Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Coincidence ?

With 45 mins to go in the Championship season and a couple of games in the Prem, I wonder if it''s any coincidence that the two teams that Mr Chris Hughton has had anything to do with over the last 3 years , as it stands, are both going to be relegated ?

or..........is it any coincidence that the two teams that Chris Hughton has had anything to do with over the last 3 years were NOT in the relegation zone when he left them, but ended up in it after he left and could both be relegated?

I dont think its his fault if brum get relegated, more to do with selling their best players and replacing them with teenage loan players. Feel sorry for Lee Clark. Too much going on behind the scenes.

Hughton has nothing to do with Birmingham''s demise (took them to the playoffs).

Hughton has everything to do with our demise (12 wins in last 53 league games).

It''s very difficult to build up a team up after having a negative, defensive, defeatist mindset and way of playing drilled into you for so long.

You can see the difference in Adams'' approach most of the time but the players will occasionally still stand off or forget to press or pass it backwards in fear of making a mistake that''s still ingrained in them from the old way of playing and it takes a long time to shake that off. Teams always look shakey when trying to go from a negative to positive approach

Teams often struggle after sacking a negative, turgid defensive manager. But just as an aside, I feel there is a place in the game for managers like Pulis/Allardyce that achieve results by playing a very basic, agricultural, long ball game built around a well drilled defense.

But fans will never accept ultra cautious, just plain negative football that doesn''t achieve results such as the one that the likes of Hughton/Mcleish etc drill into teams.

As it is the centenary I suppose you might like to blame the Great War on Hughton as well.

Or you could wiki Carson Yeung.

Wow, the Hughton haters are getting really desperate now...

[quote user="I.S."]Wow, the Hughton haters are getting really desperate now...[/quote]

^^^This.

Hughton Haters ? It''s not Hughton the man I hate. It''s what he''s done to our football club.To be fair , the Birmingham reference was a bit ironic/tongue in cheek. Of course I know that there are other factors at work at St Andrews ...

[quote user="lharman7"]Awww it''s so cute that people are still sticking up for Hughton! Big cuddles![/quote]Its more about how moronic it is still going on about him, when he''s not even here anymore.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Awww it''s so cute that people are still sticking up for Hughton! Big cuddles![/quote]Its more about how moronic it is still going on about him, when he''s not even here anymore.[/quote]Well you would certainly know all there is to know about moronic postings, Morty .

Not a Hughton supporter by any stretch of the imagination but he has had his moments in football management.

He did all that was asked of him at Newcastle and many Toon fans speak quite highly of him.

He did a reasonable job keeping Brum afloat despite massive restraints.

I am also grateful to him for manoeuvring our survival last season under difficult circumstances as it was a tough ask after Lambert and inheriting that defence. He ensured that we continued to feast at the top table for a further season and has thus contributed to our much vaunted financial security.

Overall his stint at the helm here has been a bit of a nightmare, but let''s not deny the man his moments, including a few more than decent results this season.

Well, I''m sure we''ll all agree that Hughton did a wonderful job at Birmingham to keep them up this season.

[quote user="I.S."]Well, I''m sure we''ll all agree that Hughton did a wonderful job at Birmingham to keep them up this season.[/quote][:D]

What a great game that was. I just hope we see the same level of fight from our players tomorrow.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Awww it''s so cute that people are still sticking up for Hughton! Big cuddles![/quote]Its more about how moronic it is still going on about him, when he''s not even here anymore.[/quote]

Yes but it''s still NCFC related so the OP can post what he likes. If people don''t like it they can always move along.

I for one don''t blame people for hating on Hughton seeing as though it''s likely he has relegated us!

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Awww it''s so cute that people are still sticking up for Hughton! Big cuddles![/quote]Its more about how moronic it is still going on about him, when he''s not even here anymore.[/quote]

Yes but it''s still NCFC related so the OP can post what he likes. If people don''t like it they can always move along.

I for one don''t blame people for hating on Hughton seeing as though it''s likely he has relegated us![/quote]But Birmingham are staying up, so if the OP is right then so are we.YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I see, so it''s alright for people to post threads that are not really very Norwich related, but it''s not alright for people to post in response to that...?

As others have said, if we go down but the players show as much commitment as Birmingham/Brighton have today then it would make you wonder why they didn''t do it last week.

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Awww it''s so cute that people are still sticking up for Hughton! Big cuddles![/quote]Its more about how moronic it is still going on about him, when he''s not even here anymore.[/quote]

I for one don''t blame people for hating on Hughton seeing as though it''s likely he has relegated us![/quote]Quite so lharman.I''m not suggesting, and never have that CH has a monopoly of blame re our demise, but he''s played a bl**dy big part in it .Morty and his like have ended up with damn great lumps of egg on their faces (or could well have over the next few days). If , by a quirk of results, I end up with the egg, I''ll be happy to hold my hands up. But still they are trying to sweep it under the carpet, by the usual insults etc. I suppose once an apologist/denier, always an apologist/denier.

I don''t think you can blame Hughton for Birmingham''s woes this season, but when I saw their final playoff game two years ago you could only describe Brum''s football as turgid.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"]Awww it''s so cute that people are still sticking up for Hughton! Big cuddles![/quote]Its more about how moronic it is still going on about him, when he''s not even here anymore. [/quote]

I for one don''t blame people for hating on Hughton seeing as though it''s likely he has relegated us![/quote]Quite so lharman.I''m not suggesting, and never have that CH has a monopoly of blame re our demise, but he''s played a bl**dy big part in it . Morty and his like have ended up with damn great lumps of egg on their faces (or could well have over the next few days). If , by a quirk of results, I end up with the egg, I''ll be happy to hold my hands up. But still they are trying to sweep it under the carpet, by the usual insults etc. I suppose once an apologist/denier, always an apologist/denier.[/quote]

What some people seem top do is spend their lives trying to find someone to blame.  There are no winners or losers in this, no rights or wrongs worth speaking about.  We were on the edge of picking up so many points this season, but didn''t for whatever reason, post, bar, great saves, poor ref decisions, Snoddy''s penalty, injuries.   Yes, Hughton''s reign had to end and he looked to have run out of ideas, but the problems have occurred all season for all sorts of reasons.  It could easily have gone the other way too.   Amongst all the problems, we don''t seem to have had much luck.  

The worst thing for me these last two seasons has been the constant drip effect of negativity from fans, claiming every game has been terrible.  It hasn''t - until recently we had been on course - and there had been sufficient results to warrant the board''s stance.   I said on another thread today that negativity amongst fans will affect a football club.  If you believe you can have a positive effect on a club by the way you support - then the opposite has to be true too -  you can have a negative effect by the way you support.  That negativity is something those that think they were "right"  should maybe consider before they go laying in to people who they think were "wrong".  Fine, if you think that''s all bunkum,  but there is still no need for egg - on anybody''s face.