Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Congratulations Sunderland

Congratulations Sunderland, deservedly staying up. Draw at Man City, and wins vs Chelsea and United has saved your season by passion and correct tactics.

I know mathematically it''s still not a done deal, but we all know in our heads it''s Norwich for the drop probably tomorrow when we''ll have our usual collapse against Chelsea.

Bring on the Championship, a few personnel changes and hopefully we''ll get our old Norwich City back, where we can start to unite and enjoy football once again.

Completely deserved. 7 points from Chelsea, United and City and a team playing with fight, belief and desire.

yes fair play to the mackems, not sure how much credit poyet can take? after the everton defeat he publicly threw in the towell... maybe that took the pressure off the players but i don''t think it was an act ... and have to say scummer wickham suddenly looks the complete target man ... unbelievable really but there you go [:(]

We deserve to be where we are, they deserve to be where they are.

It''s as simple as that, this is entirely our own fault.

We relied on other team''s ineptitude too long, and this is what we get.

A gutless board refusing to make a positive move until we had no winnable games left made for a Cinderella finish to Sunderland''s season. And we''re the ugly step-sisters.

Football can throw up some strange stuff, but this is as strange as it gets. When Sun''land came to CR they actually managed to make us look good. Back comes Wickham, from the cold, and they hit championship form.

As someone once said, you couldn''t make it up.

How has this happened???

After beating Sunderland at home talking to their fans with them convinced they were relegated and that we were safe after that game....

Oh how things change in a hurry

All very nice, and well done to them, but is this not a bit ''tinpot''/''little Norwich'' us congratulating a side that has all-but relegated us?

Sunderland didn''t all but relegate us, that was West Brom and Fulham

The timing of Moyes'' sacking, along with Rooney''s absence today, was a kick in the goolies for Norwich.

I''m not sure how much is due to the defending of Norwich and Sunderland, but with 11 shots on target last week, and just two shots on target this week, two different ManUs obviously turned up.

Playing Liverpool immediately after they had beaten their main rival was not ideal, and playing Chelsea with only the PL to play for, is disastrous.

Having said all that, Norwich players haven''t helped themselves with their inept displays.....

[quote user="Houston Canary"]We relied on other team''s ineptitude too long, and this is what we get.

A gutless board refusing to make a positive move until we had no winnable games left made for a Cinderella finish to Sunderland''s season. And we''re the ugly step-sisters.

.[/quote]

Winnable games? Sunderland have found a way to win them.

The board backed the man they thought was best for the job until we, the supporters, bottled them out of it. We''ve been left with a PE teacher holding the fort and have collapsed just like the pundits said we would.

It now looks likely that we need to win both games for the bonkers gamble to pay off. There''s still life in her yet....

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 03/05/2014 5:52 PM:

All very nice, and well done to them, but is this not a bit ''tinpot''/''little Norwich''

There is a relish on this board to celebrate our weaknesses and dismiss our strengths. There is also a worrying trend of what appear to be long term posters jumping to support threads started by Scummers. It''s shocking!

The season was primarily lost with the losses or draws against the Fulham''s, West Broms and Cardiffs. Even the 0-1 loss vs a 10-man Hull gave an indication early on. Hughton''s lack of motivation and ability to change tactics was a big contributor, as well as not strengthening in January, when for many it was obviously required. Adams appointment also showed that the board did not seriously expect us to have the ability to stay up, else they would have gone for a more proven manager with ability to motivate and make the big changes required. Cost cutting started in January with the two loan signings. This is when Hughton should have been replaced and a new Manager allowed to make a couple of big signings.

Prudence has cost us our Premier League place, and those slating the little-old-Norwich ethos, I''m afraid that''s where we are, and have been for the past few decades. Only a change of ownership with a wealthy investor will be able to change this, and now it isn''t going to happen.

Prudence has cost us our Premier League place, and those slating the little-old-Norwich ethos, I''m afraid that''s where we are, and have been for the past few decades. Only a change of ownership with a wealthy investor will be able to change this, and now it isn''t going to happen.

Says the man who started a thread congratulating Sunderland wnen it is still possible that we will stay up and they will go down.

Look unto thyself, little ole Norwich!!!!

Well of course we can all hope that Sunderland are congratulating themselves and think it''s job done.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Says the man who started a thread congratulating Sunderland wnen it is still possible that we will stay up and they will go down. Look unto thyself, little ole Norwich!!!![/quote]

I''m just a realist who does not wear Rose-tinted glasses. After today''s result we are effectively down. We will not beat Chelsea & Arsenal, and Sunderland not pick something up from their remain 2 home games. Open your eyes and face the reality!

Paul''s Ferry, the fact remains the board waited way too long. If they made the move due to fan pressure, they would have made it months earlier.

Dr. Ink wrote the following post at 03/05/2014 6:27 PM:

Jenkins wrote:

Says the man who started a thread congratulating Sunderland wnen it is still possible that we will stay up and they will go down. Look unto thyself, little ole Norwich!!!!

I''m just a realist who does not wear Rose-tinted glasses. After today''s result we are effectively down. We will not beat Chelsea & Arsenal, and Sunderland not pick something up from their remain 2 home games. Open your eyes and face the reality!

We are still in with a chance, correct me if I am wrong but it was Fulham and Cardiff that got relegated today, not Norwich.

Now you are a man accusing others of a little old Norwich mentality, while at the same congratulating our rivals for relegation.

I am sorry but I can''t make it any clearer for you.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 03/05/2014 5:52 PM:

All very nice, and well done to them, but is this not a bit ''tinpot''/''little Norwich''

There is a relish on this board to celebrate our weaknesses and dismiss our strengths. There is also a worrying trend of what appear to be long term posters jumping to support threads started by Scummers. It''s shocking![/quote]And what strenghts would they be exactly?

Full stadium, financial security, excellent academy with some strong youngsters coming through, a side that finished 11 in the PL last season, an ability to get results against the top teams at Carrow Road and many more.

It''s been a tough season but if you as a fan are unable to think of any strengths in our club, the I think you may actually be a scummer!

Didn''t they play an unregisterd player?

We are clearly disappointed but their fight and commitment against our abject failure and surrender since christmas make me take my hat off to them, they deserve to stay up and we deserve to go down

Wiz wrote the following post at 03/05/2014 7:27 PM:

Didn''t they play an unregisterd player?

The gang of three are after them

Interesting stuff.http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/03/sunderland-face-legal-fight-points-deduction