Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Are City being too careful?.

I must point out that I wasn''t haven''t a go at Percy Vibes, or indeed, any other poster with the name Percy in his username.

I was referring to the collective group of posters on here who can''t get their heads out of the sand or see past Delia''s Z list celebrity status!

Z list? You are letting your hate cloud your perception. There are not many in this land who would not recognise Delia so that at least ranks her as a "B lister"....

[quote user="bunny"]Z list? You are letting your hate cloud your perception. There are not many in this land who would not recognise Delia so that at least ranks her as a "B lister"....[/quote]

I never thought I''d say this to you Bunny, but thanks for the best laugh this year, B list indeed!...[:D][:D][:D][:''(][:''(]

but isnt that what transfer windows about?   renewing hope for the next season?

This one is no different to any over the next 20 seasons;  I will be hoping for some real progress on building the squad,   and like the majority of previous years (pre  as well as post current board)  I am likely to be disappointed.

What I do have is more confidence that Roeder will spend more effectively than Grant last year and Worthy the 2 years before that.  Whether that confidence is mis-placed only time will tell...

So despite our finish to the season I am already optimistic for next season - I hope that remains for the big season kickoff!!! 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

This one is no different to any over the next 20 seasons;  I will be hoping for some real progress on building the squad,   and like the majority of previous years (pre  as well as post current board)  I am likely to be disappointed.

What I do have is more confidence that Roeder will spend more effectively than Grant last year and Worthy the 2 years before that.  Whether that confidence is mis-placed only time will tell...

So despite our finish to the season I am already optimistic for next season - I hope that remains for the big season kickoff!!! 

[/quote] Surely simply because of the sheer numbers needed and the fact that we barely have a backbone to the squad to build around this is a most extraordinary transfer period we are approaching?Wiz, quite right it''s not to score points off you or anyone else  for that matter, I resurrected this thread simply because by the beginning of May I am already sick to death of being told to give Glen time, and wait ''til the season kicks off before judging, some have suggested a minimum of 10 games, others ''til the Jan window etc. etc. I like many others am not rashly calling for Glenns head but merely highlighting the fact that we''ve all been here before and tbh nigh on every transfer period in the last five years has ended with us having a progressively WORSE team. This coming Summer is a watershed for the Club. Especially in the Boardroom, I''ve got a feeling that Delia and MWJ will step aside rather than down and some serious investment will be made, I hope so because I just cannot see them releasing the neccesary level of funding needed to rebuild the squad to adequtely survive let alone compete in this Div.

[quote user="Percy Negative"]

Surely simply because of the sheer numbers needed and the fact that we barely have a backbone to the squad to build around this is a most extraordinary transfer period we are approaching?

[/quote]

I think the upheaval needed last season was even larger than the one this year,  but this one is probably bigger than the needs of the one before that.  Concerning , but do-able but it will need some investment.

As I said - I hope I still have my optimism/hope come August.

[quote user="Percy Negative"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Surely simply because of the sheer numbers needed and the fact that we barely have a backbone to the squad to build around this is a most extraordinary transfer period we are approaching?

Wiz, quite right it''s not to score points off you or anyone else  for that matter, I resurrected this thread simply because by the beginning of May I am already sick to death of being told to give Glen time, and wait ''til the season kicks off before judging, some have suggested a minimum of 10 games, others ''til the Jan window etc. etc. I like many others am not rashly calling for Glenns head but merely highlighting the fact that we''ve all been here before and tbh nigh on every transfer period in the last five years has ended with us having a progressively WORSE team. This coming Summer is a watershed for the Club. Especially in the Boardroom, I''ve got a feeling that Delia and MWJ will step aside rather than down and some serious investment will be made, I hope so because I just cannot see them releasing the neccesary level of funding needed to rebuild the squad to adequtely survive let alone compete in this Div.
[/quote]

Like you Percy, I''m sick of it too mate, but the sheep, as dear old Clucky refered to those rose tinted spectacles brigade, won''t see it like that.

Even being relegated to the conference wouldn''t have shifted the blind fools.

They wrongly believe that things will get better next month, next year etc etc.........and it never does.....and it never will whilst that stupid and arrogant woman holds the purse strings and shares of this club.

