Sign in to follow this  
My name is Robert Brompton

Social Media management at NCFC

I seem to recall a while back the Club advertising for the position of Social Media Manager or some such job title.

It strikes me that the use of social media by the Club has actually deteriorated of late and the debacle over POTS has simply been one further example of this. To open up voting as they did was a basic error that surely could have been foreseen by almost anyone with even the slightest understanding of the context of modern football.

I wonder who they appointed and whether they were actually familiar with the way that the modern day fan interacts with one another, supporters of other clubs, the media, and digital content generally. In particular I wonder if they knew or understood Norwich supporters and their relationship with the Club.

Does anyone know who was appointed and what the strategy is now? It strikes me that the real challenges of Social Media arise when times are tough - managing success is far easier. Right now the Club''s Social Media approach seems to be being exposed as unfit for purpose.

Robert Brompton

A couple of the City social media team left a year or so ago, to Cardiff + Leicester and it went downhill very rapidly after that. (I’m assuming it was these two that did this). I just do twitter and not Facebook so cannot comment on that.

Nowadays I follow the club twitter just to see how bad it has become, constant re-posts of the same stories, banal re-tweets of rubbish, the low point of which was a picture of a girl with two M+M’s on her tongue, one yellow and one green.

The link from the pic that the NCFC official feed tweeted is here

https://twitter.com/jessicatopson/status/391204449903198210/photo/1

There were a few inaccurate comments with pictures posted as well. The recent Chelsea tactical analysis was just painful to read.

It’s only really worth following between 3pm/5pm Saturday afternoon if I’m out and about; that aside it’s just bad.

Yes as the OP has mentioned, it’s tough when we are having a bad time of it on the pitch but surely they can do better?

Tim

not to mention the state of the clubs website, and the fact that most of the content on Canary World is available through youtube, the radio or MOTD. Shocking, and the video quality is awful as well.

Bumped just in case NCFC media office did not spot this thread on their routine trawl of this messageboard. [;)]

Bumped again...........Canaries World available through You tube for free fooks me off![:@]

The idea of paying for canaries world is backward and stupid anyway. I totally agree with the OP as well, it is "the social media age" if you like, and we could be doing it so much better than we are. Wouldn''t surprise me if we''ve just got an intern on there with no experience more than their own personal Twitter and Facebook profiles.

The POTS voting via Twitter has been used for at least the last two seasons, so you can''t blame them for that.I agree that the quality of posts have gone down, it''s like someone went to a ''social media masterclass'' and just brain farted the whole thing over the feed.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Bumped just in case NCFC media office did not spot this thread on their routine trawl of this messageboard. [;)][/quote]

You don''t think they do that do you Tilly?

AND keep records of what people have posted .

Heaven forbid[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Bumped just in case NCFC media office did not spot this thread on their routine trawl of this messageboard. [;)][/quote]

You don''t think they do that do you Tilly?

AND keep records of what people have posted .

Heaven forbid[;)]

[/quote]

It has been turned into an art Butler since a certain someone joined the payroll a few years back. [:P]

Butler and Tilly, the geriatric Cagney and Lacey of our time.

No offence chaps, just guessing you''re at the dinosaurs end of the timeline.

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]not to mention the state of the clubs website, and the fact that most of the content on Canary World is available through youtube, the radio or MOTD. Shocking, and the video quality is awful as well.[/quote]What video quality do you mean Hamstead? They have recently clearly spent some money on new staff and equipment. The quality has improved dramatically since that Welsh lad kept leaving his mic in shot, cutting speech in the press conferences over shots of the same person saying something completely different and the rest.More recently, the interviews have been shot very nicely with a high quality camera and the content, such as the training videos and tunnel cam are vastly improved. There is some real thought gone into it such as the Go-Pro shot looking down at the press in the post match press conference.