothel!

Yes he will, but as others have pointed out, probably not with us. You simply do not get into the Holland squad without being pretty good.

I think his spell at Norwich will be a setback for him, but I think he''ll come good again back on the continent. Doubt he''ll come back to England again though.

Thats what my head says. My heart wants him to stay here and come good here under a new manager.

In the next few weeks we will see just how serious RvW is about ''making it'' in English football. If he stays with us, and ,assuming that we employ a new manager who knows what he''s doing, puts his nose to the grindstone and applies himself , he has the potential to score goals for fun in the Champ, and he could be back in the EPL in 2015-16.If he gets disillusioned and demands a move to pastures new we''ll see that he was just another mercenary intent on feathering his own next in the EPL. Nothing intrinsically wrong with that, but at least as Norwich fans we''ll know where we stand, won''t we ?

Fair points Reggie, but I fear wages could have a bearing on the club''s decision with Ricky. I don''t think they''ll look to offload him, but if they receive an offer of £6m plus, I think they''d probably take it as its not guaranteed he''ll score goals in the championship, and if we''ve kept becchio and hooper, both with good championship pedigree, it would be less of a gamble to keep them as their wages are probably more affordable. I''m only guessing though - maybe hooper is on more than Ricky?

[quote user="MancCanary"]Fair points Reggie, but I fear wages could have a bearing on the club''s decision with Ricky. I don''t think they''ll look to offload him, but if they receive an offer of £6m plus, I think they''d probably take it as its not guaranteed he''ll score goals in the championship, and if we''ve kept becchio and hooper, both with good championship pedigree, it would be less of a gamble to keep them as their wages are probably more affordable. I''m only guessing though - maybe hooper is on more than Ricky?[/quote]

At this moment in time RVW coming good = managing to get rid for more then 3 million.

no...

if he has the confidence to "bang them in" in training then he HAS to take that into matches...

its down to ability nothign else.. isn''t good enough at premiership level.. will NEVER be good enough at premiership level. he cant adapt to the game. Better players than RVW have failed at this level.

The next big money signing must be meticulously scouted for months before we shell out... we got this one wrong.. remember his only goal came from a mis hit shot from someone else.. it was luck....

[quote user="GC"]Jas, have you ever considered going back to school? Your spelling and grammar is appalling. Unless of course you''re an illiterate child and then I apologise.[/quote]

yes I have and yes I am...

deal with it.

Must admit, i held a belief for a long while, it''s only since playing under Adams that i fear he can''t make it in the prem. He''s had decent chances and it''s been clear what Adams has expected from him. Neither he''s grasped.

Most strikers who get to his point will start to put power behind shots in the hope of ''getting lucky'', we''ve seen Hooper hit from distance and score using this method, i fear his hunger has been overtaken by dissapointment.

When he had the ball against United and had no support, surrounded by rio etc. he didn''t run towards the goal, and he didn''t just have a wild pot shot. He froze.

I''ve also never seen King Iwan be so dismissive of a current City player as he''s been on twitter in the past few months, he knows his stuff and has stated multiple times that he can''t see RvW scoring. That for me, is another huge indication.

I cannot see any way that Ricky''s (albeit only) goal was lucky.

Lucky in the sense that Whittaker''s mishit volley picked him out, maybe. But the finish was quality and left one of the PL''s best keepers rooted to the spot.

There''s a multitude of reasons that this season has turned out as a write-off for him and I believe his solitary goal shows that in the right environment he can come good.

There''s a good chance ricky will stay I think, its basically down to him (whether its good for the club or not i don''t know).

He wants to play in the premier league, but he''s ballsed his chance up as no other team in the PL will want him, only lots of European clubs. The only chance he has of getting in the premier league again is with us. If he plays well this season and we go up, his confidence will be there and it will look as if we have a real player on our hands. However, if he stays and play like he has this season (and theres no reason to suggest otherwise) then he''s gonna find it tough against the physical defenders in the Champs. I''m not sure what i''d do if I was him, perhaps wait to see who the manager is because there''s a good chance we''ll go straight back up again. (hooper and Becchio in the championship - yes please)

Didier Drogba''s first season in the premiership is on a par with RVW Both injured during the season and both could not score for toffee. Drogba did improve in his second season could RVW ?

Why laugh GC? The comparison being made is the pre-success phase - not the obvious glory stuff Drogba achieved after his slow start.

I think it''s a good point.

Iwan Roberts was a slow starter in his first season wearing yellow too...

daft as it sounds if he does stay and we are relegated he will probably do well

The top division in Portugal despite its UEFA rank isn''t that great - he would probably adapt to the champ quite well and would have a massive confidence boost

So much would depend on the Manager and the system used.

Having paid the amount we have we might be better off seeing what a bit of confidence can produce

It must be hell carrying 20 thousand on your back every home game!

[quote user="The Butler"]

So much would depend on the Manager and the system used.

Having paid the amount we have we might be better off seeing what a bit of confidence can produce

It must be hell carrying 20 thousand on your back every home game!

[/quote]

I agree, or I would if he played every home game. At the moment he''d compete to get in an all time sh1t XI with of Coney, Cureton and Sheron.