Thanks to you bringing this thread back after such a long time, the lies have been nailed, and I''ve been vindicated at long last. The bonus being that one or two of the club puppets on here have been proved to be what they really are....................total and complete idiots!.

Thank you, I owe you a big thanks.[Y]

Dizzy....

do you fancy deals dizzy? do ya hey? awww.

no serious note... would rather be a percy and look on the jolly old bright side of life and actually enjoy supporting the club than being a miserable old conspiracy theorist mumbling about those nasty people in the board room.

Sack Roeder, get Huckerby on a free - Sell Huckerby, Sell Marshall, Deals out! Mumbles out! Obi wancaster out!

umm... who we going to get in? silly us.

[quote user="Polar"]

Dizzy....

no serious note... would rather be a percy and look on the jolly old bright side of life and actually enjoy supporting the club than being a miserable old conspiracy theorist mumbling about those nasty people in the board room.

Sack Roeder, get Huckerby on a free - Sell Huckerby, Sell Marshall, Deals out! Mumbles out! Obi wancaster out!

[/quote]

There''s a few posters, who backed the board and past signings on page one of this thread minty boy, just like you''re doing right now, they too made total pra*s of themselves..

Carry on the good work!.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"]

Dizzy....

[/quote]

There''s a few posters, who backed the board and past signings on page one of this thread minty boy, just like you''re doing right now, they too made total pra*s of themselves..

[/quote]as opposed to making a prat of yourself by changing your mind every thirty seconds you mean?sorry dizzy, but if anyones in the clown camp here you''re certainly one whose earnt it, yes deals and co have made mistakes, but this time they have no choice.wait and see what happens dizzo

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"]

Dizzy....

[/quote]

[/quote]

as opposed to making a prat of yourself by changing your mind every thirty seconds you mean?

sorry dizzy, but if anyones in the clown camp here you''re certainly one whose earnt it, yes deals and co have made mistakes, but this time they have no choice.

wait and see what happens dizzo
[/quote]

This thread is living proof that I haven''t changed my mind in 3 years Minty, inconvenient for your arguement I know, but its fact!.

Thats a better record than most on here...........including your goodself.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"]

Dizzy....

[/quote]

[/quote]

as opposed to making a prat of yourself by changing your mind every thirty seconds you mean?

sorry dizzy, but if anyones in the clown camp here you''re certainly one whose earnt it, yes deals and co have made mistakes, but this time they have no choice.

[/quote]

This thread is living proof that I haven''t changed my mind in 3 years Minty, inconvenient for your arguement I know, but its fact!.

[/quote]

More Ya Boo Sucks - I''m right and you are wrong. Yawn.

What about something constuctive and positive Wiz? Rather than ''I''m right again'' - something that many posters may wish to contest.

[quote user="Steve Burns"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"]

Dizzy....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

More Ya Boo Sucks - I''m right and you are wrong. Yawn.

What about something constuctive and positive Wiz? Rather than ''I''m right again'' - something that many posters may wish to contest.

[/quote]

Be fair here Steve, Polar (minty) claimed I''m always changing my mind, this clearly is a mistake or malice on his part. Page 1 of this thread written by me three years ago nails that lie.

I have a right to prove his allegations in this instance are false.

And when the club start behaving in a positive manner....................I will then adjust my tone to reflect it.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"]

Dizzy....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Dizzy... it just proves you''ve changed your mind, changed it again, changed your mind, changed it again and so on and so forth, just because Delia isn''t your flavour of the month doesnt mean that your mind doesn''t change as often as the time of day.

I would go and find all your old threads to prove you wrong but really do have alot of other better things to do than to prove your reputation is rather comic, which everyone already realises.

Would love to see you prove any occasion when i''ve ever changed my views Dizzy, please go ahead.

Minty... touche.

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"]

Dizzy....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Dizzy... it just proves you''ve changed your mind, changed it again, changed your mind, changed it again and so on and so forth, just because Delia isn''t your flavour of the month doesnt mean that your mind doesn''t change as often as the time of day.

I would go and find all your old threads to prove you wrong but really do have alot of other better things to do than to prove your reputation is rather comic, which everyone already realises.

Would love to see you prove any occasion when i''ve ever changed my views Dizzy, please go ahead.

Minty... touche.

[/quote]

Argue with the dates on this thread minty..............unlike somethings, they don''t lie!!.