Sign in to follow this  
Sir Blobfish OBE

Would you take Allardyce if he is sacked

I would with some doubt experienced in both the championship and prem leagues and plays robust football. Only struggling at west ham because their fans are a gaggle of t*ts

Obviously yes. It''s not even a debate. But just for Wiz''s sake let''s do the comparison:Allardyce - Proven track record at several clubs of over acheiving, promotions, making clubs very competitive.Neil Adams - No experience, was on the radio a couple of years ago, lost his first three games, would be a disaster if he got the job next year when we go down.Rosler - Not enough experience, sorry but you have to earn the right to manage at higher levels over a sustained periodDi Matteo - Would be a good choice, but nowhere near as safe a pair of hands as AllardyceHughton - Would have been perfect to get us promoted, shame he was hounded out by impatient fans who don''t seem to understand salary budgets have a direct influence on league position, however not as good an option as Allardyce assuming he is available with no compensation (if he gets sacked by West Ham after being hounded out by impatient fans who don''t seem to understand they have a very good manager).Curbishley - Still amazingly being linked with every vacancy going, but surely after six years out of the game he''s no longer a viable option?I could go on, but basically; Allardyce? Yes.

Would he get us promotion to the premier league? Yes.
Would he keep us in the premier league? Yes.
Would he play in a style that would make us clamour for the return of Chris Hugton? Quite Possibly.

yes but don''t think he will come here, a proven prem manager. miles better than some of these names going about malky,adams etc

No thanks. I thought the days of non-football were over? This man is the epitome of non-football.

There''s a very basic choice about whether we want to play football the Norwich way or not. It might be an option to go against the Norwich way in order to get promoted, but it then becomes a difficult habit to break as people clamour for the safety provided by the anti-football of managers like Allardyce.

We''ve had two seasons of constant moaning about the quality of football, so do people really think this would be an appropriate appointment?

YES, he is one of the best in the business, and the team would definately visit Dubai every winter break as he cant stay away from the place.

he would probably get city back up quicker than mosthoweverhes also one of the most expensive managers around, and if it did go wrong would cost a fortune to pay offphelan and culverhouse please

Begrudgingly, for some.......[:D]

We should use relegation as an opportunity to build for the long term, do a Swansea/Soton, not do the same, stale old routine like a lot of clubs. Allardyce is not the option we should be looking for.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Not many people minded Hughton when he was winning.I''d take him in a heartbeat. Don''t think he''d come here though. [/quote]

really, even when we won i minded hughton being here

Sadly, the N&N Hospital would never be able to cope with the number of supporters and midfield players turning up with irretrievably stiff necks caused by staring upwards as the ball made its way from our penalty area to the opposition penalty area at a height of about two hundred feet dozens of times a game so no thank you.

Do not disagree Herman - we should build if we can.

I was just making a point that consumer satisfaction tends not to be an issue if you are winning.

As to Allardyce - I do not see him as a realistic option, so its a bit of a non question.

Nope. I didn''t like CH football and Allardyce is just a different kind of non-football. The game is about attacking and scoring goals after all.

I will join the no brigade. But if Pulis was still at Stoke we would be horrified if he was linked to us. And he has shown at Palarse that we would have been wrong.