Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

The buck has to stop with players

Change of managers has not worked so it has to be players fault,they have been constant in this shocking season.If they are not prem standard,fair enough but we keep hearing they are our strongest squad for a long while and that means they all have let the club and fans down and perhaps the managers.Have they once this season put in a full 90 mins of good football,doubtfull.There has been a constant show of poor passing,slow build up,bad control,holding back on tackles,scoring goals,bad defending and lack of any leadership and passion.Some of these players are not fit to wear the yellow and green.Ihope that come the summer the whole squad is changed and we start to rebuild a squad of players that want to put their life on the line for N C F C.Most of this lot in a few weeks will be off on very expensive holidays without a care in the world.Cheers to you all for letting this club down big time.

It may be not so much the attitude of the players as their ability.

We have players who are committed, but lack pace for the Premiership - Martin, Whittaker, Garrido, Turner, Snoddy (strange that they are all in the defence except the last?)

We have one of two who are committed but are not really of Premiership ability, - Johnson, Becchio, (Tettey?), RvW, Hooper, Martin, Whittaker

We have one or two of ability but wavering commitment - Fer ( or is he playing out of position?)

We have one or two with ability but are not playing in their best position - Redmond, Benno

Our "didn''t turn up" mentality seems to be a collective one. On Saturday at Old Trafford, were they all/mostly overcome by the atmosphere, fear, or whatever?

I agree with the pigman, that passing has been woeful on occasions, but even worse was the unwillingness to run into a position to receive a pass - hence our slow and poor passing record. I would exempt some players. If the players lack ability or pace, in some cases the manager at the time must be responsible.

I would also say that it is the manager''s task to inculcate confidence and willingness to try. I was not the greatest fan of Lambert, but at least his did this.I had hoped that Adams could also achieve it, but at Old Trafford it was revealed that after such a season he couldn''t.

Well lets blame Lambert for leaving as well,perhaps its all his fault.There was a team spirit back then even through players coming and going but now there does not seem to be any at all.No I stick to my words these players have let everyone down.

I blame everyone as thats much easier than having to think about it and spoil my day..........we now need someone to blame for getting us back up next season.....

I blame Joseph Nutchey and Robert Webster for forming the club in 1902.... look at the mess they have got us into!

Right then I blame Derek who I sit next to as he predicts that we will win every game 2 1.Even sitting next to him and listening to his footballing wisdom is more entertaining than the footy.

Regardless of how the managers have performed, an absolute fact is that the players haven''t performed all season. None of them have hit any kind of form. Who''s ''fault'' is that apart from their own?

None of them? Are you sure Nicko?

Anyway. I blame the fans. We''re all useless. Especially City 2nd. It''s mainly his fault really...

Yeah I don''t think any of them have been at the height of their game. Shades from Snodgrass and Olsson. Thats it for me though!

It''s funny that people now bring out the "he assembled this squad so it''s Hughton''s fault" argument.

Because previously we have heard that the players were good enough and it was his lack of ability to get the best out of the squad (a la Lambert), or that the signings were nothing to do with Hughton and all to do with the scouting team (a la Snodgrass) when we thought they might be good players.

Which is it? Did the players put in more effort against L''pool than Man U - and if so is it now Adams'' fault?

[quote user="I.S."]It''s funny that people now bring out the "he assembled this squad so it''s Hughton''s fault" argument.

Because previously we have heard that the players were good enough and it was his lack of ability to get the best out of the squad (a la Lambert), or that the signings were nothing to do with Hughton and all to do with the scouting team (a la Snodgrass) when we thought they might be good players.

Which is it? Did the players put in more effort against L''pool than Man U - and if so is it now Adams'' fault?[/quote]Its which ever reason that suits at the time[Y]

I don''t really understand this thread? Like many other ones...

Of course some of the blame lies with the players, Hughton lost his job because he is responsible for coaching, motivating and setting up the tactics for the team to play well, but he is not entirely responsible when that doesn''t happen.

What should the club have done, started sacking miss firing senior players?

Confidence breeds success, and success generally breeds more success, there has been a lack of confidence shown by manager, players and supporters (and board?) in what we were trying to achieve this year and ultimately the main focal point is the manager. All the other areas are factors and affect the performance on the pitch but theres one guy who carries the buck.

By same the token you can''t expect everything to change overnight because you remove him.

Perhaps the time has come for the players to come out and ad they admit it is their fault the team is in this position.What happened to the players at the start of the season that had world cup hopes,R V W,Fer,Hooper,Howson and Ruddy.They really have not performed,that is down to them,ok Ruddy not so bad but not his best season.The players lap up the good times so they should face the blame when they when they are not up to scratch.

Yeah, nothing to do with how their coached, how their set up, how their

motivated. That squad is more than capable of surviving in this division

and with the right management it would have. I find it hard to see how Sunderland, Palace, Stoke, West Brom, maybe Hull, maybe even

Villa have superior squads to ours, yet they all sit above us in the

table.

I''m amazed that some people are still sticking up for the players and placing no blame on them at all.

Nobody is blameless, and that includes the board, previous manager, and the players.

[quote user="I.S."]I''m amazed that some people are still sticking up for the players and placing no blame on them at all.

Nobody is blameless, and that includes the board, previous manager, and the players.[/quote]I think you''ll find it is likely linked as to whether or not they wanted Hughton out or not.

Looks like they want Adams out now then and as I said before what about the ones that thought they could go to the world cup,no matter what manager they had to perform for themselves and they did not.

We got it wrong from top to bottom. A very average limited manager with an abhorrent footballing philosophy was kept on far too long by a complacent, weak minded board. The scouting team failed miserably with the players we attempted to sign. For some reason we abandoned signing players with a a lot of character and mental strength and suddenly started going down the mercenary route while at the same time not improving the quality of the team one bit.

Lastly this team, in the right hands should not get relegated from this league, but they are on the whole, the most spineless, disinterested, lazy bunch of losers i''ve seen assembled into a team here. I can forgive lack of quality, but never a lack of effort or commitment

[quote user="I.S."]It''s funny that people now bring out the "he assembled this squad so it''s Hughton''s fault" argument.

Which is it? Did the players put in more effort against L''pool than Man U - and if so is it now Adams'' fault?[/quote]It''s clearly a mixture of all of these elements which is why the board felt the right thing to do was give Hughton as much time as they felt possible to prove he could turn the side around. Of course he has had 4 transfer windows and 2 seasons to build a squad he wanted with no players sold from underneath him and a healthy transfer budget this Summer. Unfortunately it never quite looked like it worked for Hughton so eventually he lost his position at the club as he couldn''t get his vision and football philosophy (whatever that might have been) to work at the club.It may have been the attempts to change the team rigidly from an attacking team looking to outscore oppositions to a side looking to draw a game 0-0 as a first objective. Neither styles are wrong but it was possibly too big a transition for a small team trying to cement a place in the top flight at the same time.