Sign in to follow this  
Candy Floss Club

Bouncing Back

As the fat lady clears her throat we can expect the Chief Executive to pronounce on how important it is for the club to ‘bounce straight back’. Money will be available and everything put in place to enable the club to return to ‘where we belong’. Then next Sunday choruses of ‘I’m City till I die’ will punctuate the fat lady’s song if she hasn’t already left the stage. And many will look forward to the embarrassingly puerile rivalry of the fixtures against Ipswich.

The truth is that Norwich is returning to where it belongs. The Championship is packed with clubs of similar size or bigger than Norwich, most operating under the delusion that they also belong in the Premier League. But in an age of the mega rich the top league is increasingly becoming a place where billionaire owners rule. In such an environment a club like Norwich is always going to be struggling against relegation and what is the point of that? Delia was right; we are little Norwich and a correspondingly realistic perspective is required. So look on Millwall at home on a wet Tuesday in November as just a bit of fun or don’t bother at all.

City are back where they belong because the Board do not have the ambition of the supporters.

Morty what is your response keep it clean.

[quote user="pete"]City are back where they belong because the Board do not have the ambition of the supporters.

Morty what is your response keep it clean.[/quote]You got a bit of a thing for me Pete?All of a sudden you''re mentioning my name in every post.

its got facall to do with the board if they spend the money and the players dont come up with the goods how much has r w wastamoney hopper redmond elmander cost us for the net return of eight goals this season just remember rvw is on 43000aweek elmander is on 48000 and the other 2 are not going to be playing for peanuts still blame the board

Well said op

To many plastics funking we have a right to be in the PL. We do not.

Relagation was always on the cards. When in the PL we will only ever fight to stay up. At least in the champs we can have a go at play offs at least.

The club have not failed . Some so called supporters need to take a big grasp of the realality of our position in the football scheme of things.

26000 supporters will turn out at carra next year to enjoy the ups and downs of a new season.

OTBC

I think we were all delighted with the RVW signing at the time, little did we know.

Whatever possessed Hughton to want Elmander in the first place and at such a cost?

Add in this Jonas individual, whom Toon fans to a man considered past it, and it seems our Chris was less that frugal with the Canary Coffers in order to come up with the crap displays that passed as football.

Not only was Hughton a flop, he was also an expensive flop. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I think we were all delighted with the RVW signing at the time, little did we know.

Whatever possessed Hughton to want Elmander in the first place and at such a cost?

Add in this Jonas individual, whom Toon fans to a man considered past it, and it seems our Chris was less that frugal with the Canary Coffers in order to come up with the crap displays that passed as football.

Not only was Hughton a flop, he was also an expensive flop. 

[/quote]Right, so you''re going to use unsubstantiated rubbish from someone on a football forum to beat Hughton with now?Great[Y]

Has anyone else noticed that Hughton was also responsible for the wars in Syria, Ukraine and our failure to succeed in the Eurovision Song Contest. He truly is a loser