Sign in to follow this  
pete

Good news Fer fancied apparently

Everton interested in the lazy dutchman after proving his fitness. Get what we paid and get his salary off the bill hopefully. The Dutch venture hasn''t paid off dramatically.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/48006-toffees-set-sights-on-holland-international.php

[quote user="pete"]Everton interested in the lazy dutchman after proving his fitness. Get what we paid and get his salary off the bill hopefully. The Dutch venture hasn''t paid off dramatically.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/48006-toffees-set-sights-on-holland-international.php[/quote]You wanted rid of McNally yesterday and now it''s Fer''s turn. To save you having to start a daily thread about who you want out next, why not start one about them all?  It''ll get boring by the time we get down to the youth team. [:S]

You next tsser. Just info for anyone interested. McNally is culpable and should go.

Why is this good news?He hasn''t been bad, just inconsistent. But you could level that at most of our players.

Imo Fer has struggled in an ever changing midfield, through injuries to different players, including himself.  Either he, Howson ot Tettey have been injured and only small windows where we could play all three - our best three imo - which would have given him - and us - the best opportunity to shine.  

whether you rate him or not he wont be here next season

hopefully we can sell him as part of some sort of double dutch deal buy one get van wolfswinkel free

I have to confess at having been a bit disappointed with Fer, he doesnt seem to have performed well often enough - though that''s pretty-much like the rest of them.

I would be disappointed to lose him but then I''m of the school of thought that our best chance of making a quick return would be to hang on to as many of the current squad as possible.

I know others appear to want a complete clear-out but I feel that this could be the recipe for disaster. There will be inevitable changes for sure but I would hope for them to be applied through a measured approach rather than as a panic measure.

Agree completely Broadstairs - the more we can keep the better. Getting rid of the squad and buying second rate replacements - we''ve been there before!

Fer has been inconsistent I agree but when plays well he looks our best player. I also remember him comming on against Watford along with Murphy and turning the entire match, I''m pretty much sure we can do with players like that should we go down. I do think other teams will be in for him though so think it unlikely he''ll stay.

I think Fer has struggled with the pace of the premier league while being in a weak team. Obviously has quality and will be a much better player next season in a better team. No chance of him staying

Fer and Van Wolfswinkel are exactly the type of players we need to keep. It was a big ask for two YOUNG Dutch players to arrive in England and take the Premier league by storm. They will only get better and will be regulars for the Dutch national team. This season has been a massive learning curve for them and most of the criticism has been unfair. Players such as Martin, Bassong, Whittaker are the ones who need to look at themselves as they are the older heads and should have lead by example. They are the players I would be getting rid of, not Fer or any of the promising youngsters such as Wolfy, Ollson, Redmond.

Why would Everton be interested in Fer if he really is as bad as you think he is, pete?

I seem to remember that Everton were in for Fer last season and would have bought him if Fellaini had moved to another club. Fellaini''s move from Goodison fell through that time so Everton didn''t pursue the matter. For some weird reason it was said that Fer had failed his medical.Now that Fellaini''s left Everton maybe the Toffee''s want to try again ?

Why would we sell any players? Especially young players that are still growing and haven''t yet reached their prime? I''f take out the older, slower guys - like Snodgrass and Hoolahan and Martin and give youth it''s head... maybe even re-sign Pacheco :-)

There is nothing good about any news that a quality player may be leaving CR, where is the good news in that, there is an awefull lot of scum floating around this board!!

Fer is a super player.

Struggled to adapt to the English game? Yes

Shown glimpses of quality? Yes

Would we be poorer without him? Hell Yes

If we lose some of our so-called flops this season we will be looking back this time next year and be saying "Why couldn''t they play like that for us?"

We have some quality players at the club who have either not been able to adapt to the English game or to a restrictive system that has been imposed upon them.

Fer has struggled this season with one thing - the pace and tempo of the premier league.

He has shown he has great technical ability, a good turn of pace, a fantastic range of passing but he has also shown he is still transitioning from Dutch football where it would appear he is used to having longer on the ball.

The last few games have really highlighted that. At times it makes him appear to be a bit leggy but I feel it''s just that he is not expecting challenges snapping in so quickly and that he feels he has enough time for another touch when he doesn''t.

Dreaded first season for him, I expect he''ll do really well in a second season either with us or someone else.

Fer and RV 1 goal W would get crucified by the thugs in the Chumps.

We need another Holt..  ................or Martin!

I appreciate that this is a high-risk strategy, but I for one would be very interested to see  how this squad, inc the likes of Fer, (or at least those who are prepared to stick around in the Championship) will perform when run by a decent manager and an enlightened set of coaching staff. Hughton''s mismanagement of the squad he had at is disposal is,thankfully, history, and I just wonder if , given someone who knows what he''s doing ,NCFC could belatedly get these guys to fulfil the promise they unquestionably have.

[quote user="GC"]He''d be good value Fer the money.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha geddit??!!![/quote]

GC after a quip like that the appropriate second line is "Yes, I know I will get my coat"

Fer is a quality player, the kind you could build a team around.

At the start of the season he was happy to be in the Prem and it showed in his football, but the joy was sucked out of him.

He can play some great passes, has goals in him and can tackle. What stops him from having the potential to be a great number 10?